Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

Anyone got a new link for the pack listed on the first page?

Seach ofp.info's news for zombies...

WOW i made i cool "test" mission in 2 hours.... biggrin_o.gif Dolina is under attack by a massiv army of the dead.... (nice sounds too) tounge_o.gif

Hey guys im still waiting for Tracy_T too come online sad_o.gif i aint seen him in a while but when i do ill get stright on asking him about the new zombies.

i have 3 questions, how do you get the zombies to attack more then me. 2 how do i get them to work in multiplayer. 3 which is the latest zombie pack?

Allright, i think we are waiting long enough...

Here is the Yomies addon - http://5133p39.wz.cz - try it and let me know what you think.

I hope tracy_t has nothing against it...

Should of waited and release it on March 19th... when Dawn of the Dead movie is released in theaters.

When there's no more room in hell,

The dead will walk the earth

Ah good ol' zombies. If they weren't so hungry, i'd hug one. biggrin_o.gif

i hope all of you like the Yomies - i want to know what are you think about them, so feel free to send me bugs/sugestions/etc., next week i will have plenty of time to work on it - maybe i'll release new updated version.

btw. i have tried to add some more Zombies and soldiers into the sample mission, and i get interesting results - with 50 zombies attacking the base from the north, and 25 soldiers defending the base - how long do you think they survive? ...you dont' want to be between these two hordes :-))

you got more pics??

and a english website?  crazy_o.gif

(wooa first post after 3 accounts and months later  wink_o.gif )

To the creator of Yomies... probably be a good idea to package a demo mission -without- your personal selection of addons used. There's scant few things that peeves me than having to figure out what undocumented addons someone used when releasing their map. Now I've got to delete the references to said addons in the mission file.

Edit

Now that I've actually tried it. It's pretty impressive. The only thing is the debug messages and the occasional error message. If those were to be addressed it would be the ultimate zombie release.

you got more pics??

and a english website?  crazy_o.gif

If you click on that uk flag at the top of the page you'll get to a english site.

ok i must be a idiot because the yomies wont work in my ofp

Baphomet (and all others): Yes, i am very sorry for that, it's my first addon and i totally screwed it... i'll fix it right now.

If you want to turn off these so called 'debug messages', then set DEBUG to false (in init filed of that LOGIC unit [read the webpage]).

...and please, be patient (but send me your comments), this is not finall version, just some snapshot of what it will be.

* i am planning to add other zombie models (if tracy_t and others wont prohibit this)

* make better scripts for brain +pack them into addon (not in mission dir)

* fix lagging moans and sounds

* try to use other way of making zombies out of killed units

* add more attack animations

* make zombies quicker and smoother (get rid of that damn teleporting) when aproaching it's targets

* ...anyone has some idea?

UPDATED sample mission - check the Yomies homepage

* NO debug messages

* NO special addons required (except the 5133p39_yomies and 5133p39_yomiesSFX addons)

* fixed one typo bug (err: _weapon = Weapon...)

* removed unnecessary music_player.sqs, description.ext, and stringtable.csv

The: (err: _weapon = Weapon...) error was the only one I noticed.

Still. Excellent for a first release. Kudos both to tracy_t and you for polishing it up some. (And anyone else associated with it that I might not have been aware of).

These will be fun to play with.

ok finally my dumbself figured it out, great fun but i wish they wouldnt always come back maybe 2 or 3 times though would be ok

stlkd: why couldn't you get it to work? ...tell me, so i can simplify things or something...

btw. "zombies could be killed" has been added to my next release features list.

when i unzipped it from the zip i thought that i just had to put it in their locations i didnt know that they had to be unzipped again because i have no programs that could read it. but i figured it out so all is good now

mhm, i made some units attack in close combat with tracys script and i want to use those units in my campaign...

someone knows how to contact him? rock.gif

mhm, i made some units attack in close combat with tracys script and i want to use those units in my campaign...

someone knows how to contact him? rock.gif

try it by email... you do have his addon? (maybe you can found his address inside?)