Sign in to follow this  
Bobcatt666

Resin model weapons

Hi.

After checking with the moderators for their ok just a short post for people in the OPF community that might have an intrest in 1 to 1 scale resin modled weapon models. That I tend to end up with time to time. They are made for law (un)enforcement and military training, museums and military displays And sometimes movie work. Usually when there is a high risk of somebody doing something stupid with a live weapon. Or the need of lots of weapons for film extras or stuntwork. Well in short see if there was enough intrest to offer said weird stuff to the guys here rather than the industry that often destroy them once they are finished using them..

Parties intersted can email or pm me

Lets see if anybody is paying attention. rock.gif

you pimping youre wares here now to a wider audenice now that our site is down. Good luck mate, how much do you charge again i want to rob a bank?tounge_o.gif

i don´t understand fully...

are you going to borrow fake firearms to mod teams or is your intention to give ´em away for free ?

hes selling them cant remember the prices though there was a thread on them in the rhs forums but thats gone sad_o.gif

Well have a couple of movies coming in, in March and a fresh batch of industial grade resin. Thoses intersted here is what one looks like fully assembled and painted.

http://tired-iron.mounet.com/tirediron/m2_50_Cal.htm

I'm considering setting up a site for ours but its a hobby mostly and usually to get rid of the leftovers so don't have to destroy them due to the space they take up, we often make custom props for induviduals. I know in the military vehicle collectors circles. We use them to put weapons on vehicles on display for the shows.

I've on a few times I have converted our models to softair time to time, able to purchace the internal gearing for gas and sping guns for those who wanna functioning custom airsoft. Usually of something not aviable or way too expensive to buy from Japan.

That and having a hardon for a softair MP-44 or MG-34. Usually stick to the large weapons or guns I like a lot.

M60

MG34

MG42

MP44

M249

M240

M1919

M1917

PKM

BAR Automatic weapon

M3A1 Grease Gun There is oddly a major lack of these around I was looking for one myself and kit guns out of zink where outragous and the soft air guns were around $300.00 using a gas firing system.

Mac-10 Ingram was another buzz gun that went through the roof usuall a decent airsoft is around $200.00

DhSK-M

RPG-2 Launcher + Rocket grenades

RPG-7 Launcher + rocket grenades

M82A1 Barret Light 50 Cal.

A friend currently makes M2HBA2 for about 800.00 thats is really nice and he's so leave him to do those and I can stick to the smaller ones.

I'm considering making the up to date 50 cal. with the changeable barrel the US Army replace the M2HBA2 with last year. But most of the military vehicle collectors have vintage vehicles needing the older weapon system. But have started seeing XM1s around at shows so might change.

So anyone intersted can contact me via email or instant messanger.

(1) Theses are non-firing weapons often in kit form that you assemble and paint. (Unless requested into a airsoft converssion, or to be preassembled and painted by one of us at additional cost. )

(2) Some are capable of full field teardown, but are usually just resin casts of from the real weapon. (highly depends on the design of the weapon and internal moving parts, or the weapon itself used for making the casting. Highly deatiled weapons have highly detailed prices, due to all the parts must be fitted to make sure it goes together. )

(3) Your responceablity to make sure that these are leagal to possess in your area. Because of how realistic these look being 1 to 1 scale models. (Some of you live in Neo Communist contries where you can't even own rubberband guns like The Republic of California. )

Note: I work on other things usually the real vehicles making theses is a sideline job nore do I really want to do this full time even if its kinda fun. We do more than just replica guns, we also make other things like missile launchers, grenade launchers and other oddstuff for reneactors. Giving them the ability to not have to worry about damaging a histroical piece of equipment. As well as muesums that display em not needing to worry about liabiliy of a weapon injuring a person dumb enough to touch it.

Some actually will take parts from a real weapons, just will not fire. Some of the RPGs use real surplus parts to look more realistic. Or a few metal parts made for them but trying to fire live ammo will often make them explode.

Yeah, I'd like of like to have an idea of the high and low prices. A pic or two would be nice as well. What kind of supply have you got? Are we talking about one or two replicas of each variant, or 5-10?

same, looks interesting, and might be something I'd go for.

Would makea change from making plastic kit aircraft anyho biggrin_o.gif

Yesss! Pics and prices would be nice smile_o.gif Years ago I had a girlfriend that did moldings for star treck fans. I helped out a little , at the time there was good money in it. I thought about doing it with guns but never got the time to do it. But I could never do anything that good!!!

Any information/progress, or is all this interrest being ignored? smile_o.gif

A lot of people would be interrested it appears.

Drumming up price-lists now as we speak, after combing the internet looking over other resin molded weapons.

