Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

American tanks

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.... DESERT Pack?? what desert pakc??? haha... this ell work too!!! thanks Sigma!! i was hoping someone would release some good West Tanks!!

Sweet tanks just one thing the main 120mm gun gets takin out with one shot from a t-72 rock.gif

aother then that this tank pack is alsome.

great job sigma

God damn can a M1A2 take out BIS t-80's in one shot?  wow_o.gif

Yep well Sigma has divised his own amour values which is really really good from my knowledge RHS, ONS and BAS are using it. Its also the same reason why you can take out BIS tanks really easy.

If the T-72 hits the gun, there's no reason why it shouldn't take it out.

Also, if you want to have a good idea what goes with what, try matching the years. Find out what version your opposing tank is, and when you want to be fighting. . .

a 1985 M1A1 is the normal match for the BIS units, though I don't recommend using them (the BIS units) personally. . . [which isn't to say these aren't abstractly matched to them]

God damn can a M1A2 take out BIS t-80's in one shot?  wow_o.gif

Yep well Sigma has divised his own amour values which is really really good from my knowledge RHS, ONS and BAS are using it. Its also the same reason why you can take out BIS tanks really easy.

Agreed i was just looking for an expert insight on this .... (sigma?) biggrin_o.gif

What hasnt the T-80 got thats making it so vulnerable?

Quote[/b] ]What hasnt the T-80 got thats making it so vulnerable?

The BIS T-80 is a T80BV. It's a T-80B (late seventies, early eighties) with 1st generation ERA, and BIS has it firing a pretty randomly selected (and kinda wimpy) AP round. . .

Now. . . you're putting it up against a 2003 M1A2 SEP firing either the M829A2 or M829E3.

No contest.

Great tanks!

The only thing that bothers me is the Abrams tanks have 11,400 rounds for the Co-ax gun.

I am pretty sure abrams tanks dont carry that many rounds, especially in one continous chain (No reload) correct me if I am wrong.

Great tanks!

The only thing that bothers me is the Abrams tanks have 11,400 rounds for the Co-ax gun.

I am pretty sure abrams tanks dont carry that many rounds, especially in one continous chain (No reload) correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, but I made these before I developed the ammo system I used in the 25mm LAV series. Again, remember that these were never intended for release.

Quote[/b] ]Sigma's armour values.

Not exactly. You'll find that the RHS T-80BV will get killed by the M1A2 SEP in exactly the same way.

What hasnt the T-80 got thats making it so vulnerable?

Sigma's armour values.

Not exactly...it´s the missing "hit points" for the T80´s gun...

Quote[/b] ]Is there a T-80 capable of fighting the M1A2?

Yeah, just sneak around behind the Abrams and pop it with a sabot in the engine! wow_o.gif

Yes. The Oplot/Yataghan, the T-84U, the T-80UK, the T-80UM1. . . (and a few others).

Also the Black Eagle, but that's only part T-80.

Quote[/b] ]Yes. The Oplot/Yataghan, the T-84U, the T-80UK, the T-80UM1. . . (and a few others).

And I can't wait for the RHS Oplot biggrin_o.gif .

Is there a T-80 capable of fighting the M1A2? biggrin_o.gif

As far as I know the M1a2 is very vulnerable from the rear... especially around the engine.

The american's are currently looking at fixing a fundemental flaw in the design of the venting around the engine, as demonstrated in iraq.

In theory any tank down to the lowly t-55 could take out the m1a2 from the rear (provided it could get close enough wink_o.gif )

Yeah that was really the main problem with Iraqi tankers during both Gulf Wars. They tried a few times doing flanking maneuvers in both wars, but both times they suffered from poor gunnery skills (missing their targets) and were almost instantly nailed by Humvee mounted TOW gunners, Bradleys, M1 tanks and/or American helicopter gunships.

I saw some video of a platoon of Iraqi T-55's that surprised a convoy of Marine infantry riding around on trucks and humvees. But even then their Humvees with TOW missiles and their Cobra gunships eliminated them within seconds and apparently none of the Iraqi tankers hit their targets.

What I'm curious about is whether or not the T-55's cannon could penetrate the side armor of an M1 or if not that perhaps the Iraqi T-62's with their larger 115mm cannon.

I'm guessing probably not, but still I can't help but wonder if that would be the case if they had high quality ammunition.

At any rate, yeah I'm sure if they surprised some M1's using reverse slope tactics, that they'd be able to take out an M1 or two with a shot to the rear as even RPG's can disable M1's with rear shots. But because of the combined arms tactics used by the US Army and Marines, helicopters almost always spot such ambushes so that US armor can maneuver to counter such threats.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the tanks Sigma.

Quote[/b] ]Again, remember that these were never intended for release.

Am I allowed to ask, do you have other little projects that were not intended for release, but could be? wink_o.gif

Also the Black Eagle, but that's only part T-80.

that was a fun battle. 4 of my M1A2s vs 8 black eagle tanks. on teh desert island goin head to head...

i cant say it was a turkey shoot but lets just say the tonal chicks put up more of a challenge then those pussys did biggrin_o.gif 1 hit to disable and kill the gunner of the black eagle. and one more to destory. i (as a commander.. switched to gunner) would take out anywhere between 3 and 7 of them myself sustaining little to no dammage. worst i ever did was i got 3 direct hits from the blackeagle tanks but with support of my fellow armord calvery i was able to defeat all 8 of the opposing tanks (7 of them myself) woulda got all 8 but one of them attempted to limp away so i had #2 shoot him again and finish him smile_o.gif

I love these tanks! They are quite nice. The engine sound though is a bit annoying as someone else said. Perhaps this is realistic, I don't know. I've been near M1's as they passed by and I remember they had that little turbine engine whine (like a jet engine sound sorta) but I don't remember them hurting my ears. But other then that these tanks are quite nice. The only thing I'd like to see developed further would be a desert version of the M60 and with a .50 cal HMG built into the commander's coupola (or whatever you call that little commander's turret) even if it didn't actually function.

Also some armored sideskirts on the later A3 models of the M60 would be nice.

Another cool feature would be to see a desert version with reactive armor panels on the M60 just like the USMC M60's used during the first Gulf War and like some of the Israeli M60 tanks (although the newest IDF M60's have a very different and much more heavily armored turret). Those are just some ideas. But overall this pack is very cool!

Thanks Sigma!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I like the NATO camo allot more then the default one. Looks nicer! smile_o.gif Great work sigma.

Yeah I am also in love with your NATO camo Sigma, any chance to see your great LAV in those colors?

BTW great tanks biggrin_o.gif

The fantastic textures on the M1 series are the product of Marfy, if you're wanting to thank anyone, thank him, he was nice enough to allow me to use his textures.

Also, this is the third M1 turbine sound I've tried. . . if anyone can recommend a good wav, (or record one) I'd be much obliged. . .

I had not intended to bugfix these at all, but I've decided there are a few things I might want to repair.

the only suggestion i can think to make. is to givem a few more high explosive rounds. 10 just wont cut it in urban operations.

i really love the SABO round. strictly armor periceing.. and assuming the poor bastered lives thru the first hit i always always always kill one of them. the black eagle is the only tank that takes more then one hit to kill and the first shot kills the gunner  biggrin_o.gif which is nice if your goin 4 on 8 against them cuz u only need to hitem once and move on to the next.. disable first.. and destroy later

How could I have missed this yesterday.

Now Ive gotta wait till tnight to be able to ty them.

Looks very promising!! smile_o.gif