Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

i tried these, it doesnt crashes anymore, cool, but still if i enable the resurrection of killed soldiers, the game can crash if you are using ADDON soldiers.

next thing i would like to ask is, have you changet the hitpoints of zombies? it seems to me that they are now lighter to kill. You should make them much more tougher i think (by now im using that "tough" script)

there is also a problem with zombie faces, mostly the zombies have normal faces after you play the game several times, its annoying. Sometimes they have that decomposed face, sometimes normal face. The crawlers dont have any face texture.

Why is there Dr Tongue two times in the mission editor ?

Sengir

PS: check your PM

The zombie's hitpoints remain unchanged (I am sure) - 6 body shots with M16 or 1 head shot as usual.

I could make tougher zombies, but the AI soldiers never target the head, so they'd waste their bullets with body shots, and get eaten pretty fast.

I recommend NOT to use snypir's toughunit.sqs as it is a resource hog (it needs its own script) - instead, why not create your own zombie classes and modify the armour levels?

Create a text file called config.cpp and paste the following into it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

#define ZOMBIE_OVERALL_ARMOR_RATING 50

#define VERY_WEAK_ARMOR 0.2

#define TOUGH_ARMOR 128000.0

#define VERY_TOUGH_ARMOR 512000.0

#define REALISTIC_ZOMBIE_ARMOR 1024000.0

class CfgPatches

{

class Vampirs_Super_Tough_Zombies

{

units[]={MyNewZombie};

requiredversion=1.960000;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Land: AllVehicles{};

class Man: Land{};

class Civilian: Man{};

class DrTongue: Civilian {};

class MyNewZombie: DrTongue

{

scope=public;

// Change armour rating here. Higher the number the better

armor=ZOMBIE_OVERALL_ARMOR_RATING;

armorhead=VERY_WEAK_ARMOR;

armorbody=TOUGH_ARMOR;

armorhands=TOUGH_ARMOR;

armorlegs=TOUGH_ARMOR;

};

}

Put the .CPP into a directory of its own, compile the code using MAKEPBO and bung the resulting file in res/addons. Et voila. One super new zombie type.

The reason there are two doctor tongues is because of a fuckup in the earlier config.cpp; you could not createvehicle the older Doctor Tongue object. To all intents and purposes they are EXACTLY THE SAME UNIT.

This will be much of a newb question. My apologies.

Auto attacking zombies is mentioned on the first page of the topic. yet doing what is required by the readme brings nothing.

Edit: apparently this is a problem with the auto attack. Oh well. Instead then, is there a simple Init Line for the zombies to attack the player and certain Soldiers?

I know of course...Im an idiot, :P, just hard to find it in this topic amongst the code entries on how to make them tougher or faster or dead-er.

I'm having a problem

Whenever a soldier dies from a zombie, the zombie is suppose to hunch over and look as though he's eating him, right?

But now they just appear in the ground around or in the marine with their heads and shoulders above the dirt.

Looks like an army of zombified human gofers.

i seem to be having a problem after a few min the rest of ther squad targets me has anyone else bhad this problem when using the zombie addons

I'm having a problem

Whenever a soldier dies from a zombie, the zombie is suppose to hunch over and look as though he's eating him, right?

But now they just appear in the ground around or in the marine  with their heads and shoulders above the dirt.

Looks like an army of zombified human gofers.

Do you have zombieanims.pbo in your res/addons directory? Bet you don't... the unified zombie mod in the URL below is updated to include it. Just re-download.

i seem to be having a problem after a few min the rest of ther squad targets me has anyone else bhad this problem when using the zombie addons

Have you downloaded the zombie mod from

www.freewebs.com/tunstals/

in the past 3 days? If not, do so.

The zombie mod addon does not, and never has, affected any other 3rd party addon. If you are being targetted, are you an EAST soldier? The zombies are east.... the Russians might think you're firing on friendlies :o)

Got the animations, works perfectly now.