@necromancer There are a number of airsoft H & K G36s currently avilable out already that be much cheaper to purchase if we produced a custom made one for you. So it being a fairly common airsoft like most H & K series weapons. But if you want to commssion a custom one of the kind type gun thats cool. Just be forewarned that it would be costly, not being slated for our normal production

Pics of one assembled is here -> http://tired-iron.mounet.com/tirediron/m2_50_Cal.htm

Rough pricing small sized weapons would start around $40.00 US and up _depending on the complexness of said model_. And if I had to purchase a real weapon and destroy it to make decent castings off of the parts which rarely happens thankfully or find something slated for destruction anyway due to regulations thats can usually get access to from local law enforcement or military personal. Thus reproduce a non-firing one they later use for training and identfication uses. Without fear of a weapon discharge in the classroom. Yes seen it happen a fair number of times as cops and military get a bit goofy at times. Like hitting other people and impaling them on a wall with the op rod and springs from the 50 Cal, and M60s. Yes they are under that much pressure when you don't ride the bolt forward before removing the retaining pin. Easilly penetrate a concrete block. ROTC are just as dangerous on the crews end as they are on the business end.

Best to submit what your looking to get to get the prices for it, too many models to sit and rattle off pricelists for everything we do, its too _many_ things.

Weapons often come in two grades.

Standard: Basic model weapon, molded no moving parts, usually having a detachable magazine. Some upgrades aviable.

Delux: Some moving parts ie bolt carrier group, field stripable into basic components, upgradeable with addon parts.

We'll do the more common made weapons if people really must have them but tons of rather good looking and cheep softairs around it seem wasteful when could be making cool stuff to proporly sacre folks with. Only limited to the ability to obtain access to the real weapon to work from. So the top secret type stuff would require making it from scratch. Like the Bizon AK speteznaz submachine gun. I want for my own collection so its driving the production of them.

@Hellfish6

Sometimes I get some back from the movies. but what usually happens is they go into storage and reused and reused and reused over and over. The film companies seldom buy directly anymore and propmasters or prophouses gofer for the things needed for the film in making. Thus most everything made is spoken for or ordered to destroy after the filming which sucks. Be nice having the stuff from films like We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers, Three Kings. ect ect ect. Still have two vehicles that used in Tank Girl around thankfully. Annoyed they destroyed the jet plane mock up. and the F117 for another movie we did it looked real sure the local Air museume would have creamed their shorts to get it.

Right now all thats on the table is a bunch of commie grenades for a movie next month. And RPG rounds they are using real guns for this movie so don't need to make drop guns for it. I asked nicely for pics of guns that are now owned by folks thats were made by us and they snatched up but been waiting and getting older. Have two M60s on standbye to be made for MVP members but, they not made up their minds which one they want made. We used to premake them which then nobody wanted that kind a gun and wanted something else which kinda was a waste of time. Perfer making them to order saves us major hastles in the long run and no wasting of resin which everyone knows is very exspensive. I guess could cast something small to take pictures of.. Like a M1911A1 Colt 45. without wasting resin or pissing off the Marine who works with me. But he's mostly got a hardon for paying work right now, that and the Class Three level stuff have to jump through hoops to obtain usually very busy weapons dealer friend or dealing with the armorer on base. Thankfully most of the molds are already made for the machine guns.

I usually hand off weapons to those who move them around and avoid the sales aspects. I know there is often a substantial markup usually twice the amount. So the M60 order is made I'll post the pics of the kit gun before packing it to ship to the owner. Maybe I can snivle to get my hands on the New P90s that came in last month at my friends gunshop. If the Marines didn't snap them up. ;) Just trying to figure out how to reproduce a nice enough looking mag for that. Seeing its amber clear see through plastic mag for it. Or just make folks buy a real mag to clip into the model.

Currently the M249 is the older model first issue with the hard stock. Not the pretty kind like 4th ID is seen humping around Bagdad currently. It cast of a friend who personally owns one and going to convince him to trick it out to the new standard. Seeing I could just racast the current one so the stock can be exchanged later like the M60s can with the barrel kits. Considering droping the M249 standard model (nomoving parts) and just make the deluxe the normal and only model to save us the headace of folks mulling over which to get, and be annoyed later they didn't get the one with moving parts later. I sometimes sneak real parts on some of these some folks where shocked getting theses with some real parts on them. like wood furniture, or a metal barrel usually cause they get shot out and sometimes can score a bucket of spent barrels, Makes em feel a bit beefier that way also. Reneactors love em usualy half the weight of the real gun so not a big hastle luging them up and down hills. *smirk* Even if kinda said shouldn't do that, but seem tough enough to be handled. Best compaired to say a fullsized spring-air rifle. About that sturdy, enough to be handled and mounted on a vehicle mount, but I know 250 lb guy fallig on its it will break. But fairly easy to mend seeing its an overgorified garage kit.

