Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Marv [dune buggy 4] by joe lemonades

just tried them these buggers are great

love everything they add to the res side

uh uh...these are amazing quality addons,everything is good.

New sidearms and new cargo anims as well.

Didnt try in all of them but u can heal in most buggies,like they have a first aid kit in them wink_o.gif

My only negative comment is that the optics button for the recoiless cannon makes me look at exactly where i dont want to be looking at when im aiming the cannon  rock.gif

txs for these buggies  smile_o.gif

Cool, can't wait to try these out smile_o.gif

edit after using them: VERY, VERY NICE ! smile_o.gif I love the attention to detail, like the spotting rifle that actually works, and the breach of the recoiless rifle, actually opening. As was previously mentioned, the optics view for the recoilless rifle, does need to be changed a little bit. I can't figure out what the purpose of the rack version is though, is it to haul things on top of it? Maybe add an amphibious version of it, like the BRDM. smile_o.gif

As usual, PSC has outdone himself with another excellent and interesting addon. Good job!

There was (is) a targeting issue. It's in the known bugs section of the readme. However, I now fixed (I hope) the targeting issue and I've just informed Sebastian about it. So don't worry about it. Sabastian hates the white "lock-on" box, so he cancelled it. He just got a little over-excited and cancelled most targeting and tracking capabilities of the crew ;)

I guess it won't be long before a fixed version will be released. Keep an eye out for the update on his site;

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~joelemonade/index_ie.html

Ivo Jacobs

aka Cpt. FrostBite

My only negative comment is that the optics button for the recoiless cannon makes me look at exactly where i dont want to be looking at when im aiming the cannon  rock.gif

DAMN! I tried to find all bugs, but I missed this one. Thanks for the heads-up!! Will be an easy fix for Sebastian.

Remember it's only a test version wink_o.gif

Freaking good pic, Lee !!!!!! VERY NICE! smile_o.gif

Ivo Jacobs

aka Cpt. FrostBite

Another known "bug";

The randomized gunshield has woodland cammo for all versions (desert, snow and woodland). It's a know issue and wont be fixed. One will hardly notice it and it doesn't look wierd.

Ok its maybe a good addon, but a bit very unrealistic to me. So not downloading (sorry) sad_o.gif

Crap!! looks like I'll have to start my Tonal Mercenary campaign from scratch to include these fantabulous contrapulations.

Could there be a better set of vehicles for bushwhacking Tonali Rebels and Smugglers?

I LOVE IT

Seriously though best alternative warfare addon yet.

Very nice Addon!! One Bug I found: The steering wheel turns into the wrong direction.

rock.gif Thanks for the heads-up! I never would have found that one.

Quote[/b] ]but a bit very unrealistic to me
of course it's unrealistic. But on the other hand; it could be realistic since resistince forces often modify whatever they can get their hands on so it can be used in combat. So it's very well possible that they modify a few armoured snowsleds (which really excisted; the body of the vehicle is the same as that sled) to have wheels and cargo-racks ect. It's a fun addon!

This is a great addon! biggrin_o.gif

Lots of variety and uses

It baffles me why some people take things so seriously though. Not d-loading a really "cool" addon due to realism is just silly.  rock.gif

Thanks, nice to read that you like this addon. In case that there will be no 3D model bugs (missing textures etc.) I'll just make an update that overwrites the config inside the PBO (if I find out how to. There was a tool for that wasn't it?).

Some of the bugs you mentioned are crazy rock.gif The steering wheel thing I mean. I found out that the tachometer needle on some version turns into the wrong direction if you start to drive (this is a known bug, but I forgot to write that into the readme), but I could swear that the driving wheel always turned into the right directions. Slowly silently I have the feeling that the binarization sometimes changes my addons wink_o.gif I don't think that I'll fix the steering wheel/tacho thing though. It would mean to change the 3D file, and that would cause a bigger update filesize.

Ivo (Frostbite) told me how to fix the aiming, lock-on, bug for the AI. It's a config thing and I'm going to fix that in the next days.

The M40 actually should not have an optics view at all. I disabled the optics in the weapon config. However, I knew that the optics view was still there, but I though it's a nice detailed view on the gun itself. I recommend not to use the view at all in combat biggrin_o.gif

Regards, Sebastian (PSC, Joe Lemonade)

Let me put it this way;

With the changed config, you don't want to be on the other side.

The AI handles is pretty well.

I just put four GUA versions (with the updated config file) agains one BRDM with DSHK (BAS vehicle) and a group of soldiers (standard editor group). The BRDM never fired a round and was turned into swiss cheese in no time. The group of soldiers was able to kill two gunners, but the group was washed away in a matter of seconds by the two other vehicles. No buggy was completely destoyed.

The AI handles it great, even on rough terrain.

With the old config, the group of soldiers would probably have been able to destroy the buggy's, btw.

Kerel,

When you think that things like this (a Rhodesian Kudu mineproof vehicle) were in service not long before the time OpFP simulates, I think you might agree that perhaps these aren't so unrealistic after all. Mind you, I'd like to see the buggy with a generator big enough to power up a GAU-series Gatling... tounge_o.gif

Just tried them out (as much as my constantly crashing OPF will allow), they aren't much good on the move in my experience but thats just fine they are ideal for crossing very rough terrain and setting up ambushes for road bound columns as well as being kept in reserve for sweeping out vegetation on behalf of larger vehicles.

Some bugs with the GAU-19 model though theres almost no sound for the weapon firing and the driver appears to be mute (a blessing perhaps?), also some sort of rudimentary sight might be nice

The transporter is too slick for words as are the crew apart from the seventies slacks?