Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

OVERTURNED BUS IS NEARLY DONE!!!!

Thanks to Leone and Oyman, the zombie mod "overturned bus" model is nearly complete!!!

Tell me chaps, do you want a wee sneak preview?....

It IS the BIS bus rotated 90 degrees, but how many overturned buses have you seen balancing on one wheel... ? biggrin_o.gif

I like it and I'm sure you lot will too. I hope!

Download from

www.freewebs.com/tunstals/zombie mod bus.rar

YES I KNOW the connection is slow as sh!t - webmasters, please feel free to upload rar file to your servers. Thank you.

Thank you very much Doob! Much appreciated.

The work left to do with the bus is:

* apply broken window textures (easy.)

* change the mass (the bus cannot be overturned as is, with an M1A1! lol)

* Create a version which is smouldering (easiest way to do that, of course, is to "CreateVehicle" a Fire underneath the wreck.)

Apart from that, the bus is complete!

Okay im changing this one, they attack only 1 dude until he is dead and then they go to the next one.

But i wonder if you can have them attack whatever they see is closest whatever it is a player or not?

With the new zombie pack (BETA 2), they evaluate who is closest every 5 seconds and attack them.

You must be using an older version biggrin_o.gif

And Te, yes, I will be making wrecked cars biggrin_o.gif

no on my zombie map thay are not attacking me. well sometimes and later in the mission they will. ok an exanple:

I see a zombie. he's starting to run to eat my friend. but I'm betwen the zombie and the AI but the zombie just run past me. wierd tounge_o.gif . ( lyckeloy for my bfriend I kill the zombie with my Magnum 44. killing a zombie in 3 (!) shots not 6)

no on my zombie map thay are not attacking me. well sometimes and later in the mission they will. ok an exanple:

I see a zombie. he's starting to run to eat my friend. but I'm betwen the zombie and the AI but the zombie just run past me. wierd tounge_o.gif . ( lyckely for  my bfriend I kill the zombie with my Magnum 44. killing a zombie in 3 (!) shots not 6)

yeah a funny thing to... crazy_o.gif

the zombies on the whole island runs to me and my group and wants to eat us tounge_o.gif and i mean the whole island, i meet like the millions of zombies attacking me or something but the good thing is that you don't get bored to easy biggrin_o.gif

and i need to add some more weapons around the island to and try making some sort of Lab where the out break would have started and stuff. yes im trying to add a story and objectives other than stay alive and get to evac zone by aircraft.

You can program custom AI by doing the following:

1) Set gblAllTargets to [] - this turns off the auto targetting.

2) Iterate through the gblZombieList array:

for each zombie in gblZombieList

exec my custom zombie move routine

end for

So if the zombie targetting doesn't suit, you can always program your own.

yeah a funny thing to... crazy_o.gif

the zombies on the whole island runs to me and my group and wants to eat us  tounge_o.gif  and i mean the whole island, i meet like the millions of zombies attacking me or something but the good thing is that you don't get bored to easy  biggrin_o.gif

and i need to add some more weapons around the island to and try making some sort of Lab where the out break would have started and stuff. yes im trying to add a story and objectives other than stay alive and get to evac zone by aircraft.

ideally, the zombies should drift around the map, eating whatever living creature they see, only giving up when they can't catch their prey, but when you only have 64 groups x 12 per group (768 zombies max) you just can't fill the larger islands.

Besides, the zombies running after you, and knowing where you are keeps the adrenalin pumping!!! Many's a time when I've been surprised by a zombie hoard running behind me!

Okay i had a another encounter with the zombies in my patched version of mission but i haven't written any a.i code myself but hehe i can agree with the adrenaline rush! biggrin_o.gif

Me and a friend played the mission 4 times to complete it, tounge_o.gif

thats pretty unusal for us, hehe damn today i learnt that Zombies can sit ontop of a chopper and kill you that way ghostface.gif and they can also make my friend shit his pants so much when he tried to fly the Dc-3 aircraft out from the airfield filled with zombies on the ground that he managed to crash the plane into the beach seaside instead of taking off biggrin_o.gif i got a good recomendation for a small island here

OFP.Info versus2 or Ghie island v2 also known as

the island is great for small missions or just for some good urban places, with the right amount of fog and darkness you can get really nervous when running around in one of the small forests when a bunch of zombies comes running @ ya smile_o.gif

Good island - I might be tempted to use it in a mission or zwei!

Jeez..

I've got so many things to do... wrecked cars, next version of the sound pack, new models, new animations..

Anyone out there want to create missions for the zombie mod? Please!

Finally: just a wee comment.

62 downloads of the overturned bus so far on warfaregames. 400+ downloads of the UZM on atwar.net!!

I'm quite happy with that smile_o.gif

I'm actually surprised no-one did an overturned bus before! rock.gif

well im working on a coop mission right now, if you add me on msn messenger we can test it togheter but its far from finnished i think, its 3-4 mb in size due to some custom music i have added. tounge_o.gif and 3-4 mb is small in filesize to be one of my missions, biggrin_o.gif im doing the mssion on the island i posted link to on this thread smile_o.gif close to action but i need to fix objectives 100% clear and fix some more single weapons and magazines around some more places so that you won't be to much without ammo. as it is now you can find ammo crates in army bases and in down town area and at the place im calling the mansion but the mission uses alot of cool addons but i don't know if everyone likes to play mission if there are 5-8 addons needed and im planning on adding 1 or 2 more to the missions. tounge_o.gif the operation farmlands mod has made some cool objects packs and houses i think would suite nice in the mission and also a boat addon would be cool to have i think.

