Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

American tanks

How about we start an M113 topic over in A&M Discussion, eh?  wink_o.gif

Edit: Or maybe a BAS Vehicle pack topic. Then we can beg for pics. biggrin_o.gif

i dunno if its just me but the lights dont seem to work. awesome tanks otherwise. ive fixed up a few BIS missions to be unfairly matched against these tanks biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Or maybe a BAS Vehicle pack topic. Then we can beg for pics.  biggrin_o.gif

Even THINK about it, and I'll ram your keyboard so far up your ass, you'll be able to type with your tonsils.

And thats a promise wink_o.gif

Edit: Or maybe a BAS Vehicle pack topic. Then we can beg for pics.  biggrin_o.gif

Even THINK about it, and I'll ram your keyboard so far up your ass, you'll be able to type with your tonsils.

And thats a promise wink_o.gif

I sense much anger in this one  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, back on topic, they look very nice, will be downloading them when I get home from work smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Even THINK about it, and I'll ram your keyboard so far up your ass, you'll be able to type with your tonsils.

Remember, you're talking to Hellfish tounge_o.gif ...

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, back on topic, they look very nice, will be downloading them when I get home from work

They are, especially when you put 12 of them in a field and 16 T-12s on the other side wow_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Even THINK about it, and I'll ram your keyboard so far up your ass, you'll be able to type with your tonsils.

Remember, you're talking to Hellfish tounge_o.gif ...

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, back on topic, they look very nice, will be downloading them when I get home from work

They are, especially when you put 12 of them in a field and 16 T-12s on the other side wow_o.gif .

just wanna correct u on a little point, dont take it rude, there is no such thing as a T12UM1, what DKM released was a T80UM2 but they mixed up the name because of a bad source.

Great add-on Sigma,I've tried it with a few BIS T80s(poor bastards),last words in a T80: "Abrams,4 o'clock" tounge_o.gif

One thing though,am I wrong but the Abrams turret is shorter in you're pack?It's ok to be like that??

Because of modders like you and many others I keep playing OFP.

Just a small off-topic question:anyone knows where to find some retextured BMP 1&2 and a Shilka??

Great add-on Sigma,I've tried it with a few BIS T80s(poor bastards),last words in a T80: "Abrams,4 o'clock" tounge_o.gif

One thing though,am I wrong but the Abrams turret is shorter in you're pack?It's ok to be like that??

Because of modders like you and many others I keep playing  OFP.

Just a small off-topic question:anyone knows where to find some retextured BMP 1&2 and a Shilka??

Try them against the old T-80's Sig released, should be a more even match. We used to host them but no anymore since RHS took them over, maybe theyu can host the old pack till the new ones come out.

@sigma6:

Sorry if i dig up an old dog, but didn't read the thread from the beginning again.

There seems to be a geo lod problem with the M1A11985nato.

from the drivers optics view (not interior) some models like trees and houses disappear when you turn the tank with the turret facing 12 o'clock.

Otherwise as stated before, it's a great pack!

thats probaly a common bug that i don't think can be fixed, i've notice that tends to happen w/ bis vehicles.

There was no comment, so maybe this time would:

for me T90/M1A2 ammo is still too strong when those tanks facing each other. BM32 probably cannot penetrate M1A2 front turret armour, M829E3 would have problem with even ~800 RHA of T90`s front turret armout too. Maybe this is a good time to think about some balance, before new tank packs Sigma-6`s armour system compatible will come...

P.S. Another thing. Ballistic of 2A46M looks better than 120 mm Rheinmetall. Both guns are comparable, there would not be any percetible difference, but there is rock.gif

These tanks are made pretty realistic since the M1A1's really are invinceble but this is not only the machine itself, but also the level on how the M1A1 crew has been trained unclesam.gif

These tanks are realistics within OFP engine limits...

These tanks are made pretty realistic since the M1A1's really are invinceble but this is not only the machine itself, but also the level on how the M1A1 crew has been trained  unclesam.gif

How do you *know* (cough) this? What tanks have the M1A1 been matched against other than subpar Iraqi T72's and obsolete T55's? Which aircraft has tried to bomb an M1A1?

