Quote[/b] ]

Multiplayer:

- When MP mission file transfer failes, client is disconnected

1.95 specific bugs:

- Fixed SCUD animation bug introduced in 1.95

- Fixed long blue triangle artifacts introduced in 1.95

- Fixed long blue triangle artifacts introduced in 1.95

smile_o.gif

Still not *fixed* (or made optional) the auto-centre when in pilot view.

One of THE most ANNOYING things in OFP to date...

Otherwise, nice smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]the auto-centre when in pilot view.

what is this auto-centre thing you speak of?

I know code is sensitive but they could have fixed a couple more things, like the binocular/nvg anim. or tone down a.i machine gunners engagement distance, still its nice to know BIS is still around and improving the game 2 years+ after release smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]the auto-centre when in pilot view.

what is this auto-centre thing you speak of?

Exactly what it says, when flying/driving if you look left/right (either on the numpad or hat on a joystick) as soon as you let go of the buttons, the view goes back to facing foreward.

o ok,

Quote[/b] ]Exactly what it says, when flying/driving if you look left/right (either on the numpad or hat on a joystick) as soon as you let go of the buttons, the view goes back to facing foreward.
i get it now.i kinda find that helpful.i press the * button on the number pad to look around freely

Aaargh! I just got through deploying 1.95 across both my machines and a friend's!

Oh well, another chance to raid his fridge for beers.

they need to release an official patch eventually. 1.91, 1.92-1.94, 1.95, 1.96, there will be too many server versions to play!!!

And they had better release the final patch before we reach version number 2.00. With Operation Flashpoint 2 looming, it might be confusing explaining what game you have.

"So i downloaded OFP 2.00 the other day."

"OpF2 is outz0rz? pls giv link or somefink!!1"

rock.gif

I love this mission download check patch ... but IT STILL ACCEPTS V1.95 clients (that won't auto-disconnect)!!! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifghostface.gif (if there's no way PLZ Maruk add a little hotfix or we'll get mad reading versions ppl use crazy_o.gif )

Anyone knows how to force V1.96 as a minimum ??

Other detail : I read someone talking of a ID thing ... what's that rock.gif (not in readme)

i get it now.i kinda find that helpful.i press the * button on the number pad to look around freely

The thing is that even with this mouselook ( * button) you can't look around while flying and keep the view in any other position than full left or right by holding the numpad keys or the hat on the joystick.

I tried to use the mouselook, but the view also gets centered when you try to fly and look around.

The numpad 5 key used to be the center view key for those occasions where you would want to center the view quickly.

Especially for flying choppers it's verry important that you can look sidewards to watch at a target while circling around it or just for plain navigation.

If 1.95 and 1.96 didn't include the fix for handling bigger maps I would have allready reverted to 1.94 just to get rid of this view centering sad_o.gif

i know what you mean romolus, you mean trying to free-look in a moving vehicle and no matter how hard you try the view always shifts back to center. that doesnt happen all the time tho, i havnt really noticed the situations it does happen in. has anyone noticed?

there are lots of MP games ive played where it hasnt happened

1.92....1.94.....1.95..........1.96.....OFP is getting patched to death

At the moment we have a very dissapointing situation

some servers runn on 1.92, some are running on 1.94, some on 1.95....now 1.96 is out, nothing new, just bugs fixed wich are introduced with 1.95

Starting Game....looking on server list......well no games waiting in this version.....but i there is one game waiting with 1.94.....restarting game with 1.94.exe......uhhhn game startet.....uhh there is another good game waiting with 1.95....restarting game with 1.95.exe........uhh to late!!!

I think 1.96 will not fix this problem, it just fixes some problems introduced with 1.95, as we can see on the server list, guys are not upgrading theyre servers!

Well i know, most will say now, that is thery own mistake, if they dont upgrade the servers.........but........the gamers get dissapointet......

I realy think a bigger Release 1.97 is needet very soon, and in this patch there should be a few nice gifts, a few new Addons, just to make this new patch more interresting for all guys to upgrade theyre servers, so we stopp the problem with all different server versions.

Thats what i think.......pls tell me what you think about that guys

I think most people have the issue that because it is marked "beta" people don't want to download it for fear of damaging their systems.

Personally, I think that this is a feeble excuse, I've downloaded and used every patch that BIS has produced, from 1.30 all the way to the current 1.96 and not had any problems with any of them.

Ofcourse new content is allways welcom, but at this late stage in the engine's life I doubt we'll see anything.

I do agree that some form of "final" patch should be introduced so that the MP servers can all re-standardise on that new environment. It would also bring in all the new features and enhancements of the new patches, like the anti-cheating methods, and the new fixed terrain rendering (for faster loading, and better lighting) but for the time being, I say rock on BIS, unlike pretty much all of the other games out there you have helped keep ofp alive by introducing things that not only improve the game, but allow addon makers to improve the game too.

Nice job lads!