Sign in to follow this  
uiox

The survivor

The Survivor version 1.0 Translate in English, Italian, Spanish, German and French

Available here

Links to addons

Vehicle pack Air pack Infantry pack Guns pack Objects pack

Official OFrP mission (Opération FrenchPoint).

With :

Half hour of cutscenes, new concepts of roleplay, new scripts, various objectives (reco, rescue, attack, defend nad assistance), realism.

This mission requires the following packs : OFrP_Air, OFrP_Armes, OFrP_Infanterie, OFrP_Objets and OFrP_Vehicules.

It also require the Resistance official addon, version 1.91 and above.

You play an officer which normal role is to do electronic maintenance, but you are going to live a quite different adventure.

You will have to face multiple rebounds in the story.

Hints and Tips

Be curious and observe the world around you. A part of the mission has quite new game concepts.

If you serach correctly, you will find material which could help you in your mission.

History

My original idea was to demonstrate that it is usually simpler to do the job with team mates thant alone.

This mission is also a mean to show the last to date OFrP Packs.

It features nearly all my knowledge in scripting. I did create specially some scripts for it that you will probably discover.

Screens from intro

Intro1.JPG

Intro2.JPG

Screen from mission

Mission2.JPG

Screen from one outro in mission

OutroIn.JPG

Could provide links for the addons please? I want to give this mission a go...

Sounds truly great! OFrP is Operation Frenchpoint right?

I'll give it a go!

Just installed OFrP and your mission, and got a

Quote[/b] ]Preprocessor failed on file mission\_cur_sp.noe\description.ext - error 1.

I've got 1.91, don't know if it's my bad, but frankly haven't got much time now, I'll try later.

cool uiox. I'll give it a whirl; I can't wait to see what your fertile mind gives birth to.

Yeah same, I will have a look at this, looks very interesting.

Uses good addons and promises to be realistic, will definetly give this one a try, thank you smile_o.gif .

edit:

I have just started, used radio, revived some men, killed the bmp and squad around base, then used uav in Modrava to check things there and the other one to check the area i was gonna move to find other squad...BMP spoted, uav shot by 2 machine gunners sad_o.gif ... time for action, left one man in a truck behind and proceed onfoot to avoid enemy armor, spoted bmp and infantry 500m away with binos, saved game and shot a rocket against the bmp only to be shot to peaces by PK fire 350/400m away.

Ok.. loaded, changed position, shot the BMP and dead by PK atleast 3 more times, gonna move around and avoid them on my next try, after i shoot a rocket they even shoot me thru bushes and trees crazy_o.gif . Also the Famas is not very acurate over long distance so i think i will have to use good oll Kalashnikova instead. I also think the mission would work better on Everon because not only Nogova is low on vegetation but the nogovan bushes provide zero concealment (a.i. can see thru them). Im very curious to see what other objectives will come along and i will continue playing it, thanks uiox smile_o.gif .

Beau travail uiox.

Compliments a toute l'équipe.

Je n'ai jeté qu'un coup d'oeil rapide mais je vois déjŕ la valeur du travail accompli. Surtout sur la gestion des objets/ressources.

Two thumbs up!!!

Cheers

Just installed OFrP and your mission, and got a
Quote[/b] ]Preprocessor failed on file mission\_cur_sp.noe\description.ext - error 1.

I've got 1.91, don't know if it's my bad, but frankly haven't got much time now, I'll try later.

My bad, made a typo in a modfolder wink_o.gif

Great mission, but didn't got very far at my first try. I'm getting on better every time tounge_o.gif

what was the typo? I seem to have made it as well....

oh right, when setting up a separate modfolder, you need to put the addons in the folder Addons.....

Looks cool. Any hints on where in the island the scud is hiding?

Looks cool.  Any hints on where in the island the scud is hiding?

NE in a small village.

Hey UIOX.

Do you think you might be making any Tonal missions at some point?

dlding survivour now. Looks mighty good.

I tell you I was really impressed with the intro camera work in mission KOMOE by smoke (some of the best iv'e seen)but just can't help but think it would have benn so much better on Tonahl.

Congrats on some really good quality stuff.

BTW it would be cool if you guys had an English section

in your'e forums. (Or maybe I should just learn French properly)

Thanks... checked it out just now.

Read that there was 6 months of work involved in mission KOMOE......

I'll shut my big mouth.

I'll shut my big mouth.

Hey guy just take a look to "la légion s'installe" my first mission.

How many parsec from Komoé?

You'r wrong.

I don't speak english well, and in international forum they don't like french.

Can we continue our discuss in our forum?

This topic is only for show what I can do, no friend here, so no pm, good creations not need advertiment, time is a good judge.

For me is only: uiox was here!

I'll shut my big mouth.

Hey guy just take a look to "la légion s'installe" my first mission.

How many parsec from Komoé?

You'r wrong.

I don't speak english well, and in international forum they don't like french.

Can we continue our discuss in our forum?

This topic is only for show what I can do, no friend here, so no pm, good creations not need advertiment, time is a good judge.

For me is only: uiox was here!

OK I have registered and started a new thread In the NDF

Frenchpoint forums called "Pour UIOX"(<cliquez vous) in the English section.

Sorry but I only learned french at high school so it is not that good.

No offence ment and no offence taken I hope sad_o.gif

Look forward to your'e reply.

I need to find a scud but both uav's were shot down sad_o.gif , and i cant find the pilot, maybe he drowned rock.gif , I'll keep trying...

shame on me. But far away from my mission.

My intro?

The mission?

The outroIn?

The outro?

Stickintro or Stickoutro?

just a little help for my friend.... crazy_o.gif and stop drink.

just a little help for my friend.... crazy_o.gif and stop drink.

Okokok... the intro was very good and the music gave it a cinematic feel i enjoyed very much, the slow motion missile hiting the puma i didnt like so much but overall is great.

At start of mission it was running a bit slow, maybe because of the many units used in it? The machinegunners always kill my UAV's sad_o.gif , and they also kill me if i shoot at the BMP's.

Only one script error found when i revived/healed one of the soldiers but it only happened once, other than that all is fine.

Mission concept is good, could use more action but im having fun so far, will post more after i finish smile_o.gif .

Stop drink it's for me, don't worry.

For uav it's a problem, but i think when you are wrong you start again.

How start again uav? Good challenge and idea. Thx guy!

yeah, you and me both uiox.

The mission is "all about" the UAVs. Yeah, if you fly them low over the enemy, you'll get shot up. The trick is to pick a nice standoff location, park and scan.

you don't need to be on top of the enemy to get your news.

-- although one of my scans missed a T-80. heheh that was embarassing.

It's a nice little mission. The planche for the pilot is cool. You could do the same for a shipwreck. A very nice device.

And finding the scud was fun too. Once I had a tip on the general area to search, I scanned the area, and from afar examined with the camera (maybe some MGs close in would help ;) I'm malicious, I know.) spotted the target, and called in trouble.

Plus I haven't seen many of those helos since one July 14 morning many years ago. (I wanted to watch them do another loop over La Defense, but she had other ideas). So yeah, something about seeing them in action stirs a patriotic bone in my body.

Oh yeah, and I love cutscenes where all the hardware is formally introduced. In fact, I think we should require it of all new addons biggrin_o.gif