Sign in to follow this  
Doc. Zaius

Absolutely tasteless

i'll do it later, i have to go to bed now, but bn880 feel free to copy it and edit it and correct the urls if you do so wish,

Really disgusting advertisements , when you know the real meaning of the original picture (thanks to Doc. Zaius for pointing this) , very sad world ...

I wouldn't have said that this was a movement signed by members of the BIS forums, as I'm telling other forums about this and they don't necessarily belong to our community here. I also would have like to seen a provision for an apology as opposed to simply not printing the image.

Signed,

f**king outrageous that they have the gall to pull a stunt like that. Similar to defacing graves and so on.

I know I wont be buying EGM ever... nor will my mates

Signed.

I'm generally not too sensitive about such things, but they're really pushing the envelope on this one. Utterly bad taste.

So wait a second, I wanted to create a properly written petition for this from what KJAM wrote up, but where exactly is our reference that this IS printed for real? EDIT: Ok this is good enough http://boards.1up.com/zd....id=3937

lets see now

Anyone have hte source image un edited by the gun network? So that it can be hosted somewhere we know won't go down?

Okay, HERE is the shortened and corrected petition. Please sign this again! I think this will get a much better response with a couple less grammatical errors and links that still work. tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif We'll see.

Signed it, might want to forward it to EGMs guys once we get more signatures. Also, spread it around the web to get more signatures.

I added a post at Elecplay.com about this.

I think EGM and Sony should appologise. Sony because the publisher of a game is responsible for any promotion done in print and broadcast medias. The provided EGM with files to be used and would have a say in the publishing of the article as well.

Well I was debating weather to get a Ps2 or an Xbox, but it looks like Bill Gates is going to get my money.

I'll sign the petition in a minute, and post at the IGDA webpage too.

I posted this over at the nationstates forums. Well in the hundreds of people will view it. Hopefully a good precentage will sign.

Signed again, and saw this on the EGM forums, posted by what I assume is someone working on the magazine:

Quote[/b] ]As Demian explained, the people who obtained and altered the image were not aware of it's original context. We regret the oversight. Expect a printed apology in the issue after next (as the March issue has already gone to the printer).
-ShawnElliott

Well this is good. smile_o.gif

Whether they knew the original content or not, it is good they will write an apology. smile_o.gif

Cheers

Signed again, and saw this on the EGM forums, posted by what I assume is someone working on the magazine:
Quote[/b] ]As Demian explained, the people who obtained and altered the image were not aware of it's original context. We regret the oversight. Expect a printed apology in the issue after next (as the March issue has already gone to the printer).
-ShawnElliott

How could they not understand the origional context? The Graphic designer who altered the photo had to of seen the origional. The marketing exec who arrainges these things had to seem the photo. Everyone involved probebly saw the origional photo. Everyone should still sign the petition until the printed appology is printed. I don't want these turd suckers to get away with this and let it blow over.

Like I said, it dosen't take a rocket scientist to figure out what those picture frames held before they were photoshopped