Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Flashpoint revival missions and campaigns

Ok, after some initial discussions it has been decided to come up with mission packs, both MP and SP, in the hope to revive an interest into OFP and OFP addons that have gone undeserved.

This thread is dedicated to the initial planning of story lines, the addons to be used and any other ideas that could be taken on board.

I suggest we keep the group structure fairly communistic, with no real leader, I think this will help us to avoid cock fights smile_o.gif

Anyhow, my suggestion for addons is as follows:

- Malden - Everon - Kolgujev islands map

- Trinity island

- C130 v.2

- Martin's DC-3

- Tornado (German or UK or both)

- giant Antonov

- Russian airborne troops

- US Marines pack

- all of DKM units

- Sigma 6 and RHS tanks

- Operation Frenchpoint units

- UA

- Hovercrafts (is it ready yet?)

- Improved Resistance/FIA units

- Nogova Armed Forces

I decided not to include any of the BAS addons, as they are some of the most important ones and have a fairly good audience already IMO.

So, please contribute other addon ideas, plus initial ideas on how we could fit a storyline around those units and maps smile_o.gif

Nice ronin.

But why are you restricting us with addons?

I say we have different storylines which require different addons. So choosing addons isnt a problem.

Choosing a stroryline with a brilliantly made mission with it is the main THING wink_o.gif

I'm not restricting, I am suggesting smile_o.gif

One of my gripes with OFP at the moment is that there are not enough missions for the addons. One approach could be a huge addon-campaign, which features addons only, or we could make small mission packs featuring certain units, or we could make single missions with no addons aimed at increasing interest in Flashpoint missions in general, or whatever.

No set rules at the moment, lets just have a brainstorm on what we want to do - although I would prefer the addon-campaign tbh. smile_o.gif

Those are a lot of addons maybe make a smaller selection? Anyway maybe you could make a large-scale amphibious assault operation, since there are no good ones around. You can also use the Tales Of War AAV7 and the USS Ashland. smile_o.gif

Of course, anyone could just do their own thing and the only collaboration is in the technical details, but tbqh with you, this is what Mission Editing forum is for anyway.

This way, if there is some kind of cohesion, then it would be more fun to make these things, no? smile_o.gif

So this is open, anyone can put their missions in the pack? biggrin_o.gif Would love to work on a realy good mission-pack only don't know much about cutscenes. wink_o.gif

Great idea, I'm all for giving forgotten addons the credit they've allways deserved, but never got. Aim to keep it a bit small. Use the original CWC islands with lose addons or addons from small packs. The large addoncollections are often frequently used in missions or have their own campaign or missions, it are often the seperate ones we've forgotten about. It should probably be a campaign to optimize potential users, cause people like rather big integrated projects. I'll keep an eye open for any potentials addons...

Perhaps we could have releases every 2 months or something, and each "Flashpoint Revival Missions Pack" could have several SP and MP missions, plus a mini campaign or two of about 3-8 missions.

We could also come up with an internal QA and thus have more or less the same quality standard across all missions.

Addon use is optional, after all this is about Flashpoint firstly and foremostly. However, introducing some addons to the fame they never received would also be quite nice smile_o.gif

Surely use most BAS addons, and some addons with the same quality like Sigma and RHS tanks and I would love to see a large ship maybe one of Falklands mod or the USS Ashland like I mentioned before (the USS Ashland needs retexturing since they released before it was realy finished)

How about the invasion of Trinity to start free elections in the island. The first mission would be to identify targets at the beachhead. Then you would call in airstrikes on them. Then you signal the troops to land on the beach head. Then, as the campaign progresses, you find out that the russians have landed on the southern area of the island and want to restore the former government. Then you would switch sides and then play various roles on the eastern side. First you would be a Russian paratropper on the night of the invasion and have to jump out of the plane and regroup with your squad. Then you would have to attack a major gas station. Then you would play as a tanker and have to push through the American/European lines.

(May I sugest that the BW mod is used also?)

Good point, wich islands should we use, scould make a list with wich islands we should use since we want to give an impression of the best.

I like this idea. I'll help out.

Can I also suggest BAS addons? I don't think I'd be able to live without Tonal anymore.  wink_o.gif

Edit: D'oh! Missed your reasoning about BAS addons. Still... I'd like to use Tonal.

BAS addons are fine but I don't think Tonal can make it because of the large size sad_o.gif (this pack must be useable for everyone so also for the 56k'ers) wink_o.gif But we can make a mini-campaign for it.

But the BAS addons are widely used in missions so we prefer not to use them. The essention of this pack is to bring more missions for good addons, wich don't have good missions.

(Sorry for the first post) blues.gif

Seeing how there are so many different points of view, I think that my earlier suggestion is still the best?

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps we could have releases every 2 months or something, and each "Flashpoint Revival Missions Pack" could have several SP and MP missions, plus a mini campaign or two of about 3-8 missions.

We could also come up with an internal QA and thus have more or less the same quality standard across all missions.

Addon use is optional, after all this is about Flashpoint firstly and foremostly. However, introducing some addons to the fame they never received would also be quite nice

Seeing how there are so many different points of view, I think that my earlier suggestion is still the best?

I think you're right but how are we going to plan this? Still have some missions, with a little changes I can make nice missions of it (but do we need cutscenes and camera-effects, willing to learn of it) So what are the rules?

IF everyone agrees thats the way to do it, then we need to come up with some QA items that each mission needs to follow (briefing, Intro, Outro, etc.) smile_o.gif

I don't think we are quite there yet, we'll see smile_o.gif

A question in a mission do you have to play/steer the addon yourself. For example the C130 do you have to drop units yourself or let them drop?

Going back to the point where this idea started i think the few of us who started mainly did make some 'other' points like....

I HAVE SOME MISSIONS HALF DONE OR 75% DON LYING AROUND AIMLESSLY , how about we complete them first and move on to this or mould those to meet our requirements proposed here by ronin? smile_o.gif

I have namely one Iraqi missions where US delta raid a oil refinery and then lie in wait to stalk some iraqi tanks and bust them its a good mission , then others like it just lying around half done .... crazy_o.gif

I get your point but we need some rules for example to create the briefings.

Rules for creating a breifing? rock.gif

What rules , just make the thing according to mission specs ... whats with the rules?

You know that the missions included in the pack have the same look (or don't you think it's nessecary) rock.gif

Ah home at last.

Nice to see you made that sticky Ex Ronin.

I m all for the idea. Although i would mostly concentrate on making big co ops around the idea since i suck at camera work and we need to put in some real nice new co ops to battle against the big beast of CTI tounge_o.gif

I think first thing to do is decide on a general line of addons to use, then the storyline and then who and how is gonna work this out. Would also be nice if we could complement eachother, like one doing the general implementation of stuff the other doing the intro- outro, briefing, scripting etc etc.

This way we will get the cohesion we need to work as a team. Not just mission 1 made by blablabla, but mission one by the "fillinteamname".

This isnt going to work if we gonna need to give more credit to one person then another depending on each mission

What we can do is finish and tweak some almost done missions by any of the team, polish and betatest them intensively and use them to make a name for the team and giving the people some things to play with untill the main part of the campaign etc is done.

Just my two cents, i m very eager to start smile_o.gif

But lets get a story, a team and a general idea of addons first on paper before jumping the gun and stranding infront of the finishline ...

Cheers