Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

Uss nimitz by hawk & dasquade

Quote[/b] ]Will this be a WW2 destroyer or a modern era one?

I think WW2 though.I'm think he's planning to use it for Battle of britain missions ,he already got the plane's for it.

Um, if u place a Nimitz, in an MP mission, that you get TWO carriers, placed accross each other so that you end up with a cross shaped carrier. Anyone else notice this? rock.gif

Great work, pure love sweat and tears have gone into this addon wink_o.gif

(about the destroyer it will be ww2 but can easialy converted to modern, but its going to take ages before its finished as i got delayed by another project)

Still no work from Hawk yet?rock.gif?rock.gif???

Do we know if hawk meant for this to be released yet?

I want to add it to my site, but not without Hawks ok...

anyone?.... anyone?..... rock.gif

Still no work from Hawk yet?rock.gif?rock.gif???

Do we know if hawk meant for this to be released yet?

I want to add it to my site, but not without Hawks ok...

anyone?.... anyone?.....   rock.gif

On ofp.at it says:

Hawk released a new beta version of his great Uss nimitz. The basic model is made by DaSquade and finished by Hawk. It look very nice!

Once again I repeat:

I tried to contact Hawk, but I haven't got any word from him so far. Just in case he says it's "unauthorised" release crazy_o.gif , I advise you NOT to post any news about Nimitz on any websites.

hey smith i dunno if u can help but its worth a try..

i would like to no the following:

1. how to get the men in the Defences

2. how to get AI to use the Catapults

3. a Readme on all the features and wat they do

Great work, pure love sweat and tears have gone into this addon  wink_o.gif

(about the destroyer it will be ww2 but can easialy converted to modern, but its going to take ages before its finished as i got delayed by another project)

I can't think of any modern destroyer that looks anything like a modern counterpart.

BUT

I have a load of unfinished projects on my Hard Drive, among them a Perry class Frigate and Phalanx CIWS.

If anyone wants to try to finish them they're welcome to them. smile_o.gif

IMAHO! wow_o.gif

What a great carrier! Catapults work fine, landing on it is really easy and u can enter the tower and bridge  biggrin_o.gif

But i think the textures could be a little bit better ... look good but could be a little bit better.

I can't wait for the first official release! (The guys from my server, too  tounge_o.gif )

Piece

EDIT:

@ Lee_H._Oswald:

What jet do u use on the 3rd Screen on page nr.6? The one in the catapult? Looks NICE!  biggrin_o.gif  I think I never saw this one before.

THX, MEDICUS

-> F14 Tomcat: I think there is really only one F14, It's the one made by Hellden

If u want to download it, go to JohnnyLump's-AddonHost. U'll find it there in the category "Fixed Wing". There are lot off other nice plains (the F16 by Vit, the great F/A-18 Hornet by Hudson and Pennywise and so on  tounge_o.gif

whoa! Really really really really great thanks!

Can an AI pilot takeoff somehow? I tried placing them (RAD-f-18s) but they seem to be just frozen at the catwalk...however, they dont just blindly proceed to the next waypoint and fall off the deck, it should be noted, so they must be picking up on something...

While we're at it: How does one get the RAD-F-18s wingtips to start out folded up again? Isnt there some init code script for that?

Hope this is viewed as carrier related... rock.gif

While we're at it: How does one get the RAD-F-18s wingtips to start out folded up again? Isnt there some init code script for that?

Add this in the Init or to a Trigger:

Quote[/b] ]

Name1 animate ["lwinganim",1]; Name1 animate ["rwinganim",1]; Name2 animate ["lwinganim",1]; Name2 animate ["rwinganim",1]; ...

Name1, Name2, ...: Name of the plain, if u use more than 1.

If u write it in the init of the plain, this animate  ["lwinganim",1]; this animate ["rwinganim",1]; should work, too.

