Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Ok heres the Deal, I am a gamer and thats about it, i Love OFP and Zombies. However I managed to figure out how to make this addon work, sort of.

I do however have a few questions that have been asked before I am sure

1. When I kill zombies my own western allies kill me because i killed a zombie?rock.gif? Not always but on occasion.

2. Where do I put the sounds to make them work, I give up

3. There is no 3

Ok I tried and nothing happens. I am sure I am doing it wrong and that I have no clue what you are acctually talking about.

gblAllUnits = [Player]

In comparison to the Vampire/Hellhound Addons -

GENB_hunters = thisList (used in an array to make Vampires hostile to any and all west units). When used in a trigger encompassing the entire area, with West being present to activate it.

I have a very mundane knowledge of Init lines and coding, but couldnt the same be done, with say, gblallunits = thislist?

Apparently not. smile_o.gif Tried it but didnt work.

Ok heres the Deal, I am a gamer and thats about it, i Love OFP and Zombies.  However I managed to figure out how to make this addon work, sort of.

I do however have a few questions that have been asked before I am sure

1. When I kill zombies my own western allies kill me because i killed a zombie?rock.gif? Not always but on occasion.

2. Where do I put the sounds to make them work, I give up

3. There is no 3

2. Extract the zombie mod sound pbo to your res/addons folder.

3. The readme.txt contained within the zombie sound pack explains everything, but again here's a step by step guide to using the sounds.

a) Create a unit in the mission editor. Any unit at all.

b) Make the unit PLAYER (so you can hear the words being said)

c) In the unit's initialisation string, type

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

this say "DropOver"

d) You will now hear your unit speak.

Music? That's easy. Just create a trigger, and on activation get it to play some music..

You can also use triggers to make sounds etc.

THE README

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

SOUND FX LIST FOR UNIFIED ZOMBIE MOD SOUND FX PACK 2

HUMAN SOUND FX:

SAMPLE NAME           VOICE   DESCRIPTION

================================================================================================

"DropOver"          - RHODES: "I don't want them to do tricks, I want them to drop over!

"SaluteMyAss"       - RHODES: "You want me to salute that pile of walking pus? Salute my ass!"

"Walkaround"        - RHODES: "You think he wants to walk around after he's dead?"

"PilesOfGarbage"    - RHODES: "Tomorrow we're going into that coral, and we ain't coming out

til all of those piles of garbage are wasted!"

"FieldTrip"         - RHODES: "This isn't a field trip people, this is a FUCKING WAR!!"

"DeepShit"          - RHODES: "I wanna know if you're doing something that will help us out

of that deep shit we're in"  

"BlastHim"          - STEELE: "We gotta blast him captain, he's been bit!"

"MoreAndMore"       - RADIOOP:"There's more and more of them every day"

"Quarantine"        - STEELE: "Maybe we should put him in quarantine"

"DivineIntervention"- PRIEST: Ha! This is a surprise. Are you braindead? You'll have to play it!

To make a unit in flashpoint say one of these sentences, use

<unit> say <speech>

e.g.

Player say "DropOver"

Player say "Walkaround"

ZOMBIE SOUND FX:

SAMPLE NAME         DESCRIPTION

================================================================================================

"ZombieBreathing"   Creepy breathing noise

"ZombieBreathing2"  Creepy breathing noise variant 2

"TeethSnapping"     Don't get too close to a zombie... it might bite you.

"BubAttacking"      Zombie BUB from Day of the dead attacking.

"Bub1"              Zombie Bub grunt 1.

"Bub2"              Zombie Bub grunt 2.

"Bub3"              Zombie Bub grunt 3.

"Furcoatguy1"       Fur coat guy from Day of the dead

"Furcoatguy2"       Fur coat guy from Day of the dead moan 2

"Furcoatguy3"       Fur coat guy from Day of the dead moan 3

"Furcoatguywalking1" That blonde bird from Abba singing. No actually its another zombie.

"Woman1Moan1"       Zombie Woman from day of the dead

"Woman2Moan1"       Made up zombie woman noise. (C) 2004 Scott Tunstall's girlfriend :)

"ZombieCrowd"       A crowd of zombies from Day of the dead

To make a unit in flashpoint say one of these sentences, use

<unit> say <sfx>

e.g.

myzombie say "ZombieBreathing"

myzombie say "Bub3"

GENERAL SFX:

SAMPLE NAME         DESCRIPTION

"HitMetalLong"      Loads of battering of metal! Great for when zombies attack tanks, APCs etc.

"HitMetal1"         Short flesh on metal noise.

"HitMetal2"         Short flesh on metal noise.

"GutChew"           Need I explain? Teeth chewing guts.

Pain1               A man screaming in pain.

Pain2               A man screaming in pain...

...                 3-15 here!

