Sign in to follow this  
Guest jacobaby

1.95 problems

Suma, can you confirm this above mentioned ammo bug and if you will be able to provide a fix?

hey, whats the problem... there are work-arounds to prevend this bug,

its more important that cheating is impossible/difficult etc...

...have good times..

Since keypad 5 still exists I think this is a glitch, not a feature.

it should be possible to choose wether you want this behaviour or not.

Right.

Please do something about that. It's veeeery important to me, too.

Ps.: Thx for still supporting this game by patches. BIS, ur the best  wink_o.gif

1.95 Server bugs-

Seems to be utilizing more/Ram to the point of RAM being choked.

Not releasing RAM when a map is completed.

Problems with SP/MP support pack by snyper.

Doesn't seem to handle complex scripts and\or loops well anymore.

I didn't notice the ram issue (yet?), but the server load has been exceptionally high yesterday the whole evening, like 3 or 4 times higher than it was with 194 the times before.

Suma, can you confirm this above mentioned ammo bug and if you will be able to provide a fix?

hey, whats the problem... there are work-arounds to prevend this bug,

its more important that cheating is impossible/difficult etc...

...have good times..

Wrong. You can minimize the chance that it happens, yes, but you can't completely do a workaround which is proof. Reducing the capacities of crates is a good thing, but as soon you want to load weapons into vehicles cargo space, the bug can happen very sudden. A final bugfix is still very desirable to prevent abuse to ruin multiplayer games on purpose by triggering the bug, and thus creating massive desynch/lag.

Nyles means, if you put ammo and weapons in the car ingame (not in editor) you can't prevent the bug!

I've updated to 1.95.

When i go to Multiplay and start loading servers, nothing happends.  I don't get any server to choose  from and the loading-line isn't working (near Gamespy logo).

I'm behind a NAT-firewall (router) but that never was a problem.

Am i an exception, or is it just because there aren't  servers on 1.95 yet ?

1 Clan i know of, is running on 1.95 (at this moment)

Plz help me!!

Sskunk

***I've looked some further, and i also cannot start local server now.  When i select  "NEW" at multiplay, nothing happend.  I return to server-load sreen after 10 seconds of trying after pressing NEW-button. I do get message "Create Client..."  then it trows me back.

Anyone got the same???***

-----------------------------------------------------------

REPORT:

I've reinstalled OFP from 1.0 to 1.3 to 1.46

next to 1.75 to 1.91

Added BETA 1.94 & 1.95

Strange thing is i also didn't load servers @ version:  1.3 & 1.46 now.  Also the "NEW" button to create local server didn't work.

@1.75 same.

Now i can start 1.91  1.94  and 1.95.

When i use original file names, i do get to see dedicated servers by using 1.94.  @ 1.94 also the create local server works!!!

Using 1.91 or 1.95 both give the problem.

No ded.server loads in menu & jumping back while trying to create local server. (during "create client..." message)

I am behind NAT firewall on router.  I tried to set gameports 2302/UDP but i'm not experienced with that sort of thing. Ports are set in Router-setup screen, as well as for WinXP firewall.

It didn't work!!

I really like some explanation for this, and maybe an solution.

Regards

Ss   blues.gif

Still looking for answers!!

THIS DOESN'T  WORK:

1.91 originalfile:   can't  load  dedicated servers. can't start local server

1.95BETA originalfile:   can't  load  dedicated servers. can't start local server

THIS WORKS:

1.91 No Cd Exe:   can load dedicated servers and can start local server

1.94BETA:   can load dedicated servers and can start local server

(i use No Cd Exe to safe my cd's  from scratches.)

It looks like 1.95BETA Patch edited  the executables in a way i cannot load dedicated serves and cannot start local server anymore.

Also a full reinstall of OFP (without NoCD executables)  didn't fix anything.

Hoping for some answers.

Superskunk

The Netherlands

****EDIT****

I've found my solution:

I used to use ZoneAlarm but not lately. It was installed but i didn't load at startup.

Now i turn Zonealarm on and set the execuables to safe, al is working again.

I only need to press Refresh now which at first worked immediatly on MP. but i can live with tht.

Of for some more gaming...

****EDIT****

Quote[/b] ]When you try to view sideways in planes and choppers the view gets centered every time you release the button. Looking up/down is ok but not sideways.

It's allmost impossible to look around now wich is verry important in planes and choppers.

Haven't had a lot of time with 1.95 Beta yet but I did notice this and must say that I prefer the "old" style.

When I fly helicopter I usually prefer to have my view slightly downwards and 5-10 degrees to the right.

If this isn't a bug but instead a "feature" it would be great to have the "old" style as an option via a simple CFG-line or something.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Since the installation of 1.95b my ping grows from 65ms to 500ms

Also the Bandwith (600k with 1.94) brakes down to 5-15k with 1.95b installed.

We're playin on 1.95b SuSE Linux 8.2, and after i 'repatched' it to 1.94 all works fine.. ??

Since the installation of 1.95b my ping grows from 65ms to 500ms

Also the Bandwith (600k with 1.94) brakes down to 5-15k with 1.95b installed.

We're playin on 1.95b SuSE Linux 8.2, and after i 'repatched' it to 1.94 all works fine.. ??

I also did notice the bandwidth thing, but only for outgoing data from the server. I will be doing a direct compare to 194 this afternoon.

Any word of (yet) another patch or are we stuck with the lasers sad_o.gif

I must say I haven't seen any of these 'lasers' - maybe it's a glitch that only occurs with certain gfx cards/driver versions? Here's a Radeon 9600Pro w/ Catalyst 3.10 and no graphical errors.

