Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Marv [dune buggy 4] by joe lemonades

this is a realistic addon.. as realistic as you can get for a fictional vehicle.. but realistic nonetheless. great job.

Quote[/b] ]Some bugs with the GAU-19 model though theres almost no sound for the weapon firing and the driver appears to be mute (a blessing perhaps?), also some sort of rudimentary sight might be nice

The GAU sound might "clip" due to the high rate of fire. THis is an OFP issue and is simply solved by buying a new PC crazy_o.gif . No other way around I'm afraid.

Ifyou mean the driver does not give orders; I think this is solved by the new config. I'll look into it when I'm home.

The turn radius is way too big, isn't it? It looks like vehicle is sliding sideways when turning... rock.gif

It's a buggy like vehicle and those vehicles don't usually have a very small turn radius. It's sometimes sliding bacause of the high speed. It happens to all OFP vehicles when driving fast enough.

Anyway to make it so that when you get out of the cargo version you end up on top of the rack. It would make it very useful so you could pull up next to a wall and fire over it, or maybe get on top of things.

would be interesting to have one with some kind of ladder on it (can you put ladders on vehicles in ofp?)

@blackdog

Sorry not posting to the topic. But I just saw that you're around here blackdog.

I'm searching your water textures. But Wilco told me you never released them. Can you mail them to me to try it out please?

Regarding the turn radius. This vehicle is derived from the NKL-26 combat Aerosled. The suspension for the rear wheels had to be changed to provide the power transmission from the engine to the rear wheels. But the steering complex is still the same. Only difference to the Aerosled is that just the front wheels are used to steer. Maybe this drawing shed a bit light on the technical detail:

steering.jpg

steering2.jpg

I tried to make the steering angle less strong to eben it with the turn radius, but I couldn't find an option for that in the config. It seems to me that the steering angle is the same on all vehicles.

Sebastian blues.gif

That second picture in your last post pretty much sums up this addon. The detail is absolutely incredible. Look at the seams and detail in the cargo bag! It's amazing! Look at the dripping paint, and the shadows from the cargo cage! Once again, excellent job PSC.

Yeah PSC is up there with Marfy and AKM74 when it comes to texturing. The detail is exquisite. smile_o.gif

Just to avoid confusion, the bags are from Marfy. I just reused them. It's in the readme as well.

would be interesting to have one with some kind of ladder on it (can you put ladders on vehicles in ofp?)

That's unfortunatelly imposible due to engine limitations (already tried to do it before)...

If you could at least change the placementof where the people get out of that unit, then you would end up on top?

By chance did anybody here see the episode of SAS survival secrets with the van with a ladder attached to enter through second story windows? would be very cool adn possible

Just like the RSOV and the British counterpart wich can also mount racks for rapid deployment into second story windows and or balconies.

Lovely work PSC! I really like the GAU-19 version. Very effective! But in the future will it be possible to perhaps include a version with a PKM, DsHk or perhaps a KORD MG?

Also, a "battlefield command" version would be nice with radios and thingies in the back. Would go nicely with the Sycamore catsharks wich have if I remember it correctly some sort of air reconissance version. Where can I get those nowadays BTW? The OFP.info links seem to be down crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, found the links on your site. Who could have thought? tounge_o.gif

I can put a memory point for cargo embark/disembark on the top of the vehicle. But since there is not difference between embark and disembark memory points the game will probably randomly choose one of the existing points. I'll try that.

blues.gif

*edit*

Seems to work quite well. Will be in the update:

cargo.jpg

Is the updated config already released? I'm having problems in missions with the AI engaging units more than 50m away (i.e. they ain't).

Also the driving is a little suicidal is there any way to discourage the AI from ramming each other so frequently without having them go slow?

I wan't able to find out how to only patch one certain file in a PBO (i. e. the config), so I decided to wait a couple of days more and release the "final" version (remember, the actual version is just a testversion). The final version will also fix the steering wheel bug.

As usual a fantastic addon. Is there anyway to convince you to make a pack #5 with VW Dune Beetles and Type 87's ?

Ok, I've updated the packs and you can download them now at my site (http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~joelemonade)

What I fixed:

<ul>

[*]Added a cargo spot to the rack version so you disembark on top of the rack

[*]Fixed the steering wheel bug

[*]Removed the wrong optics on the M40A1 version

[*]Due to Ivos help the ability of the AI to aim is improved a lot

Regards, Sebastian blues.gif

*edit*

The speedo needle bug still exsists. I wasn't able to fix that.