Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

New sky pack

I did new sky textures mainly for my own use but I really like them so therefor I offer them to the public too.

It's a modified version of Kegetys hisky pack. The sky textures are new but the rain and moving clouds are Kegetys. Also the

install.bat is made by Kegetys but it's perfect so why change that.

The skies are more like the original OFP sky but the resolution is higher.

How to install:

Extract the archive to your Operation Flashpoint

directory. Then go to the created llauma directory,

and run the install.bat file. If the install goes well,

you should be able to use the llauma directory like a regular

mod folder. (ie. add -mod=llauma into your OFPR shortcut link).

For more info check the read me file.

sky06.jpg

sky02.jpg

sky03.jpg

sky04.jpg

sky05.jpg

***Download Llauma's Sky addon v1.0***

*Mirror*  warfaregames

*Mirror*  @Tacticalblunder.com

Looks very nice smile_o.gif I'll definately have to try this out smile_o.gif

looks nice biggrin_o.gif

i like the clear day one it looks real nice with not so many clouds. good work!

Cool! I love the red sky in the early day ... nice red dawn! And it's cool, that there aren't so much clouds!

Good job! Llauma smile_o.gif

I get ERROR: hwtl\data.pbo not found

Obviously it IS there. I have added INQ nv goggles files to data.pbo but otherwise it should work. Any suggestions?

I get ERROR: hwtl\data.pbo not found

Obviously it IS there. I have added INQ nv goggles files to data.pbo but otherwise it should work. Any suggestions?

Hwtl\data.pbo is the Res\Dta\Hwtl\Data.pbo.

So you need Resistance.

Check that it exists where it is supposed to. If the file is modified or not doesn't matter.

Will you be making a new rain .pac?

Maybe.. I will at least check what I can do about it.

I like the rain in the hisky pack but I noticed that all four rain textures are alike..

sorry to say this but, when i try to install the files from your d/l link i get a "missing data.pbo" error...

will try the other two links and get back to you

[edit] have tryed the two others and it´s the same....

and i can´t seem to find any pbo file at all in the pack... just 2 maps, one "bin" map, and one "newdata" map nothing more (exept the readme)

in the newdata are some PAA file and a p3d file[/edit]

OMG..It`s gorgeus!I`ve been waiting for an updated sky pack for a long time!!And this is exactly what I needed..Excelent job mate!

sorry to say this but, when i try to install the files from your d/l link i get a "missing data.pbo" error...

and i can´t seem to find any pbo file at all in the pack... just 2 maps, one "bin" map, and one "newdata" map nothing more (exept the readme)

do you have windoze xp or some older edition ? iirc there were some problems with the installer under win2000 ..

the installer (from Llaumas link, mirrored @Tacticalblunder) works fine for me. i´m just setting up a second hisky folder, and i added some goodies: Sil´s Cessna & T55, Inq´s NVG´s, Ebuds PBR & Water blues.gif

I fixed the problem. Move your hwtl folder from: operation flashpoint\dta to: operation flashpoint\res\dta. I had the same problem and now it will install properly.

Hi Llauma,

at the moment, i've "Kegety's Hisky v1.0c" running. Do i have to uninstall this one, before i use your one? Or do i only have to remove the "HiSky"-Mod from my OFP-shortcut?

THX

Hi Llauma,

at the moment, i've "Kegety's Hisky v1.0c" running. Do i have to uninstall this one, before i use your one? Or do i only have to remove the "HiSky"-Mod from my OFP-shortcut?

Llauma's Sky Pack installs to a separate folder called "Llauma".

It does not affect your existing HiSky folder at all.

To use it, create a new shortcut that specifies mod=Llauma, instead of -mod=HiSky.

Or do what I did. Rename your HiSky folder to HiSkyKegetys and rename the new Llauma folder to HiSky. That way, all your existing shortcuts will continue to work using the new Sky Pack. smile_o.gif

THX a lot Lady!

Renaming mod-folders and things like that isn't a problem. But i wasn't sure if it doesn't overwrite part of Kegety's HiSky, caus Llauma said in the first post, it uses parts of that mod.

I'll try it right now.:)

THX again,

MEDICUS

mig29sky.jpg

Cool sky's mate one gripe though.

How about taming the edges so they dont contrast that much with OFP's horizon , during evenings it looks a bit wierd with everything all blue around you and sudenly the edge is thick brown  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

See this pic for what i mean:

mig29car.jpg

All blue and suddenly white.

I gotta agrea with KoolKid101 that looks allot like LOMAC wow very nice biggrin_o.gif only thing need to be changed is the water it looks terrible in OPF sad_o.gif

It doesn't even look like OPF that much anymore, looks like a flight sim.

Yeah just try landing on the carrier at night looks like one of those fancy flight sims unclesam.gif