Nothing says fun like doing a bayonet charge against zombies wit the Brits, only to have them come back!

Thanks

the zombie just stand still

it doesn't notting even if you stand a front of it

and i can get it to move it

ffs, read the readme mad_o.gif

Diiiddd you read the read me?

Wow amazing screens.... I like the zombiemod... i'm currently build on a map with your zombies...

But i need some help.. My english isnt so good and i dont understand many things.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">GLOBAL VARIABLES

================

gblIndestructibleZombies = (0 or 1, 1 means "yes")

gblZombieResrWait = (0.. infinite) - real number determining how long, in seconds, an indestructible zombie should lay on the ground after being "killed", before getting up again? You can have fun with this...

gblHumanResProbability = (0 .. 1) - real number. The probability of a human coming back as a zombie from 0 to 1. Fractional values allowed. 0 means "human stays dead forever", 1 means "human always comes back as a zombie". .50 means "50/50 chance" etc etc.

gblHumanResrWait= (0..infinite) - real number determining how long (in seconds) should a human stay dead before he/she comes back as a zombie?

gblZombieDamage = real number from 0..1  (zombie damage to humans: 0 = none, .5 = half damage, 1 = 1 hit one kill )

gblHealthDrain = THIS VARIABLE IS OBSOLETE. DO NOT USE!!!

gblZombieCarDamage = real number from 0..1   (how much damage a zombie can inflict on a car, per hit. . 0 = none, 1 = 1 hit one kill .5 = 2 hits etc, .2 = 5 hits yawn yawn)

gblZombieAPCDamage = real number from 0..1   (for APCs.)

gblZombieTankDamage = real number from 0..1    (for Tanks.)

gblZombieDelPause = x (how many seconds before zombies are deleted from map when they are killed. 0 = deleted the moment they are killed again. Set to long value if you want them to never be deleted. REMEMBER: OFP has a finite limit of units & groups (12 x 64) that can be created at one time - it is recommended that zombies are deleted to reduce lag and allow other units to be created!)

Where i have to write this things in ? In a trigger or a gamelogic, script ? where ?

and i got a bug with the grawling zombie. It has no face what i can do to fix it? I like the grawling zombie and Victor Troska zombies on most.

I thank you for your answers people.  smile_o.gif

greetings 23-down

I've been going on this bloody thing for 5 hours... 5 HOURS!!! Anyways I wanted to find out whether it's my comp or whether it's the sites, every time I go into one of your sites to try and download the ZombieAnims.pbo it either says its forbidden or doesn't exist.

P.S. I bet I'm just being a total nube and the answer is right in front of my face... sad_o.gif

It's Ok... They're working now, FINALLY! thx anyway.

More to come...soon ghostface.gif

Img1

Img2

Img3

Whoa! Mig's just come along and blown my work out of the water! wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

Excellent looking models mig .. I knew I should've left it to the experts :o)

Here, there was a guy in this forum looking for a priest model, he'll be wetting himself biggrin_o.gif

Looks like this zombie mod's gonna take off folks (even if Mig's work is for his own zombie mod - keep em coming lol)

Wow amazing screens.... I like the zombiemod... i'm currently build on a map with your zombies...

But i need some help.. My english isnt so good and i dont understand many things.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">GLOBAL VARIABLES

================

gblIndestructibleZombies = (0 or 1, 1 means "yes")

gblZombieResrWait = (0.. infinite) - real number determining how long, in seconds, an indestructible zombie should lay on the ground after being "killed", before getting up again? You can have fun with this...

gblHumanResProbability = (0 .. 1) - real number. The probability of a human coming back as a zombie from 0 to 1. Fractional values allowed. 0 means "human stays dead forever", 1 means "human always comes back as a zombie". .50 means "50/50 chance" etc etc.

gblHumanResrWait= (0..infinite) - real number determining how long (in seconds) should a human stay dead before he/she comes back as a zombie?

