Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Flashpoint revival missions and campaigns

Quote[/b] ]I like the idea of having a theme for the packs.

Like one month the theme can be "Invasion!"

The next it could be "Commando!"

And the next "Coalition!" and so on...

That is a bit different from what I had in mind, but could turn out to be much better! Thanks mate!

Who else agrees>?

I think we all do.

I have a few themes as well:

1.CWC theme

2.Modern era US-NATO theme.

3.Modern era RUSSIA theme.

4.Fictional Tonal themed campaign based on various army's such as French , Aussie etc etc

5.Iraqi themed campaign.

6.Afghanistan theme (soviet invasion) -- (i would really like to see this one done)

7.Modern afghanistan taliban theme with US forces and others involved.

You all have 75% done missions on your HDs why not email them to each other?

If the get up and go has got up and gone perhaps letting a fresh pair of eyes look at the mission might get it finished.

You all have 75% done missions on your HDs why not email them to each other?

If the get up and go has got up and gone perhaps letting a fresh pair of eyes look at the mission might get it finished.

Thats exactly what i have been coughing up for the last fw pages tounge_o.gif

We need a host to put up files and then swap them.

I think we all do.

I have a few themes as well:

1.CWC theme

2.Modern era US-NATO theme.

3.Modern era RUSSIA theme.

4.Fictional Tonal themed campaign based on various army's such as French , Aussie etc etc

5.Iraqi themed campaign.

6.Afghanistan theme (soviet invasion) -- (i would really like to see this one done)

7.Modern afghanistan taliban theme with US forces and others involved.

I'm thinking that the themes should be as loose as possible. By having a one or two word theme, you leave it up to the mission designer to flesh things out. It lets people be creative while maintaining that theme.

Say if we have "Invasion!" as our theme, one mission maker might make a really elaborate USMC amphibious operation. Another addon maker might have a mission where the player leads a Tonali rebel group past government patrols and attempts to create a guerrilla movement in Tatu (invading the hearts and minds). Or another mission maker makes something about a virus that invades the host and makes them crazy zombies.

Such an idea would allow people to maximize their creativity. I worry that if we do something like "OK everyone, we all have to make a Soviet vs. US mission for the next pack" it might turn some people off. What if John really wanted to do something else? What if he wanted zombies?

I agre no restrictions.

I was just posting some themes as ideas.

I got one mission for Nomad half done , nver finished it though because of afghan unit problems. Anyone know which units might fit the talibns best?

Its a good missionwith you being a CIA dude having to recon some taliban area with a NA contact you come across some tanks in a valley then you call in a AC-130 strike biggrin_o.gif , smok the tanks and head for your safehouse in a nearby villag thats when the fun begins as the talibans have come over following a tip searching for you , now you must escape and fight them off and head for the Pakistani border ....

Hows the storyline? I just need to work out cutscenes and music plus the border place ..

Quote[/b] ]Another addon maker might have a mission where the player leads a Tonali rebel group past government patrols and attempts to create a guerrilla movement in Tatu (invading the hearts and minds).

Damn, I just made a mission in Tatu tounge_o.gif . Tons of spawning scripts + Tanks + Blackhawks + MARPATs = jolly good fun smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif !

Your pack does need something to hold it together: I suggest that be a common group of addons. That way you can lump the addons together in a single download, and the pack in a single download, and everyone's happy.

Keep missions simple.

Cutscenes aren't as difficult as most people seem to think; all you need are some basic principles of cinema and photography and a knowledge of how to use camera.sqs properly.

It just takes a lot of time.

Ok, one or two worded themes, I like that, and it seems we all agree on that. So let us stick with this.

What about addons, should we require addons? Should we have a common list of addons?

Cutscenes - always use editor, with some script assistance. They are not good, but they do the job IMO. I think its time we started thinking about hosting solutions too. Somewhere where we can send our half-finished missions that are then completed/added to by the rest of the group.

Do we agree so far?

Got a mission on Nogova including a large amphibious assault of US troops to repel the rebels from a part of the island, the base of the mission looks very nice(uses sucheys marines, tales of war AAV7 and USS Ashland) but still needs a briefing and maybe some cutscenes. You have control over a lot of units like choppers and the AAV7's  smile_o.gif

When the AH-1W comes out I can use them instead of the army cobras I've got now wink_o.gif

Do we agree so far?

I agree

By the way maybe I can ask a friend if he can help to build a site if he's got the time (tought he could also make forums)

I agree.

I still have a webspace lying around. I used it to sponsor our now dead 3-man paintball league.

If somebody can make a simple website or something we can easily upload the stuff to.

The address isnt very good and i accidently renewed it a good 2 months back crazy_o.gif

So it s lying around anyway.

Want us to use that ?

Just lemme know, btw, i suck at websites so dont ask me, i ll host the space for another 10 months. ( it s costing me 300/Y )

V3L website ( no more of use )

URL stays the same ofcourse sad_o.gif

Cheers

So JAP you're from Belgium I am from Breda near the Belgium border  wink_o.gif

I still got to ask my friend, because I am also not good at websites myself (only know a little bit about frontpage)  sad_o.gif

By the way this site doesn't look so bad

I agree.

