Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Martins dc-3 is ready to download!

What a loss for the community. Martin's stuff, even the simple stuff like the speedboat, was all great fun. The DC-3 is one of the best fixed-wing planes, up there with the Falklands Mod Sea Harrier, enough said.

Martin if you read this, which i doubt please, please,please allow me to finish you work. Its too good to be left unfinished, even tho i know you've be sent bad emails about.

I too with the release of the ww2 fighters got lots of stupid emails from people which were offencive btw and thought about leaving, but just block them and move on.

Also this was a BETA version, that obviously means nothing to some people, they think just cause its released its a final.

Alphas and Betas are equivalent to an addon maker just pboing his latest work for testing and releasing it for others to enjoy while he continues to work on it, these people couldn't even hold their tongues till a final  mad_o.gif

O man this is the worst news ive read since lawrie....dammit man some people iam not going to disclose their names but you know who you are!!The ofp community needs to take a serious look in the mirrior it went from everyone loving addons to everyone try to look for every error possable just to bitch. well martain if you read this iam deeply sadden for your lose you were a great addon maker and you will be missed by alot of people in the OFP community.

You get offensive emails too Trenchfeet? I been lucky or just ignorant or something ( I haven't done nowhere as near as much as you have)

Don't let it get to you either Trenchfeet... you are certainly a plane god to me (your working on other stuff too now!)

You need some help on this stuff, I am email away (like u I don't dare to open msn much)

Ok ok... time for some damage control people. Personally I have mixed feelings about Martin leaving. I think the people who made a mountain out of a mole hill about Martin using MS textures are self-righteous idiots... on the other hand I think Martin, as much as I respect the man was acting very immature by deleting all his work from his hard drive because aside from one or two people, nobody had a problem with him using those textures. Only perhaps 2 people out of probably thousands of OFP players that used his addons.

So to me he acted very immature in that regard although I must say that I always found him a very generous and kind individual in the emails I exchanged with him back when he was making his UH-1's. He was a pioneer in addon making in OFP. So I'm very disappointed that he reacted this way over one or two idiots.

However... what's done is done.

The fact is that hope for a decent C-47 is now gone... or is it?

There remains a tool within the OFP community (you guys in BAS know what it is) that has been used to un-binarize the original BIS models. I'm assuming that it works for regular binarized addons as well no? If so it would be a good idea, since Martin as abandoned us, to de-PBO his DC-3 and continue work on it (with proper credit going to Martin of coarse). But the guardian/s of the sacred un-binzarizing program have to agree to it, otherwise it won't happen... and we'll just have to hope that one day somebody fixes up Mars911's old C-47 addon one of these days.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

this isnt the first time ppl have been unpleasent to him. he puts out all his work and gets mostly emgative feedback. yes we love it but aside from a handful of us not many showed it. the only things that he saw was "this sucks and that sucks and thats wrong u shouldnt do that" so when u read 50 "this sucks" comments and 3 "awesome!" comments what are you to think? he almost left last time for our lack of appreciative comments but we convinced him to stay. i think he has a right to.

if i was in his postion i woulda prolly done the same. why continue to work on stuff that ppl only bitch about? after all the shit vit gets im surprised he is still around. or perhaps he no comprendea english tounge_o.gif hehe i joke VIT is a good modler too.

PS: i hope yall like the tribute. i know blackdog will do better cuz he always could out do me tounge_o.gif but i put in 3 hours on that cuz he deserves that much

Pappy Boyington thanks for the great pic its my background now i will missed martin and his great addons thank you for your hard work and countless hours making these amazing addons...you will be missed.

I'm with Miles on this.

What kind of reaction is this? Fight imaturity with imaturity? rock.gif

Is there a game modder anywhere that hasn't received nonsensicle flak from several of the lamebrains that have internet access out there?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna delete The FAQ for all the negative emails I've received in my inbox over the last few years.

With all due respect to Miles and AL, I don't think you can call Martin's actions immature. He just got sick of the whole OFP community double standards and constant nitpicking and negativity.

SelectThis

With all due respect to Miles and AL, I don't think you can call Martin's actions immature. He just got sick of the whole OFP community double standards and constant nitpicking and negativity.

How many people said thanks and use his addons and how many griped? rock.gif

Can anyone visualize this in Excel? tounge_o.gif

in estimation theres about 5% that showed apprecation and about 70% that bitched and the last 25% just didnt bother to comment at all

face it... the OFP community took him and his addons for granted

in estimation theres about 5% that showed apprecation and about 70% that griped and the last 25% just didnt bother to comment at all

face it... the OFP community took him and his addons for granted

replaced "griped" with "bitched"

yes they are popular. but a VERY small percentile of those people ever said nice job or thank you. they just played with it and that was that. the only time someone makes an effort is when they have a problem. not many want to be botehred with saying thank you and nice job

yes they are popular. but a VERY small percentile of those people ever said nice job or thank you. they just played with it and that was that. the only time someone makes an effort is when they have a problem. not many want to be botehred with saying thank you and nice job

That s true.

But look at other addons and edited missions. Theres not alot of response to those either.

I think the best popularity meter is the photography thread nowadays.

I downloaded his DC3 and love it, as do i love his other stuff very very much. I never said anything good or bad but that s what i do with other addons too. You just wanna dl and test this thing you ve been waiting for a long time.

