Sign in to follow this  
KJAM

Dear egm

Dear Staff Members of EGM.

Having Spotted this picture around in your forums, several members of Bohemia Interactive Forums have been quite offended by seeing the above image used to advertise a Game Guide, having seen the original picture in its original form, HERE which is of Russian Honour Guards Remembering their Fallen Comrades of the past, I feel quite sickened by this lack of respect so soldiers who died for their country doing their jobs. I put it simply this way, Would You like a picture of a memorial by soldiers of your nation remembering their fallen comrades be used in such a distasteful and offensive manner, to advertise a game guide.

So I and the below members of Bohemia Interactive Forums, politely ask you to either a). Remove this image from your forums and any future publications of your magazine or b). Replace it with a more suitable and less offensive advertisement image (which I am sure there are quite a few of them around). I Realise that you perhaps didn’t create the image and also have to make money via advertising, but you should have been a bit more tasteful

I will just fill you in on the kind of people who find the advert offensive, distasteful and offensive

Bohemia Interactive Forum is a forum populated by many people from many countries some of which, in the past fought against each other, WE, the members of the forum pride ourselves on the Community that has been built, many different people from many different places communicating in a friendly way, working together to solve problems, forming real life friendships from the people they meet on the forum regardless of nation, race, creed or gender, and even banding together, wishing each other well when going through difficult situations, even wishing well in holiday seasons which their religions/personal beliefs do not include.

So the following members of Bohemia Interactive Forums Politely and Respectfully ask that you remove the offending picture, which I have previously mentioned, from your forums and future publishing’s of your magazine and replace it with something more tasteful and something more appropriate

**Members of Forum**

KJAM <dude_101uk@hotmail.com>, Civilian

Consigliere - <consigliere1982@Hotmail.com>

Currently student pilot in the RAFVR ( Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve ).

Will join a service when university degree is completed.

You have made a few grammatical and spelling errors, but overall a pretty good letter. Ran suggested that a brief but detailed 'picture' of the conditions in Chechnya be included in the letter, which I said I would help him with if he was interested. Perhaps this should be added in when it has been written.

consigliere, lol i wrote that in the reply thing, not Word lol so there are bound to be a few mistakes :P

Ran rannyboy@wanadoo.fr

French Foreign Legion (1988-1996 , achieved the rank of Sergent)

Reserve officer in the French army (with the rank of lieutenant)

French ministery of interior advisor (achieved the rank of Commandant in the French national police)

Wow ,they getting away with that? Very bad that they replaced the heroes pics with a game,not only that...those are real Russian soldiers?

I am from the US and I don't think that our govt would allow our soldiers to be in an ad like that,especially without paying,but you wouldn't be able to post pics of our soldiers like that because they are govt property

Basically defacing govt property and dunno if Russian laws are same

brat_vermont@hotmail.com

well i didnt do GCSE Media studies, and on my second Try at GCSE English for nothing biggrin_o.gif, i may not have passed english by THEIR standards, but i know what i need to know biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and future publishing’s of your magazine and replace it with something more tasteful and something more appropriate

Gollum that is what that bit is there for :P FUTURE as in unpublished meaning we want them to remove it before their magazines get to the print stage

can people who post their email and Forum name also post (in the same post, edit it if you have already posted) Your Nationality too

Quote[/b] ]and future publishing’s of your magazine and replace it with something more tasteful and something more appropriate

Gollum that is what that bit is there for :P FUTURE as in unpublished meaning we want them to remove it before their magazines get to the print stage

Whaa? Not printed? Thx, didn't know that. tounge_o.gif

Red - <graham_uk@btopenworld.com>

Hey guys. We've already got a topic about this. I'm sympathetic to the cause, and I think what you're doing is right, but it can be done in the other topic.

However, I'd strongly suggest that you create a petition at petitiononline.com and tell everyone here (and at other forums) to sign it as well. This way there will be one centralized place where people from all over the net can sign this thing and show their support.