Quote[/b] ]These tanks are made pretty realistic since the M1A1's really are invinceble but this is not only the machine itself, but also the level on how the M1A1 crew has been trained

BS. You don't hear much about M1A1s getting destroyed because all they've ever done is plink off old T-72s and T-55s. Just wait till Sigma sees your post, you won't even know what hit you wow_o.gif ...

Quote[/b] ]These tanks are made pretty realistic since the M1A1's really are invinceble but this is not only the machine itself, but also the level on how the M1A1 crew has been trained

BS. You don't hear much about M1A1s getting destroyed because all they've ever done is plink off old T-72s and T-55s. Just wait till Sigma sees your post, you won't even know what hit you wow_o.gif ...

That's what I said! I do agree about the Sigma part though, stick around for that... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's what I said! I do agree about the Sigma part though, stick around for that...

Yeah, I'm definitely going to keep my eye on this thread to watch out for the near-inevitable Sigma rampage tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwow_o.gifblues.gif .

Is there a way to remove effects that come with the tanks?

I mean explosions and fires. I am using GMR mod and when these tanks exlpode there is no sound and it lags because there is two fires and smoke.

Same thing with BAS Black Hawks.

That's what I said! I do agree about the Sigma part though, stick around for that... wink_o.gif

M1A1 = old technology

Any modern tank could take one on and the odd's would be fairly even.

The only advantage the M1A1 has is it's tracking system, however this is inferior to the system used in the Challenger II and Leapord

M1A1 = old technology

The only advantage the M1A1 has is it's tracking system, however this is inferior to the system used in the Challenger II and Leapord

Tell that to the Iraqis biggrin_o.gif Hahaha. Plus it's not just the tanks themselves, when an M1A1/2 goes into battle, it has a number of soldiers supporting it, Apache gunships, Bradleys and not to mention other tanks and an air bombardment that probably preceeded the attack. So if there was something more than ashes and smoldering bodies left after that, then I guess the defenders might have a .05% chance of taking one out.

Also, who cares if an M1A1 gets taken out? It's just a machine, as long as the crew makes it out, you can stick them in a new tank and you're good to go. Not to mention pretty much everytime you hear about an M1 get disabled the crew is able to escape.

M1A1 = old technology

Tell that to the Iraqis biggrin_o.gif Hahaha. Plus it's not just the tanks themselves, when an M1A1/2 goes into battle, it has a number of soldiers supporting it, Apache gunships, Bradleys and not to mention other tanks and an air bombardment that probably preceeded the attack. So if there was something more than ashes and smoldering bodies left after that, then I guess the defenders might have a .05% chance of taking one out.

Also, who cares if an M1A1 gets taken out? It's just a machine, as long as the crew makes it out, you can stick them in a new tank and you're good to go. Not to mention pretty much everytime you hear about an M1 get disabled the crew is able to escape.

Agreed the m1a1 survives in Iraq becuase of other supporting elements be it other combat units, but its also intelligence and well trained crew, and example I can give is US pilots they for arguments sake use aircraft which are slightly inferior to the newer russian aircraft but they can easily win becuase they study their tactics and are well trained.

@Cloney: "tell it to the iraqis, hahaha"? Read it again, he didn't say it was a shit tank, he said it didn't match up to modern tanks.

Would the Iraqis disagree? Why? wink_o.gif

@Cloney: "tell it to the iraqis, hahaha"? Read it again, he didn't say it was a shit tank, he said it didn't match up to modern tanks.

Would the Iraqis disagree? Why? wink_o.gif

Their "modern" tanks weren't able to even knock one out. biggrin_o.gif

Cloney, with a little better ammo than Iraqis really had (early 70`s) their fire would be more efficient. I heard about seven American M1A1`s hit by T72 (one or more times), in most cases direct hit with newer projectile than BM12 would cause real "Abramscide" (in day fight when both side see each other).