Pain16              Yes, there really are 16 variants of this pain noise!

Death1              A man dieing.

Death11             Yes, and there is 11 different death noises.

MUSIC:

5 new tracks for you!!! Those of you familiar with zombie movies may recognise them...

MUSIC TRACK         DESCRIPTION

"MortiViventi"      Goblin - Morti Viventi (Dawn of the dead)

"Flesheater"        Fabio Frizzi - Zombie Flesh Eaters

"SurfinDead"        ROTLD soundtrack - Surfin Dead

"Tonight"           ROTLD soundtrack - Tonight (We'll make love til we die)

"Ace"               MotorHead - Ace of Spades

Note that the above songs are the copyright of their respective owners.

However, all tracks are freely available from web pages on the net, AND not from warez sites either.

Google for 'em!!!

I would have included some tracks from the Day of the Dead soundtrack (John Harrison),

but I don't think Anchor Bay would have liked that! :-p

yep and add some missing part of it. so you can maybe can see the ribs on the left side. and nearly no skin at all would be great. wink_o.gif

yep and add some missing part of it. so you can maybe can see the ribs on the left side. and nearly no skin at all would be great. wink_o.gif

yeah, animated drool would also rule... tounge_o.gif

say, you played Doom III ? nice game if you want some hints for mission athmospere...

Animated drool?

Aw give's a break!!!! It was hard enough to add the fangs! rock.gif

Wouldn't mind adding some ribs - except I can't find a pic of a mutilated dog ANYWHERE. If you find one, let me know!

I have 1 for you just wait a min

edit*

here it is zombie_mod

enemies_cerberus.jpg

don't tell me to find a real dead dog wink_o.gif

I wondered if anybody had thought about making that coffin addon we need for all these undead? Seems like it could boost the atmosphere.

Yes, me. I'm making one right now. Don't expect there to be seats in it!

"ALL, GET IN Coffin 2' O CLOCK"

Edit: PS, why does no-one make an addon that's happy? What about a big smiley face addon, or some rabbits, or a parrot?

No, no, it's all bloody tanks and guts and gore crazy_o.gif

Edit: PS, why does no-one make an addon that's happy? What about a big smiley face addon, or some rabbits, or a parrot?

No, no, it's all bloody tanks and guts and gore  crazy_o.gif

well, maybe we can let the gun shoot little pink hearts, and if they hit u, ull automaticly hug the enemy and say, i love u! rock.gif

dit: PS, why does no-one make an addon that's happy? What about a big smiley face addon, or some rabbits, or a parrot?

badger.gif

rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Stop leading me in dammit! tounge_o.gif

dit: PS, why does no-one make an addon that's happy? What about a big smiley face addon, or some rabbits, or a parrot?

badger.gif

rock.gif

tounge_o.gif

Stop leading me in dammit! tounge_o.gif

If I make a badger .p3d for you, will you put a large advert on your website for the Zombie Mod and the undead mod?

And I mean, large!!!

Quid pro quo... tounge_o.gif

Hey Zombie_mod, i'm finnishing fml_horrorpack pack and it is dependent on your great ZombieScripts.pbo in order to work properly. Could you tell me if there is any chance of a little change in resurrection script for the other project you know wink_o.gif so it affects only living units and not zombies. Humans don't have any chance if zombies can ressurrect all the time. resurrect script could affect only the victims of the zombies and turn them to zombies biggrin_o.gif

Hi Mig, hows it going? smile_o.gif

Use the EASY game logic and the zombies won't resurrect. Otherwise put this in your own game logic:

gblIndestructibleZombies = 0; gblHumanResProbability = 1

All the zombie mod game logics do is set global variables, such as the ones above, to presets.

EDIT: Farmland horror pack?!!! YEEHA!!!

Looks like the zombies are moving in, and the humans are moving out. Good!

Hi MiG,

More horror!!....I don't fancy my chances against a zombie cow or vampire chicken LOL.

Any info on what the pack will contain?

Parker Hale

Quote[/b] ]Hi Mig, hows it going?

Use the EASY game logic and the zombies won't resurrect. Otherwise put this in your own game logic:

Code Sample  

gblIndestructibleZombies = 0; gblHumanResProbability = 1

All the zombie mod game logics do is set global variables, such as the ones above, to presets.

I'll try the 2nd way cause i want that humans resurrect after being attacked biggrin_o.gif  I'll let you know if it works the way i need  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]More horror!!....I don't fancy my chances against a zombie cow or vampire chicken LOL.

Any info on what the pack will contain?

I've been quiet for a long time and that means i might have some surprises very soon biggrin_o.gif  One of them is Fml_horrorpack. It contains, for now, some new zombie models, a priest, a scientist, horror objects and grave issues.   biggrin_o.gif