Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Flashpoint revival missions and campaigns

Sounds great I am waiting for instructions, but I want to suggest that we put least an amphibious landing in the pack using the addons I mentioned before.

By the way don't get distracted on how long I've been on the forum I got the game since the release in 2001, but since a year I've got more interested in the game and look for things online.

Quote[/b] ]This way we will get the cohesion we need to work as a team. Not just mission 1 made by blablabla, but mission one by the "fillinteamname".

Exactly what i had said before wink_o.gif

Do we need a new forum for discussing this or wil here be fine ? I guess here is fine i cant be arsed to register at another forum.

So far make a list as to whos in the team:

Me , JAP , Ex-ronin ... who else was there in the last topic sorry i forgot the names tounge_o.gif

Sounds great I am waiting for instructions, but I want to suggest that we put least an amphibious landing in the pack using the addons I mentioned before.

By the way don't get distracted on how long I've been on the forum I got the game since the release in 2001, but since a year I've got more interested in the game and look for things online.

I think nobody will ever judge somebody's mission editing skills by their postcount .... rock.gif

I got another idea for more missions with addons.

It s nothing do do with a team but more with a forum mission contest.

Here s the deal :

Each month there will be 3 mission ideas put up. All addons to use will be given and objectives will be given. All of these missions will spark from the mission discussion topic.

Mission makers will get 1 month to complete the mission and must stick to the given addons to use etc ... they can however deviate from the general storyline if they want as long as the general objectives stay the same.

That way we can get a load of new missions too every month and it will be missions people will want to play since the idea's came from a topic where everybody can contribute their desire.

You could give prizes too : custom usertitles, +20.000 postcount, raise in warninglevel ( or how do you call that thing ), free beta's of ofp 2, i mean, you name it. hehe, jk, but the idea is kinda nice too ... esp. for people not really interested in joining the mission team. We could have 2 categories too, SP and MP.

Cheers

This idea sounds nice to me I like to join the team, who else? smile_o.gif Maybe every member should complete one mission a month?

JAP, I realise that you want to build your MP missions around a central theme/campaign/story, is that correct?

Ironsight, I guess you joined 5 posts ago tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe every member should complete one mission a month?

Thats the point no one person does ONE mission everyone chips in , cause if thats the case then building a whole team is unnecssary

Ironsight, I guess you joined 5 posts ago  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

You're right I just wanted to confirm it biggrin_o.gif

Thats the point no one person does ONE mission everyone chips in , cause if thats the case then building a whole team is unnecssary

I know what you mean, I just ment that somebody comes up with the idea and does the most on the mission and the rest advises and help out to complete it.

But the mission is work of the team wink_o.gif

I truly like your ideas, but have absolutely none experience in mission editing. If there's any way, I'm glad to be of any help. For now, I'll just follow the thread... wink_o.gif

JAP, I realise that you want to build your MP missions around a central theme/campaign/story, is that correct?

Ironsight, I guess you joined 5 posts ago  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Correct.

I launched the idea of a small MP minicampaign a few weeks ago but got no real feedback on it.

The idea was to make a campaign or at least missions that follow up a storyline cause it s mp around a small anti terrorist squad on Gaia.

The general storyline would be that russian funded rebels would try to make the western focused ( excuse my bad english ) government fall by several attacks on government and industrial targets.

Mission 1 :

Harborcustoms stumbled across some containers filled with weapons and explosives in the port of Gaia.  After investigating the ship these containers were loaded off from was underway harbor customs and local police got into a serious firefight with terrorists on board of the ship.  Now an hour later we have got several officers down and the terrorists are hiding out in 3 buildings of the port. They have hostages and there are also several wounded policemen scattered around the port.  You re mission is to free the hostages, take the terrorists down and try to evacuate or heal the injured policemen.

That was about the general idea for mission 1.

Mission 2 would involve avoiding the terrorists to - and this part i wasnt out yet - either saboutage ( blowup ) or either release some toxins ( yep, AA inspired tounge_o.gif ) into the main water installation of Gaia.