Any word of (yet) another patch or are we stuck with the lasers  sad_o.gif

I must say I haven't seen any of these 'lasers' - maybe it's a glitch that only occurs with certain gfx cards/driver versions? Here's a Radeon 9600Pro w/ Catalyst 3.10 and no graphical errors.

So far it has only been reported with GF4sTi4x00 I think.

But it does'nt happen to everyone.

I got a GF4Ti4600 without the problem (det 52.16).

I have a gf4ti4x00 too and no problems (yet?).

Guest jacobaby

I will shortly be updating video drivers fors geforce 4600, and so will be able to deny/confirm the driver issue with the laser beams.

More worringly is this "feature", now confirmed.

If you set your squad logo via squad.xml to a non ^2 size, not only will it crash yourself if you view the players logo at the "P" screen, I think it crashes the server if another player views the squad page. Obviously this has the potential to be a game ruiner and possibly deliberate "sabotage" of games.

I can provide a sample squad.xml and logo to prove this, or you can try setting the size of the .paa to 199 x 205 pixels etc.

sad_o.gif

TJ

Quote[/b] ]So far it has only been reported with GF4sTi4x00 I think.

I have a GF2MX200 crazy_o.gif and I have the problem. (I use my old computer until I get my  new working.. sad_o.gif  )

If you set your squad logo via squad.xml to a non ^2 size, not only will it crash yourself if you view the players logo at the "P" screen, I think it crashes the server if another player views the squad page. Obviously this has the potential to be a game ruiner and possibly deliberate "sabotage" of games.

I can provide a sample squad.xml and logo to prove this, or you can try setting the size of the .paa to 199 x 205 pixels etc.

I thought about maybe installing a webproxy on the server that filters gif/jpg/paa files to prevent server crashing. But i had hoped you could only use correctly sized paa files so that i could at least allow those sad_o.gif

I didn't notice the ram issue (yet?), but the server load has been exceptionally high yesterday the whole evening, like 3 or 4 times higher than it was with 194 the times before.

After reverting to 194 and noticing the same high system load i tried the other thing i changed at that time, and that was giving the server process a higher priority, and it turned out that renicing the server caused the high load. Doh.

So far it has only been reported with GF4sTi4x00 I think.

But it does'nt happen to everyone.

I got a GF4Ti4600 without the problem (det 52.16).

gf fx 5200, no problems here.

did not test mp yet.

wink_o.gif  Having installed v1.95b but still as of yet not having played it much, I have noticed one interesting bug:

While running the "old" v1.91 executable to play multiplayer I've been having problems with the server list refreshing.  The server list hangs while trying to refresh (without the progress bar moving at all), most noticeably when leaving one server to join another.  I find that I have to go back to the main menu and then re-enter multiplayer mode to get it to resfresh.  It doesn't only happen when leaving servers though, sometimes it will not refresh at all, even right after joining MP.

I didn't have anything like this happening when playing v1.94 or playing v1.91 with 1.94 installed, so it is new to v1.95... (and I would think not something in the exe.)

I'm wondering if it might have something to do with the new "anti-cheat" functionality of the v1.95 servers/clients in the server list?

-Cos.

P.S. Tonight I'll be patient and see if I let it sit long enough if it does eventually refresh... smile_o.gif

I don't think this is related to the patch.

I am still running 1.94 and this has been happening to me also over the last day or 2.

Okay,...this one is REALLY annoying.

Situation: I have a BIS Blackhawk with a squad of Rangers in cargo (all AI, chopper and Rangers).

I have waypoint set up so the chopper moves to a spot on Tonal, and fast ropes the Rangers in.

If I am standing where I can actually SEE the Rangers rope down from the chopper, everything works fine.

BUT...If I am not within viewing distance of the fast rope waypoint...the chopper just stops, hovers there indefinitely, and does not rope in the Rangers.

NOW...If you start moving toward the location of that waypoint, you can hear the Blackhawk hovering there...and when you get close enough to see it...the script executes, and the Rangers rope down.

@Madmedic: That sounds really strange. wow_o.gif

@Cosmic Evolution: The patch only installs a new Exe, it doesn't change the original installation at all AFAIK. It works fine for me, must be something on your side.

Just like to say that I am running 1.95 and hosting MP games with my friends and it works great. Only problem is that the plane AI sometimes crash into the ground when dogfighting, but I never dogfight anyway. wink_o.gif

I think it also replaces two files in the res/bin folder. Works still fine when using 1.94 with 1.95 installed, tho.

I think it also replaces two files in the res/bin folder. Works still fine when using 1.94 with 1.95 installed, tho.

No, only the exe. I just checked the whole resistance folder and no file has been modified since 1.91.

Uhm it's not only 1.95 related but I guess I ppost it here for other people to try it out if they have similar issues.

I finally could solve my CTD problem. (I got CTD's with HW T&L activated and while driving ground vehicles)

It was something I unfortunatley never edited. It's the vehicle shadows. I turned them off and now I can play perfectly with HW T&L activated.

Okay,...this one is REALLY annoying.

Situation: I have a BIS Blackhawk with a squad of Rangers in cargo (all AI, chopper and Rangers).

I have waypoint set up so the chopper moves to a spot on Tonal, and fast ropes the Rangers in.

If I am standing where I can actually SEE the Rangers rope down from the chopper, everything works fine.

BUT...If I am not within viewing distance of the fast rope waypoint...the chopper just stops, hovers there indefinitely, and does not rope in the Rangers.

NOW...If you start moving toward the location of that waypoint, you can hear the Blackhawk hovering there...and when you get close enough to see it...the script executes, and the Rangers rope down.

AFAIK this problem existed before 1.95 too. I know TJ was once asking about it in the OFPEC IRC chat.