Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.95 problems

Guest jacobaby

first of all, THANKS to the guys for the new patch, and thanks for continuing to support the addon makers.

biggrin_o.gif

Im sure a few "features" will come to light, so lets start the ball rolling.

Using 1.95, I cannot connect to a dedicated server running 1.94.

I have heard that a non deddy server also has the same problem, but have not tested.

Hopefully we can look forward to a new 1.95 dedicated server version, but in the meantime I guess using the -server switch will suffice.

TJ

yup, BIS rules smile_o.gif

but: after installing 1.95b my Micro$oft Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick refuses to work sad_o.gif ill have to check to see whats happening

Not sure if this is a bug or something on my end.

I flew around on AEC (Malden, Everon and Kolgujev as one island).

I set video settings to 1280x1024, view=2000, Terrain= high.

It's the settings I usually play with except medium terrain.

Everything seemed smooth (except the mini-pauses I discussed with Suma).

I did'nt get the "out of memory?" error.

Then while flying I set terrain to "very high". Bang!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Out of reserved memory (262144 KB).

Code change required (current limit 524288 KB).

Total free 339223 KB

Free blocks 1219, Max free size 165160 KB

When I check perfromance in task manager I still got 407654 KB free and OFP used at the moment of crash 406244 KB.

Looks to me this is a memory-managment-issue in OFP as I still got plenty of RAM left.

Or do I need even more RAM?

Suma, you told me I did'nt need anymore  rock.gif   tounge_o.gif  smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

edit:

<span id='ME'><center>Shadow grabs glue and makes this a sticky</center></span>

Just for the protocol. My Crash to Desktop problem is still there. Nothing changed. I think BIS knows about it.

Just for the protocol. My Crash to Desktop problem is still there. Nothing changed. I think BIS knows about it.

The "out of memory?" message?

And still no horns on MP games ?

Marek remember, you promised that last summer when we visited you wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Looks to me this is a memory-managment-issue in OFP as I still got plenty of RAM left.

Yes, it really looks like OFP memory management issue. The problem in this case is OFP is trying to make very big allocation (256MB) in one big chunk. My guess is this is probably the memory needed for the detailed terrain data for the AEC island. This is something that cannot be fixed easily.

Terrain and memory management will be reworked completely for OFP2, therefore this problem will be no longer there. Until then, I am afraid you need to lower your settings when using AEC island.

Quote[/b] ]Suma, you told me I did'nt need anymore

If I remember correctly, I did not - what I told you was adding more would not help wow_o.gif - and it really would not, as the problem is not related to the physical memory at all, it is related to the virtual address space, which is, on current 32-b architecture, limited to 2 or 3 GB per application, depending on the OS.

what I told you was adding more would not help wow_o.gif - and it really would not...

That's what I meant to say.

Thanks for claryfying. smile_o.gif

There is nothing worse than not knowing if one can improve on something or not(mem-upgrade or not in my case).

The "out of memory?" message?

Yeah it has such a message but it's not the problem you can fix with -nomap. Ok nomap fixes the crashes. Instead I get little freezes all the time. Makes it unplayable too. Only workaround I found is to disable HW T&L.

As there is no server for 1.95b yet, I renamed my old (1.94b) flashpointbeta.exe so I can start both 1.94b and 1.95b and still play on 1.94 servers.

So far, so good, but after half an hour of OFP mulitplaying gaming, I got a timeout again, just like I did with 1.91 back then. Could this be a problem due to 1.95b consisting of more than the flashpointbeta.exe file which leads to conflicts when using the 1.94 startup?

I just hope those timeouts haven't come back again with 1.95b, after those long 1.93 trials which finally allowed me to enjoy OFP mp again, when the bug was fixed.

Well, we will see, if the stuff happens again, once the 1.95b server is out and I can use the 1.95 flashpointbeta.exe to connect to servers.

I guess that wasn't related to the renaming - I just played a few hours with a renamed 1.94. The only thing that got changed was the exe, I think.

Please explain what is meant by

Multiplayer:

- Several anti-cheat measures implemented.

rock.gif

Multiplayer:

rock.gif

If you're not planning to cheat I don't think you need to know smile_o.gif

Multiplayer:

rock.gif

If you're not planning to cheat I don't think you need to know smile_o.gif

Dumb answer...

He needs to know, and me too. We don't want to know the technique, we just want to know what is affected by it. Especially i want to know if there some improved techniques against map-cheats. And i guess that's what Sicilian wants to know too.

Unfortunately their is still the bug with overloaded ammo crates and/or vehicles with weapons and ammo in it in multiplay. If they reach their capacity you cannot put things in it anymore, that's ok. But for example if you swap your LAW-Launcher for a Stinger at one of this crates and/or vehicles, then masses of weapons and ammunition comes out of the vehicle and/or crate and spread over the ground. (I guess it happens on each computer, that means if we have 12 players and 1 server, it will come out 13 weapons and 13*x magazines. It should be only 1 weapon and 1*x magazine(s) as it is in singleplay.)

Suma, plz fix this bug! It can ruin every mp-game, bcs of possible hundreds of objects (weapons+magazines) concentrated on a few square-metres. sad_o.gif

PLZ!    smile_o.gif

Yes this bug is extremely annoying. It is present since Resistance came out and has been mentioned a lot.

It is hard to recreate when playing alone on a dedicated server, but with more people connected it should be fairly easy to reproduce this.

Please fix this. It shouldn't be too hard to track down.

All our missions on the server are fixed so that this does not happen. New missions submitted that have this bug are fixed soon after if we notice this bug.

updated from 1.94 to 1.95, and now the game wont start...and I get an error that says "Cannot initialize Direct Input (Direct X 8 Required)".

But, I have the latest version of Direct X (Direct X 9b), shouldnt that work?

The "Fix" for it is to NOT overstuff the crates\vehicles with ammo.

instead of this addmagazinecargo ["magname",100] do this addmagazinecargo ["magname",20] Etc...etc...

1.95 Beta has fixed my green screen problem without having to run the -nomap command. Geforce 5600 256 MB. Thanks BIS.

How exactly do you "fix" this?

Dont put more than 999 objects(weapons, grenades, ammo, ect) into the crates if I remember right?

Well yes, sure, that is rarely the problem though. Most of the time the bug shows up when you want to load some stuff into vehicles, which have limited storage capacities.

Hmm, maybe BIS will find the reason for the bug and fix it. Otherwise I guess that the only option would be to increase the cargospace on vehicles so that you would have to stuff immense amounts of weapons and ammo in there until the bug is triggered.

We will see...

Well I have experienced no problems on the server, so there is nothing to really complain about I think.

I can stuff 5 laws, a few mags and a spare rifle in a yellow sportscar I think that's plenty of space. wink_o.gif