Heh, I don't have many skills when it comes to mission making. But I did mange to scare myself with these zombies smile_o.gif I made a small mission on skye island, where you had to get a fuel truck across the island to the airport and fuel up a bird to get to safety.

I found out that stopping to read a map can be a pants wetting experience smile_o.gif

18.00 hours gives the map just the right amount of light

and darkness to give these buggers an erie effect. Mapfacts airport control tower makes for a

good last stand to smile_o.gif

well my mission on skye is getting harder and harder to make.

so when I'm in here I can whrite a simple question:

how can I make a soldier to have full ammo when he is entering a trigger. must have that code beacuse the zombies are outnumbering us when we gets to the town.

and I have already tested<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">man1 setammo 1 but it doesent work. sad_o.gif

and there are some zombies that will be moved from an island and they will attack us. I want my team to move on efter they are dead. but I can't set a trigger with "Not Present" beacuse the zombies won't be there from the start off the mission. so I tried to set up at trigger and type on the deactivation<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">man1 domove getpos g1

Hi General,

Editing questions like yours should really be in mission editing & scripting biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I will help you cos i'm nice like that lol

Full ammo:

You could use AddMagazine to give the soldier extra ammo.

You could use AddWeapon to give the soldier the required weapons.

As for the trigger, you'd be better putting that question in the other forum I mentioned. I will be happy to answer zombie-related questions but I don't want this thread to turn into a general scripting chat smile_o.gif

Regards,

Zombie Mod

PS:

NEW ZOMBIE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD TOMORROW!!!

@general

just put:

man1 addmagazine "m16", man1 addmagazine "m16", man1 addmagazine "m16", man1 addmagazine "m16",

swap the "m16" for the ammo used and man1 for the name of ur man.

should wok fine although, i'm a little rusty.

*edit* ah sry zombie_mod, ur post wasnt there a minute ago, strange.

ok sorry. but when I was talking about my mission.

let's hope that this thred will come up to 400 replies. biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm...maybe somebody can help me. In this pack zombies are running like good spritners - this is not good for NOTLD type mission (i'm making one "type NOTLD" mission). Inside of Zombies.pbo i've found good anim's for zombies (Yomies are using it), but zombies from this mod are NOT using them. Why? What's the problem? I want to make good mission, and running zombies looks...silly (I hate running zombies - I like classical undead from Dawn Of The Dead (1978) or Night Of The Living Dead smile_o.gif ). Is there any way to force zombies for using this animations? And maybe somebody can make a instruction: "How use zombies in mission's - from beginnig to end. Zombie FAQ" wink_o.gif

PS. Anybody occured error "divided by 0" during using these zombies?

PS2. Sorry for my english biggrin_o.gif

The yomies zombies and this zombie pack aint the same pack.... sad_o.gif thats why it wont work.......

I know, but animation's from Yomies are taken from Original Zombie Mod (quote from official Yomies website: "Yomies are walking like they are supposed to, like a real zombies - i have used animations for walking, which were included (but not used) in original tracy_t addon."). This mod. So I'm curious, why zombies are running as these animations ARE present in this mod.

The reason we never used the animations in the zombie mod was because Scott didn't think the animations were good enough. The zombies just didn't look "right" IMHO.

As for fast zombies, well you can't please everyone smile_o.gif

To slow the zombies down use

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

group myzombie setspeedmode "LIMITED"

If OFP supported thousands of units at a time, slow moving zombies would be OK as you would be able to fill the islands with them. The player would not be able to dodge the zombies so easily. However, because there are only 768 units per side (12 units x 64 groups) , and a player can literally run all day from the top of the island to the bottom, compromises have to be made in order to set the difficulty level correctly.

As for the zombie FAQ, well if you want to start one in mission editing & scripting, fine biggrin_o.gif I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Hmmm...maybe somebody can help me. In this pack zombies are running like good spritners - this is not good for NOTLD type mission (i'm making one "type NOTLD" mission). Inside of Zombies.pbo i've found good anim's for zombies (Yomies are using it), but zombies from this mod are NOT using them. Why? What's the problem? I want to make good mission, and running zombies looks...silly (I hate running zombies - I like classical undead from Dawn Of The Dead (1978) or Night Of The Living Dead smile_o.gif ). Is there any way to force zombies for using this animations? And maybe somebody can make a instruction: "How use zombies in mission's - from beginnig to end. Zombie FAQ"  wink_o.gif

PS. Anybody occured error "divided by 0" during using these zombies?

PS2. Sorry for my english  biggrin_o.gif

I'll be releasing a new set of scripts this week (maybe even tonight) which fix the divide by zero error. Don't you worry! ;-)

Hmmm...so there is no way to force zombies for use these animations? Pity, I really like them  sad_o.gif  So I must make a mission with running zombies ;) Or maybe I will try to slow them down...I must think about it.

PS. I have idea: maybe addonmakers can try make some men's form Dawn Of The Dead (Peter, Roger, Steven "Flyboy") and Night Of The Living Dead (Ben, Harry Cooper, Johnny). I can cut some sounds from these movies (for example - form NOTLD: "The only way to stop them is...shot in the head" or - from DOTD: "When there will be no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth") and give them to Zombie Mod, ofc if you want them smile_o.gif I have proposition for good music for mod: Goblin - "Tenement Cellar (Dawn Of The Dead)", Goblin - "The Hunt" (Dawn Of The Dead), Roky Erickson - "Burn In Flames" (Return Of The Living Dead).

PS2. For better mood, nice quote from "Hell Of The Living Dead" (text about zombies):

Person A: "Look at these faces, they look like monsters"

Person B: "The could be drunk"

Person A: "What should we do?"

Person B: "Hmmm...they look not danger, but I think that we should run"  biggrin_o.gif