Sign in to follow this  
Evil Weasel

Carrier!

Two major bugs with it (I know its still a beta). 1.) Take off is very hard without any form of script to aid you. 2.) The front section dissapears at different angles.

Aside from the missing textures and areas you can go through (including the helicopter that comes with it) it's not too bad. Certainly good enough to make some interesting missions with Su-25's and Su-27 Flankers as well as Suchey's Russian Marines. Hmmm I might have to include this addon in some of the Russian missions I've been working on. I can't wait to see this ship finished. Even if wont' be able to walk inside it, it would still be very cool to me just to serve as a launch and recovery platform/base for Russian missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice model, I can't wait for a final/improved beta. The detail is quite something. And I really hope the KA-27 in here will be included as a flyable aircraft!

One big problem I've found is that I can't get the AI to take off when using it on other maps besides the default desert map. I've tried many different positions and areas and the Ai pilot just sits there with the engines revved up but doesn't move. Very frustrating. sad_o.gif I also tried different setpos commands and different aircraft. (sigh). Ah well at least the player can take off and at least the AI piloted helicopters take off ok.

By the way for those of you who have tried using AI pilots, it requires that you use a empty aircraft and a trigger with:

pilot1 moveindriver plane1;

Where pilot1 is the name for the pilot and plane1 the name for the plane. Use a delay about about 1 second on the trigger if the pilot keeps putting the gear up.

Then you have to experiment rotating the entire carrier into a position where the pilot flies down the runway and doesn't just turn off the side of the ship and drop into the water.

You need an addon that uses afterburners to work as well as the Su-25 crashes into the water even when he goes off the ramp. So they may need a little script or something to give them a little more speed perhaps. I don't know. At any rate, it's a moot point cuz on all the other maps I tried, the pilot just sits there and is stuck.

sad_o.gif

By the way I think Vit made a crude KA-27 a long time ago. I don't know if he ever fixed it up though.

It would indeed be very cool if we got a nice working KA-27.

I also can't wait for newer versions of this carrier, although I think they should have waited at least until the tower of the ship had its textures finished up. It's not good to just leave all that area white.

But I'll still start making missions with it nevertheless and I really like what I see so far.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

For those who don't know, I have already solved the fixed wing aircraft launch problem for OFP already three months ago.

The link to the forum topic for my CAT Launch scripts with demo missions is here.

The CAT launch scripts have been updated to version 2.5 and work quite well with most new OFP aircraft.

My CAT launch system has also gotten great praise from many, including a very good recommendation from Pennywise. (Co-Addon maker of the F/A-18C Pack)

There is a small part of the script I need to fix for it to be backwards compatible with older aircraft, but otherwise it works fine for most new aircraft like the F/A-18C pack and probably will work well with the Su-27 beta from BKM.

Let me know if this helps you any....

Later,

Havoc.

For those who don't know, I have already solved the fixed wing aircraft launch problem for OFP already three months ago.

The link to the forum topic for my CAT Launch scripts with demo missions is here.

The CAT launch scripts have been updated to version 2.5 and work quite well with most new OFP aircraft.

My CAT launch system has also gotten great praise from many, including a very good recommendation from Pennywise. (Co-Addon maker of the F/A-18C Pack)

There is a small part of the script I need to fix for it to be backwards compatible with older aircraft, but otherwise it works fine for most new aircraft like the F/A-18C pack and probably will work well with the Su-27 beta from BKM.

Let me know if this helps you any....

Later,

Havoc.

No doubt your CAT scripts are awesome. However because this carrier may be larger then the other carrier you made the scripts for, they may not work. In addition there is a ramp which may cause problems perhaps. I'll try experimenting with your scripts to see if I can modify them, but it would be VERY VERY cool if you could make a simple mission with this carrier with the scripts modifed and then release the mission as a template for those of us who may not be very good at modifying scripts.

I'm going to try it but I'm not sure how successful I will be at it. For me taking off is not a problem without a script. The problem is with the AI pilots. So I don't think all the directions and stuff are needed like on the CAT demo missions you made for the other carrier.

Anyways, try it out and see what I'm talking about as far as getting the AI to take off because right now, if you stick them on another map aside from the default map, they don't even move at all.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

No problem, I'll make a demo mission for this carrier to demonstrate my all-knowing and brilliant scripting skills for CAT launching.  

Bow down before me and pray that I provide salvation for your AI pilots.  Pray that I will deliver their aircraft out the watery hell that will soon enslave them...    tounge_o.gif

Okay okay, so I'm no saviour but I'll get a CAT launch demo mission to work on this Russian CVG.  crazy_o.gif

I'll host the demo mission for this Carrier on my web site where my other carrier ops stuff is and provide a link to it as soon as I can get it uploaded.  (Bandwidth issues won't be a problem.)

I figure I'll have to modify a few minor things so the aircraft will launch in the exact direction on this particular carrier and I'll possibily have to change the launch speed if you want me to use the BKM Su-27 on it, but other than that it shouldn't be a problem at all.

One small favor, if you haven't checked out the development on my aircraft combat campaign "Havoc's Fighter Campaign", please give it a look.  You can find the official forum topic to this campaign here.

The campaign web site is at http://nebula.spaceports.com/~falcon3/OFP/HFC

Due to time constraints and being a solo effort, I don't have the time to focus on campaign promotion and updating the campaign web site very often.

Later,

Havoc

Cool! Alsome addon!  wow_o.gif

When will it be finished? smile_o.gif  Can't wait for the final version  tounge_o.gif

Nice Tbilisi class Aircraft Carrier! Just what we needed! Maybe a little out of scale(too small) but will do.

And please, no CAT scripts, Russian designers would revolt in their graves! They DECIDED not to use catapults on their aircraft carriers because of the weather conditions Russian Navy usualy operates in(i.e. ~-30 °C), and that way shall be! Just use an aircraft that was designed for that AC and the trick is done - TNX god BKM released their Su27. Perfect timing we can say tounge_o.gif

I'm making a Su-33 (out of the BKM's Su-27 basic model) and if the author authorises me, you'll have the proper bird for this awesome AC in some days.

And a nice photo...

Su27_Kuznetsov.jpg

Flip

I can't seem to find it anywhere in my editor. Help anyone?

i download the addon but its all in pieces i have to put it together, is there something im not doing right? it is also a ghost ship i cant land on any part of this ship is it meant to be a static ship that you cant land on how did one of you guys get that su 27 to stay on deck i need help please anyone

i download the addon but its all in pieces i have to put it together, is there something im not doing right? it is also a ghost ship i cant land on any part of this ship is it meant to be a static ship that you cant land on how did one of you guys get that su 27 to stay on deck i need help please anyone

There is a demo mission included in the file called +.Intro its a folder. Put that in your User missions folder and run that ingame by using the load button in the mission editor. That puts the carrier on the Desert island map, in one piece with you as an Su 25 flying into land on deck. To place the Su 27 on deck without it falling through use this code in the initialisation line

Quote[/b] ]this setpos[(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 15]

The 15 changes the height above sea level and you might need to adjust this. Hope that helps you both.

can someone color the tower grey to match the rest..its really an eyesore on this really nice vessel...if it were grey it would be atleast be useable until its final version and not be so unfinished looking..spoils the look as is...lovin this baby ,great for jumping off point in helos. smile_o.gif

Nothing is as thrilling as doing a night landing with an F/A-18 when the airstrip is so tiny biggrin_o.gif .