Sign in to follow this  
ebud

New vietnam island

ok snYpir i downloaded the new version, but it still doesn't open. the same error. but thanks for the info. yea, for some weird reason it doesn't download the file to my desktop, it tries to download the file directly, and then the error message pops up.

Great job on the island, this has some real potential for all sorts of surprises.

On the river, you may want to try the blur tool in wrptool to blend out the chop in the river banks.

I paniced when I saw the high berms around the paddies (tambo's?), but fortunately the geo.lods are lower than they appear.

Thanks much.

if you DL the latest version all should be fine. 1.31 the berms are waist tall.

I have that problem as well with the grass making stuff behind it transparent... very annoying. sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I know about the alpha channel issues. It's the age old problem of the alpha channels cutting things off if they use any grey values to have smooth edges. THERE'S NO WAY TO FIX IT without making the textures either REALLY hi-res or having NO tranparency at all along the edges but they would look like the grass in the forests. I'm trying to fix this without making them ugly pac files and use 2 color alpha channels (look at the grass in the forests compared to the grass in the open areas.). I didn't intend to use this map for armor as armor was never used on Ilo island in RL, so I can live with this if I have to. At a distance, troops disappear from this which I actually like. Makes hiding in the grass seem realistic. But again, I'm trying to fix this. Damned if you do...

Ah I see... hmm... personally I'd rather see uglier textures then having stuff go invisible. I noticed it every time UH-1 Hueys would land in a field and parts of them would disappear behind the grass. It looked really wierd. So I don't think anyone's going to get too upset if you use lower quality textures. But it's your call.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

"D" Hogs are smaller, with an older engine

the Hotels were the last incarnation of the UH-1 in regular army service, larger airframe,better avionics,more powerful engine.

<----- "H" hog crewchief '80-'81 smile_o.gif

Ah I see...  hmm... personally I'd rather see uglier textures then having stuff go invisible.  I noticed it every time UH-1 Hueys would land in a field and parts of them would disappear behind the grass.  It looked really wierd.  So I don't think anyone's going to get too upset if you use lower quality textures.   But it's your call.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

either way people will complain Miles, you know that. I knew about those issues while editing and chose the lesser of 2 evils in my eyes. I play ALOT of Heli missions on this island and the much larger one I'm messing with and for me it's not a big deal as it looks great from the air. I'll still try to fix it, and I know I can surely minimize it, but in the end it may still be there to some extent.

This little island was very good looking ebud smile_o.gif Would love to see a litt mission on this island!

BTW: Do you know anything about the fix for the SEB Nam Pack that is coming out??

Yes, but it's not ready to be discussed yet smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but it's not ready to be discussed yet

Aww. tounge_o.gif I've been waiting for the next version of the Nampack for a while.

I'm trying to make a small little nice-and-easy mission for this island smile_o.gif

Noticed that you cant shoot through this house, it has invisible walls

house.jpg

hm, with which tool did you palce the objects? i use wrptool, bit the objects are not binarized! i can't place them on my map! ingame the trees are not shown as trees on the map, the map is emtpy! even the forests donot work! can someone help me out?

mfg

metal

you have to make binarized versions of them just to get wrptool going.

OK, how do you get these objects to work in a WrpTool created map?

You have to depbo the ilo pbo. It'll make a folder with all the objects and textures etc. Copy the p3ds into another folder and binarize them. Copy those back into the original depbo'd folder. So now in that folder you will have all binarized p3ds. Now put that folder into whatever main working folder you use for wrptool. Now in wrptool go to your object browser and add these p3ds.

You can also then just depbo the ilo pbo and put that folder into your bulldozer folder to open the p3ds as well.

I'm trying to make a small little nice-and-easy mission for this island smile_o.gif

Noticed that you cant shoot through this house, it has invisible walls

[ig]http://home.online.no/~jsamseth/ofp/images/house.jpg[/img]

really? from the latest release? 1.31?  

If so I'll fix that and upload a new version with a set of major changes soon.

Please remove image tags when quoting smile_o.gif

I have something for you. Can you guess what it is? No? Awww... too bad. sad_o.gif

http://aardvark.zapto.org/~black-beret/vietnam/seb_ilo_1_7.zip

Version 1.7

Read the readme. That's what it's for. smile_o.gif

Hawkins

EDIT:

I found only one bug. The new tall palms, you can shoot through them. ;) You can also walk through them. Then there's the palm that's almost exactly the same but it's not straight. Bullets go through that but you can't walk through it.

Otherwise, looks very good. smile_o.gif

Hawkins

cool  smile_o.gif  finally a good reason to repack my hiskyfolder with some new stuff, thx alot  smile_o.gif

edit:

ret-pbr.jpg

blues.gif

I had complaints about how sometimes things would disappear behind the old grass. Since it had a fuzzy, soft alpha channel, whenever other objects with fuzzy alpha channels overlapped in your field of view, things would vanish behind it.

This was the only way to fix that. If you don't like it, just depbo the old version and put that old grass back in <grassfield.p3d plus all the grass1 textures>.