Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Ofp combat photography 2. no pics over 100kb

NZDF Soldiers inbound in a US MH-60G

FLASHPOINTBETA%202004-03-14%2019-37-33-62.JPG

The new Ardennes island... Nice!

FLASHPOINTBETA%202004-03-15%2016-31-21-25.JPG

Ah well, there goes our CAS sad_o.gif AH-60 DAP goes down...

FLASHPOINTBETA%202004-03-14%2019-53-10-07.JPG

Can I ask you guys a question? (Particularly Parvus, Acecombat, ThirtyG and Mr. Burns)

How long, on average, do you reckon it takes for you to complete a shot? How long in the mission editor, and how long in your photo editor?

Just curious - your shots are so incredible.

Can I ask you guys a question? (Particularly Parvus, Acecombat, ThirtyG and Mr. Burns)

How long, on average, do you reckon it takes for you to complete a shot? How long in the mission editor, and how long in your photo editor?

Umm, really depends anywhere from 5 minutes to 90 minutes, generally speaking i run around in editor more with a camera than a gun, just taking pictures of stuff (trees, dirt, grass whatever tounge_o.gif ) wink_o.gif I suppose i'm a crazy OFP cameraman biggrin_o.gif

Things like the F111 pictures might have taken 1 minute to setup, 10 minutes to take, then 1 minute each in photochopper - 20 minutes.

Something like this http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0fx/160304/2.jpg took about 60 minutes to source the location, script it and take the shots, 5 minute editing, something like the deltas/pavehawk set and deltas/ littlebird in the city set maybe 90 minutes each.

Something like this http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl0fcx/160304/7.jpg

10 minutes all up, probably 5 minutes editing the pictures rest setting it up and taking it

The longest i ever spent scripting was on the MTLB with russian naval set (but it don't really count i suppose as it was for a cutscene). That was a week long project tuning it to how i wanted.

Longest i spent editing a photo was the shot of the MTLB wreck infront of Mt Nogova, that took ages cause it is actually 5 different pictures all put together into one, then all the texturing effects i applied, maybe 3 hrs? crazy_o.gif

Lol... here are some wildly different images I've taken tonight. Thought I would try different styles and some editing in PS just to see what I could come up with. Now I'm so tired I can't tell the difference 'tween a rabbit and a Blackhawk...  tounge_o.gif

But anyways, are they any good? Or should I stick to unedited ones? Or whatever...now I'm off to bed befozzzzzzzzzzzz

convoy1.jpg

view1.jpg

art1.jpg

stonewall1.jpg

stonewall2.jpg

woods1.jpg

sunset_on_ski-doo.jpg

skidoo.jpg

antitank1.jpg

leo1.jpg

At last, just a couple of funny screens with the amazon skinpack:

At least, blondes make nice cover

cover.jpg

crosshair1.jpg

Goodnight...or damn...almost morning... rock.gif

Preparing to defense.

csla2_defense_640.jpg

csla2_defense0_640.jpg

Anti-tank canon BS-3

csla2_bs3_640.jpg

Sniper at evening.

csla2_sniper_640.jpg

Click on image to enlarge it (1280x1024)

Not combat pics. Took these while looking for some places to shoot some pics... and i found one  smile_o.gif

veiwdistance 5000

scenary1.jpg

scenary2.jpg

How long, ....

Good Question  smile_o.gif - for my part: It takes more time to make screenies than gaming - its the same creativity like a moviemaker has to become while making his movie(szenario/addons=stars biggrin_o.gif /light ...etc.)

BI_Misc_Cross.jpg

Title: In God we trust! (actually to the M. Brooks Movie)

while beeing a *perfectionist* i always try over and over to get the best position/twillight/AI-face-mimik ... round about 3-4h - means 12-15 pics to get 1 ready

=>worst case: the other photgrapher makes *your* pic (3-4h!) and post them before yours - and its nicer then yours - e.g. *Pavehawk* release -

(like to girlfriends on the same party with the same clothes  smile_o.gif .. its doesnt work! )

really a good question... it´s most likely how thirtyg explained it. photoshootings can take from 15 - 120 minutes.

if i take a good shot during normal gameplay it just takes me a few minutes to edit/upload/post it (exception being complex edited pics).

when i build missions (no photoshoot intended) and after some time i get fed up with unit placing i write <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "camera.sqs" in someones initline instead.

the desire that parvus feels, to take a really good picture, forces me too to take several shots from different angles- and that´s when time starts flying... crazy_o.gif

@parvus: 2 GF on the same party do work ! it´s only the 2 girls disliking the situation..noone else cares whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have tried to make some more impressive screens with this fast-as-hell plane, so there are they:

This is our last undemaged plane on Nogova and we have to stop the convoy of Scud lunchers since they destroy our motherland...

jnn_migfight_1.jpg

Yes, the first is destroyed!

jnn_migfight_2.jpg

But there are more of them....

jnn_migfight_3.jpg

Mayby too much of them...

jnn_migfight_4.jpg

Last rocket...

jnn_migfight_5.jpg

So there is only one chance -

jnn_migfight_6.jpg

- how stop them all at once...

jnn_migfight_7.jpg

done...

jnn_migfight_8.jpg

Pics only croped a sharpened - no edit :-)

OMG ....

I love that MIG !!!

Jennik any chance you ll release this addon with the previous one you posted without any country marks on it ?

Would be perfect for a rogue state plane.

This plane is absolutely amazing me, very very nice texturing work !

Keep up the good work !

And the pics are great too !  He has alot of love for his country  wink_o.gif ... ofcourse he also coulda haved lined it up with the bridge and eject last second.

Cheers

Thanks!

This lovely FDF stuff will be realeased with new CSLA update in some versions (with possibility to change the signs)

But the release date is unknown today, sorry (but soon as possible)...

btw i didnt mean it as the torture! I love to fly in OFP and make some good screens via camera sript...

the desire that parvus feels, to take a really good picture, forces me too to take several shots from different angles- and that´s when time starts flying... crazy_o.gif

Know that feeling... looks below/looks at watch... crazy_o.gif

EDIT, board wouldn't post them in this one...strange. anyway they are on the next page

All taken @5000 VD from 7am until 5:10pm

Especially for tigershark, i know how u love your littlebirds tounge_o.gif

2.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

3.jpg

22.jpg

6.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

7.jpg