gblZombieDamage = real number from 0..1  (zombie damage to humans: 0 = none, .5 = half damage, 1 = 1 hit one kill )

gblHealthDrain = THIS VARIABLE IS OBSOLETE. DO NOT USE!!!

gblZombieCarDamage = real number from 0..1   (how much damage a zombie can inflict on a car, per hit. . 0 = none, 1 = 1 hit one kill .5 = 2 hits etc, .2 = 5 hits yawn yawn)

gblZombieAPCDamage = real number from 0..1   (for APCs.)

gblZombieTankDamage = real number from 0..1    (for Tanks.)

gblZombieDelPause = x (how many seconds before zombies are deleted from map when they are killed. 0 = deleted the moment they are killed again. Set to long value if you want them to never be deleted. REMEMBER: OFP has a finite limit of units & groups (12 x 64) that can be created at one time - it is recommended that zombies are deleted to reduce lag and allow other units to be created!)

Where i have to write this things in ? In a trigger or a gamelogic, script ? where ?

and i got a bug with the grawling zombie. It has no face what i can do to fix it? I like the grawling zombie and Victor Troska zombies on most.

I thank you for your answers people.  smile_o.gif

greetings 23-down

These global variables are used to configure the game to your liking. Apart from gblAllTargets, you don't have to program any of them. There are preset game logics that do the hard work for you.

Just go to the map editor, press F1 (units), click and select the GAME LOGIC type from the vehicle type dropdown (you know, the combo box which has "Man, Armour, APC, Air" etc) .

When you select "GAME LOGIC" from that dropdown, you will see the following new game logic types in the unit list dropdown:

Zombie Mod - EASY GAME

Zombie Mod - Medium Game

Zombie Mod - HARD GAME.

Zombie Mod - Resurrection Daemon.

If you use any of the first 3 game logics, the zombie mod will auto-configure the difficulty levels for you. Problem solved. The Hard Game means the zombies cannot be killed - they are badass mofos hell bent on chewing your brains. DO NOT put them in with AI soldiers unless you want to see them chomped.

The 4th game logic, "Resurrection Daemon", is only for advanced programmers who wish to write their own resurrection scripts. It initialises the gblZombie2Human array (there's a post on this in the previous couple of pages). Don't you worry about it! biggrin_o.gif

I strongly suggest you download my test missions from my web page. They clarify how to use the mod.

PS:

As for the missing textures, thanks for informing me. I'll be improving the zombie graphics a LOT. I'm never satisfied with the zombies until they LOOK scary... I'm not talking doom3 cartoon zombies (lol) I am talking ogrish.com here!! (Not Safe For Work)

I thank you for your answer Zombie_mod ....

Now i will look in the previous posts..

these zombies are great especially now that they work in MP, me and a buddy walked half of everon just capping them as they come. It got farley hairy in the towns, even hairyer in the forest. And as soon as you think you were safe more came. We played that game for almost 4 hours and they were still coming! It really got fun when we started running low on ammo biggrin_o.gif

lol yea, they r great, i was playing with some UKF guys, and in the end when we were tou of ammo, we had to kill them with our bayonets crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Hey m8s, i love the zombiemod. But i have some problems: i can get the zombies "attack" me (run close to me, then they teleport into me and i die..), and even i put Hard difficulty gamelogic, they die if i shoot them =/ Anyway, very good work! Do you know if these things are compitable with FDF mod? (it kicks ass, i cant play without it anymore smile_o.gif

Hey m8s, i love the zombiemod. But i have some problems: i can get the zombies "attack" me (run close to me, then they teleport into me and i die..), and even i put Hard difficulty gamelogic, they die if i shoot them =/ Anyway, very good work! Do you know if these things are compitable with FDF mod? (it kicks ass, i cant play without it anymore smile_o.gif

they stand up after a few sec wink_o.gif

and yea they r compitable with everything AFAIK biggrin_o.gif