The campaign would then evolve more and more to finding out where the terrorists would operate from and the last mission would be to takeout their HQ.

I think its a nice campaign idea.

What do you think ....

Cheers

/edit

Btw, here s a link to that topic

Gotto stop for today, tomorow I will come up with my first mission idea's. Same place tomorow?

See ya

Feel free to use any of my upcoming missions (or already completed ones) in the packs smile_o.gif

Feel free to use any of my upcoming missions (or already completed ones) in the packs  smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif

I like your missions and intro's alot winters ...

Anyway, this was the lowres banner i already made for Mission 1 of the co op minicampaign.

At that time i wanted to use COC_divers

CTU-coop1-harbor-banner.jpg

Cheers

How about your MP campaign is the prequel to a SP campaign featuring full warfare on gaia?

SP campagin could feature Russian addons fighting West addons on Gaia.

Downside is that very powerful PCs would be required for this.

How about your MP campaign is the prequel to a SP campaign featuring full warfare on gaia?

SP campagin could feature Russian addons fighting West addons on Gaia.

Downside is that very powerful PCs would be required for this.

I noticed ....

I already was well underway with mission 1.  

Had most of the units in and also some cool cars that were wired by the terrorists to blow up ... was cool, all cars on parkinglot south of harbor and you passing the wrong one .... boooooooom  ghostface.gif  ( i m evil )

But with all the units on it lagged quite a bit so it went into the trashcan, that and the lack of response to the topic ...  sad_o.gif

BTW, offtopic, what happened to Maj. Fubar, havent seen him in a while ... i kinda miss the big man   smile_o.gif

But it would be cool to have the SP following up on the MP, eliminating the terrorists pissed russia off .... now prepare for a fullscale war smile_o.gif

Here are 2 pics when mission 1 was still alive ...

Here you see it ...

Now you dont ...

Was a timed carbomb triggered by movement ... smile_o.gif

There were a few of them all over the harbor.

Sounds great guys, I will try and chip in with a few missions if I get the time.

RED

I'd like to help out, I've got to much free time right now (quitting work to join the Army was the best idea I ever had! tounge_o.gif ) I got loads of idea's and like everyone else have a few half made missions lying around. I've got some old missions that I finished that use a quite a few different addons, I dont mind 'upgrading' them now I know a few more tricks smile_o.gif

Must say this is a great initiative smile_o.gif

Now is it really that smart to rel. it in packs? What aobut setting up a website where missions are put up after they've gone through QA? No need to wait x-weeks between the packs.

And what do you think about this idea... Those who aren't good mission makers, can take old missions using obolete addons (eg. old nam addons pre. the Nam Pack) and remake them using new? I don't see myself as capable of making good missions, only made one. But I have remade some missions to use newer addons with permission from the author. Of course the missions are not a "5-star" mission, more like "2-3 star". But they are fully playable and functional. And it's simple fun biggrin_o.gif

Tell you what i do Ex Ronin.

If this takes off.

I ll make that co op campaign, maybe on another island less laggy then Gaia, i love Gaia, but it is big and CPU demanding sad_o.gif

Maybe Sarugao ... i love that island too, maybe it s one of the best islands in my opinion next to Gaia. But it s less laggy

What i m also planning is a mini co op campaign on Cat central afghan island, whatever anyone says, i still think even though it s beta that this is THE best desert island around ! I just love the textures and gives a really really good atmosphere. Taking CAT will also enable to use some great desert units in the works ...

The mission i m working on now, desert ambush is located on CAT and it s a nice tense atmosphere.

But i need some help with those then ... not gonna manage all on my own, but that s not really the point of what we are trying to achive here smile_o.gif

Cheers

You know, I was just thinking, perhaps its better if we only have a loose association with any kind of storyline, say, "war on the CWC islands", then you can think of small stories that could have happened in that war and make a bunch of missions on that.