Edit:

BTW: There is also a ReadMe in the RAD_F/-18-Pack included. You'll find all "animation-names" there  wink_o.gif

Or you could read the readme more carefully and just use the boolean public variable for the wing folding function in the init field of the aircraft so the wings fold up on startup of the mission.  biggrin_o.gif

Very nice addon. And it isnt cause any lag, althought it is so huge. I still remember as i put 3 Tunguskas by DKM crazy_o.gif

Once again I repeat:

I tried to contact Hawk, but I haven't got any word from him so far.

Was that before or after you released his carrier here?  lmao

You are the one who pointed out the fact it can be downloaded from his public FTP

*since it's already posted on ofp.at, I added it to my site.

Hawk, if you DO NOT want it posted, mail me

at Webmaster@WarfareGames.com and I'll remove it at once.

or PM me here, but the mail will be faster.

OMFG this thing is awesome!

I just trapped on my favorite aircraft carrier in H&D's Hornet - easy as pie wink_o.gif

EDIT - just did a cat launch - oh man this thing kicks my ass!

This is the addon we've all been waiting for!

*dies*

Quote[/b] ]Hawk released a new beta version of his great Uss nimitz. The basic model is made by DaSquade and finished by Hawk. It look very nice

It's not a public release, happened in the past with Hawk and an updated version of his C130.

Quote[/b] ]I tried to contact Hawk, but I haven't got any word from him so far. Just in case he says it's "unauthorised" release , I advise you NOT to post any news about Nimitz on any websites.

Looks like "Do what i say and don't do what I do".

Well this is a great addon even in what is probly beta stage. Can't stop having fun with it.

This is why OFP 2 needs functioning ships and working ship stations for.  People mainly for OFP 2 want to combine the available options and capabilities for combining operations from the navy so that regular OFP type gameplay can be expanded to include a more involving and accurate simulation of air,naval,and artillery fire support.

When a good Command&Control system is designed for OFP 2, it will allow the player to command from a regular squad sized force to at least 2 to 3 Company's worth of troops, in addition to having options to have direct control over naval and/or air support.

The player could have the choice to mainly focus on a particular part of the mission (air,sea,land).  You could make a mission where you have to clear the sea nearby so you can land forces.  You'll have to face enemy subs, ships, and enemy aircraft before you can deploy the troops to the front.

Then, based on the results of the naval battle is what forces you have available for the land forces you can deploy and what naval support you have for grunt support.

From that point, you can begin to command the ground forces and begin the mission to take over Hoesville, the island with the MOST highly concentrated number of barely clothed supermodel class women available for sailors and Marines on shore leave.  (No doubt it would be an island worth dying for...   biggrin_o.gif )

This is why OFP 2 needs functioning ships

That says it all...

Hi everyone i am happy to hear those things about it (its true this is beta version but some problems in scripts are caused by limitations of game for example landing gear is imposible to open in AI aircraft beacouse actions for it not exist or is hidden so it can do only player in plane) if anyone from BIS can ansver for this problem it would be great) about credits don't worry it would be all in readme (this was non public version so it wasn't there)

This is why OFP 2 needs functioning ships and working ship stations for.  People mainly for OFP 2 want to combine the available options and capabilities for combining operations from the navy so that regular OFP type gameplay can be expanded to include a more involving and accurate simulation of air,naval,and artillery fire support.

When a good Command&Control system is designed for OFP 2, it will allow the player to command from a regular squad sized force to at least 2 to 3 Company's worth of troops, in addition to having options to have direct control over naval and/or air support.

The player could have the choice to mainly focus on a particular part of the mission (air,sea,land).  You could make a mission where you have to clear the sea nearby so you can land forces.  You'll have to face enemy subs, ships, and enemy aircraft before you can deploy the troops to the front.

Then, based on the results of the naval battle is what forces you have available for the land forces you can deploy and what naval support you have for grunt support.

From that point, you can begin to command the ground forces and begin the mission to take over Hoesville, the island with the MOST highly concentrated number of barely clothed supermodel class women available for sailors and Marines on shore leave.  (No doubt it would be an island worth dying for...   biggrin_o.gif )

biggrin_o.gif exact

[EC] hawk you the hawk that has released those addons rock.gif

I have been told Hawk can not speak english crazy_o.gif