I still have a webspace lying around. I used it to sponsor our now dead 3-man paintball league.

If somebody can make a simple website or something we can easily upload the stuff to.

The address isnt very good and i accidently renewed it a good 2 months back crazy_o.gif

So it s lying around anyway.

Want us to use that ?

Just lemme know, btw, i suck at websites so dont ask me, i ll host the space for another 10 months. ( it s costing me 300/Y )

V3L website ( no more of use )

URL stays the same ofcourse sad_o.gif

Cheers

It would help if you could set up a guest FTP account on the website so missions can be uploaded and downloaded (2 different folders) smile_o.gif

I can design a small website, but what we are really going to do is just upload half made missions and offer complete missions/mission packs for download. If I can be bothered, I could make a perl script that displays on the webpage what uploaded/completed files are present, but I would have to discuss the details in private with you, JAP.

As for mission editing queries, MSN/ICQ/Mission Editing and OFPEC should be sufficient resources IMO.

So, if everyone agrees with the above, we can start talking about addons smile_o.gif

Looks fine to me but got to go to school now sad_o.gif Be back around 3-4 o clock on the forum wink_o.gif

Yeah

Add me 2 msn jap_xxl@hotmail.com

I ll give you the accountinfo and you can set it up if you want smile_o.gif

Should be almost unlimited account, well, that s at least what they told me.

Now how are we gonna set this ftp up, and how are we gonna do this. Best thing is we get a readme with each unfinished mission discribing what s missing or not working in it and the addons or just a copy of the mission.sqm file with the addons on it.

How are we gonna structurise this, cause i dont think it would be good 5 people trying to solve the same problem in the same mission at once.

How is this mission team gonna be called ... ?? hey i want a name tounge_o.gif

What are we gonna make, is it like said a few times, just themed things, and if so, what are the themes gonna be or do i just do my mini campaign and who s gonna teamup with who or whos gonna do what ?

Yeah alot of questions i know, i m known for that.

Cheers

I'll add ya when I get back.

I think we got this far: for every mission pack, we will have a theme, like Hellfish proposed. Then everyone makes a bunch of SP, MP missions, perhaps even a mini-campaign. Everyone can do it whatever way they want to meet the theme. "Invasion" could be airborne landings, amphibious landings, crossing borders, terrorist attacks, whatever. Interpretation is up to you.

Who is working on which mission? Perhaps we should have a small forum, on which we indicate who is working on which mission. Perhaps have a small checklist to see what status the mission is at, such as: 1) Intro cutscene, 2) Briefing, 3) Working bulk mission, 4) Outro, 5) Misc etc.

Name? Flashpoint Revival Team? FRT?

The name sounds cool to me and i ll doubt you find a suiting name with v3l hehe.

Ok i ll see when you add me then.

We can discuss further over MSN

Why not get a free forum from hyperboards?

The theme's idea is good, aslong as we're not all working on the same kind of mission tounge_o.gif

As for addons, things like the Marine Assualt Pack, that EC island (cant remember the name), EC Sub, zombie pack + skeleton addon etc.

I think we should try to avoid huge packs, its not good for people with 56k (I know the Marine Assualt Pack is huge but it rules crazy_o.gif), I only download a few of the larger downloads one weekend every month, im going for tonal this time.

Edit: Hyperboards arent letting anyone sign up right now sad_o.gif

Guys, I love to contribute to this whole operation. As I do lots of scripting I am offering my services for that. If you don't know what I can contribute read <span style='color:blue'>this thread</span>

So, if you guys need a help with COOP, PvP or SP scripts, or have scripting ideas, don't hesitate to contact me.

Also, Shrike (owner of ZEUS servers) has offered this initiative all the logitical backup (forum, bandwith, etc.) so this does not need to be very complicated. Personally, I would like to get this initiative close to a MP server as this provides people immediately a place to get on-line and play the missions (e.g., on ZEUS resistance or add-on servers). ZEUS has OFPwatch running so that eliminates many add- on troubles. How do you guys feel about that?

Greetz, Pimmelorus

Oh yeah, for COOPS I already have a piece of template that contains the weapon loadout dialog (so the squad leader does not have to choose the weapons for all teammembers in the brifing section) and the Kegetys spectator script. Maybe something to add to all MP (COOP) missions.

PS. I do not like the Flashpoint Revival Team name; are we singlehandedly reviving OFP? Is OFP dead? I was more thinking of OFP Mission Collective (OMC).

If anyone needs cutscene help i can help out a fair bit with it , i can use the camera.sqs quite well biggrin_o.gif

Btw why are we keep on discussing addon and mission pack issues? Is it necessary for a mission to be a part of some big pack? Cant there be randomly made missions too with various scenarios ?

PS. I do not like the Flashpoint Revival Team name; are we singlehandedly reviving OFP? Is OFP dead? I was more thinking of OFP Mission Collective (OMC).

Or something like ''advanced mission headquarters'' biggrin_o.gif (Just bringing up some ideas)