Maybe it s lazyness, maybe some ppl just dont care about posting. Look at me, i hardly post anything here anymore although i m here about 5-6 times on a day.

I think it s sad he left but i can understand his reaction, too much is too much and a silly thing can trigger this reaction. Calling it immature is not a very nice thing to do, it has to do with the person himself, i kinda get the idea he's a bit like me, he doesnt respond but remembers, once that limit is crossed he ll just explodes. It s just certain people's nature, not immature !

I hope you come back Martin !

Cheers

sad_o.gif

I like to comment the kid who started with the stealing from FS2004....But I dont know if it's needed or if I may do it.

SO can I comment him and say my feeling's about that guy?

Or do I just need to STFU and laydown.?

Martin's left or is leaving?  wow_o.gif

sad_o.gif That's a real, real damn shame.

He was one of the best.

I feel a big void has been left in the community because of his departure. He made brilliant addons for this community. He made them for us. Yet some failed to appreciate the work he presented, and instead, attacked it as if it were a personal insult to them that he borrowed textures from another game. Midgebuff, as far as these forums go, I am squarely looking at you. What you were conveying in this thread was not cool. I don't consider you as one of us. I consider you as one of those mindless and heartless bastards who dis absolutly everyone and everything at ofp.gamezone.cz in the news comments section.

But I don't blame you solely for his departure. I can't, but you and your type are what I would deem a contributing factor.

Mind you, I am a great fan of Martins addons, but can't help but feel that he has abandonned those of us that did truly appreciate his work........... Thus I am in internal conflict, and not too happy about it, because I know Martin didn't abandon those that did appreciate his work. But that he left to escape the assholes of the OFP world. But still, his abrupt departure makes me feel left out in the cold.

If anyone does have his personal e-mail, I would like to have it pm'd to me. I wish to send my sorrowness to him at the news of his departure, and want him to know I give and gave him gratitude within these forums, and extend to him that there will always be space on my hard drive to appreciate the work he put in for the community, and that there will always be room in the community for him, his great skills and his great effort should he ever decide to come back.

If not, then Martin, if you read this. We're gonna miss you buddy. I do hope that you we're bluffing about deleting your OFP related work, but somehow, I doubt you were.

I am sad to see you go. But mayby you'll find it somewhere to come back to the community one day.

Good luck to you Martin.

Ozanzac

If Martin was just using his emails to judge the response from the community, he should have come to the forums and he would have seen a vastly different picture.   Alot of us just assume that's what he did.  But apparently he didn't so of coarse the ones that email are mianly just going to be idiots bitching at him.  On missions I made in the past I got alot similar emails with mostly complaints, but on the OFP newsgroup I got mostly praise.   So I just think Martin made a mistake leaving as his perception of the community was highly skewed if he truly thinks that most of the community was ungrateful to him.  When his other addons came out I don't remember people complaining either except waaaaay back when he made his first UH-1 and even then most of us defended him vigorously.  

Anyways.... nobody has answered my question about de-binarizing his DC-3 so that people can retexture it and remodel it as a C-47.  

BAS team any input on this?rock.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

If Martin was just using his emails to judge the response from the community, he should have come to the forums and he would have seen a vastly different picture.   Alot of us just assume that's what he did.  But apparently he didn't so of coarse the ones that email are mianly just going to be idiots bitching at him.  On missions I made in the past I got alot similar emails with mostly complaints, but on the OFP newsgroup I got mostly praise.   So I just think Martin made a mistake leaving as his perception of the community was highly skewed if he truly thinks that most of the community was ungrateful to him.  When his other addons came out I don't remember people complaining either except waaaaay back when he made his first UH-1 and even then most of us defended him vigorously.  

Anyways.... nobody has answered my question about de-binarizing his DC-3 so that people can retexture it and remodel it as a C-47.  

BAS team any input on this?rock.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yes I wansered you...

I told: I am still waiting for the MLOD model...

And Il release thr MLOD to public ( unless some one has problems with that )

Martin sees/saw addon making like a popularity contest with the "either everyone emails me that they love me or i dont release it". Thats just plain childish, i didnt participate in that and i dont feel sorry at all. His attitude to other addon makers asking for permission to use his work was just down right wrong too. After saying what he said to people and then turning out to use other people's stuff without even asking their permission ... thats sorta two faced smile_o.gif Especially if you start making claims in readme's like "This isnt a BIS addon its better" well 1. thats in bad taste and 2. i think BIS made their own textures from scratch thank you very much. Sure it might be nicer then some of the models that came with the original. Those were made a while back and the game has been improved allot since then however. Its just a sign of bad character.

This discussion is really not needed folks, this thread was about the DC-3 itself, it seems as if support has ceased for it with Martin's departure.

Martin's departure and the surrounding issues are not subject of the thread, nor do I think they are suitable for any of the forums we have here.

I therefore ask you to drop this topic from here and in the future to post on-topic replies only. I am closing this thread to

a) stop the bickering and save some people from possible PR and b) gone too off-topic already and c) Plane is released, it will obviously not get worked on by Martin.

If anyone will keep on working on this plane, you are welcome to open a new thread in A+M:Discussions, where the merits of your improvemennts/changes can be discussed.

Thank you.