Ok, after much reserch and lots of legwork I'll be posting some of the guns currently being worked on. Now that O got a shipment of resin. Stuff is awful pricey last batch was $219.00 US thats only for it in one gallon bottles. Was hoping these movies that came though tallow my to buy a couple of 55 gal. Drums of resin again. , annoying when you goof up a mold and piss away about $50.00 worth of materail which I did trying to make a mold out of MP44 . Cool thing lgot training on aluminum casting and a place to do it. making things easier and mabey cheeper. Seeing that don't have to hold onto the class III weapons as long making molds. Saving me secutiry issues turning weapons in and out and driving 50 miles a day everyday they are needed for doing work on. And its made of metal over high density resin, even if the resin is fairly tough. Its stronger than the plastic used to make softair weapons and almost as strong as Aluminum. But its a major pain working with and unforgiving when you screw up. Got a classic Singer and Remington Rand M1911A1 on the blocks now to cast for a local Marine commander for putting on a wall plaque. Nice the stuff gets every detail SN numbers manufactures proof marks. Even nicks and dings as well as the cross hatching on the wooden grips. Beable to show those off in the next few weeks if scheduals hold together. Were keeping the mold for the 45 so they can be made on from now. Might even try making it out of Aluminum, just that is strong enough to fire low velosity shells so hould have to omit something in the cast so somebody could turn it into a firing weapon. Maybe do what the Collectors armory did with theres so they couldn't be converted to fire.

I'd definitely be interested if

A: They costed less than buying an actual firearm (or pellet gun for that matter, I could buy a pellet gun that resembles an actual firearm that would... work. Go figure). Otherwise it might be a novelty for those who "R teh wealthy" incidentally I am not.

B: They could get shipped into Canada without our gay laws getting in the way. Which is very unlikely since if it looks like a gun and it has no markings indicating to the average idiot that it is in fact not a gun. It will not go through. So maybe if you spraypainted the barrel orange or put some orange tape on it?

I'd love to have a resin replication of a firearm. Just for decoration. It would take me back to those days when I was a kid and I have a mini-arsenal of plastic toy guns.

Unfortuantely if the resin costs that much. I'd probably be in better stead to go out and get my FAC and buy a shotgun and drive out to the country on weekends this summer and shoot old refridgerators apart.

I could do that for roughly 200 bucks and some change. Not counting ammo costs.

So what's a ballpark figure we're talking about for your cheapest replication?

You should strike a deal with Maruk or something and market a line of "OFP monogrammed" resin replications of guns or something. That'd be a cool novelty I think. tounge_o.gif

Well smaller weapons are as cheep as 20 to 50 US depending on what they are. I also now have the ability to go metal on them which is more econimicly feasable. Alumnim is cheeper just a little more dangerous to work with. Fire wise, oppose to flamable caustic chemicals. Anyway it mostly depends on what you wanted, like I said in earlier post the overly popular guns with armalights M4s M16s you can get a convincing looking on in soft air for 60 to 300 dollars. Nore weapons that are diffcult to obtain for making the molds from even if I did get my grubby paws on one of the BISON ak type guns. That was really luckly and good timing.

Most of theses are for display use anyway, but seeing usually the real weapons is sometimes four or five thousand dollars. And most cases a lot of govermental redtape for a destructive device. having checked a good gas powered belt fed M60 is 800.00 to 1,200.00 UD dollars, in same cases it can't be imported. A few states in the US you can't even have one. Kinda not really a novelty, use to make theses regerlly for folks who collected military stuff like uniforms and vehicles and need a gun to accent the display. Hell a decent reneacting kit with repro uniforms your talking a 1,000.00. So getting a cast resin modle of a MP44 Sturmgever for about $400.00. Almost half the price of the parts gun built on a fake reciver. Hell the parts kit alone is about 400. usually rusted bits from a supply storehouse, or a weapon that couldn't be imported and destroyed by torch cutting the reciver into three jagged sections. And the minute you buy the parts kit your name is on a federal watch list for having bought machinegun parts. Mostly they fill a spot for folks who will never beableto get the real thing cause if cost 10 thousand and a year long federal background check. Oh they go way back for thoes like military high level security checks. Don't gotta worry about the kids playing with it and blowing somebody away with it because it was loaded. If it gets stolen so what, it will never harm anybody cause it can't fire. Maybe the swat team will find the crook and blow him away once he points it at them.. =)