Sign in to follow this  
Phleep

Stop, drop and roll

I am sure we are all familiar with crawling on our bellies under a BMP to lay some explosives. Another movement that may come in hand for that sort of thing would be the ability to roll onto our backs. This, in conjunction with the ability to attach objects to objects, would make being a saboteur more entertaining as satchel charges could be attached under the vehicle.

I can think of many opportunities this would open up.

as a matter of fact I've been thinkg about that too. well they should at least make it possible to attach the bombs to vehicles. actually that's possible in some mods. FDF for example.

A long time ago I wrote a script to do this (which I never released because it was a little too complex and slow for realtime execution, scripts being the slow things they are). But it worked pretty well. The bomb (which was just a black spherical object), once placed on a surface on the vehicle, would stay precisely at that point as the vehicle moved and changed its orientation in space. It was great fun to place one on a helicopter, wait for it to take off and then trigger the bomb.

I'd love to see this implemented in OFP2.

Prospero