Now, since we are going to be producing diverse missions, we should have several little themes that are going to fit in with each mission, such as "desert combat in afghanistan", "war on Tonal", "invasion of whatever", that kind of thing.

What do you say?

You know, I was just thinking, perhaps its better if we only have a loose association with any kind of storyline, say, "war on the CWC islands", then you can think of small stories that could have happened in that war and make a bunch of missions on that.

Now, since we are going to be producing diverse missions, we should have several little themes that are going to fit in with each mission, such as "desert combat in afghanistan", "war on Tonal", "invasion of whatever", that kind of thing.

What do you say?

How about a few people working on different ones... rock.gif

Can we include my "World War Crisis" campaign when it's done?

This is a near total (95% at least) conversion of the CWC campaign that i am using addons from throughout the WW2 addon community to make. It will feature some new missions by me (to keep the story intact) and "period" music.

It's just waiting on a C47 Skytrain to get finished.

I like the idea of having a theme for the packs.

Like one month the theme can be "Invasion!"

The next it could be "Commando!"

And the next "Coalition!" and so on...

For the collective good:

My strengths: I can write my own basic scripts, or modify existing ones, I can write authentic briefings (Opords, Warnords, FRAGOs, etc.) and create realistic missions.

Weaknesses: I still have trouble getting objectives to check off right, I can't make a cutscene to save my life, I'm not good with overly complex missions.

Anyway, I've got a bunch of missions sitting on my hard drive in some stage of completion. These are the ones I can remember off the top of my head:

1. Tonal SP - A platoon from the 101st air assault onto Tonal airport. Maybe 50% completed. The helicopters land on the airfield where they're supposed to, the US forces attack where they're supposed to, but there are no objectives, no briefing, no mission ending, etc. Uses BAS UH-60Ls, Rangers (with 101st unit patches) and Tonal/Tango pack.

2. Tonal SP - You are the gunner on a government Mi24, on patrol in Tonali 1. The city is the last redoubt of government forces and is about to fall. Go on patrol and try to ease the pressure. Really simple, but a lot of fun. No briefing, mission end (yet) or objectives (yet). Uses Tonal/Tango pack.

3. Tonal SP - you are a chef du section in the 2e REP. Your platoon conducts a paradrop onto Tonali 1 as part of a larger unit. Your section assaults an outpost and while the rest of the platoon secures the battalion's flank, you squad goes out on an ambush patrol. No mission briefing, no mission end. Requires Remo's OFRP Legionnaires and Tonal/Tango pack

4. Spearhead 44 MP - 2-24 MP fight on Hell's Circus' excellent MP island Spearhead 44. Was originally intended to be rleased with Earl/Suchey's Marines, but I kind of lost interest as so many people complained about the island, which I thought was unjustified. I think it's all set to go, but could probably use some testing just to be sure. Requires the USMC/MOREPH soldiers, AKM's vehicles, Spearhead44 island.

5. Nogova SP - You're a policeman and the Russians attack. You must escape the city, free some prisoners and meet up with the resistance. 100% completed, but could probably use some updating (as I said - I suck at cutscenes). Needs AKM's vehicles.

You guys could also consider making missions that would integrate in the original CWC campaign. Hold the original storyline which made this game great, but let it show from different points of view.

In other words, follow the original campaign in a grunt other than Armstrong

Just a suggestion...

Just looking at some of my half-assed missions. Found one where your chopper gets shot down (replaced BIS UH-60 with HH-60G Pavehawk by ExtracTioN?) and you either have to get to a radio and call in extraction or find a repair truck, fix the chopper and fly to safety. Both are quite hard, all the support vehicals in the area are in a very heavily guarded area and you need to move to a safer area if you find a radio (loads-o-loons on the island).

I did use some crappy SAS addon but im now using the Marine Assault pack wink_o.gif I'll add a few more things aswell, just playing around now.

Oh and its on Malden btw... rock.gif