Sign in to follow this  
DonkeyPunch

Losing connection during games......

Can anyone give me anyt insight on a 'possible' cheat that would cause everyone on a server to get a '%1 IS LOSING CONNECTION"

I have heard speculation there is a way to cause 'manual' lag on a server, but for the life of me, I have no idea why someone woudl want to do this.....I personally do not believe there is anything going around like this. My teammates however swear there is something people are doing to cause this.....Any insight?

DonkeyPunch

The problem with this "possible" cheat is people suffer from there connection dropping in game all the time with ofp/res anyways. When opf starts eating up cpu cycles it leaves very little for background services such as your isdn/cable/adsl/lan to operate.There is a cure with win2k/xp, right click my comp/properties/advanced/performance options and click background services take priority. I realise this doesnt help much for your cheat theory but im sure people suffering connection drops will be glad to find the thread, happy new years opf'ers

This did not help with my consistent disconnects about 10 minutes into CTI games. I set both the server and my own system to giving background services priority.

Open up the task manager, go to process' find ofp and set priority to low. This should help if you have a usb powered modem that constantly disconnects in game.

I sometimes have this problem with an PCI Dsl Modem... Somebody knows something to do about it?

rock.gif

get Cable is another option and in know in Canada Cable kicks ass smile_o.gif

Until 1.93, there was a "bug" around that caused a number of players to disconnect in-game, either by dropping directly back to the desktop or by getting the red square. In both cases, the "..is loosing connection" message was displayed. The bug also seems to have affected a number of players at the same time. The most I've seen was around 4-5 players who got loosing connection at the same time. I was one of them and only knew about 2 of the others because a squad-mate was present.

Anyway, this bug was fixed with 1.93 but when i installed either 1.95 or 1.96 a while ago, the bug was back. I have also noticed an increase in disconnects á la ".. is loosing connection" for other players, again. So this looks like it's the same symptoms as before.

I told BIS about it, but so far got no reply, whether they can confirm this or not. I really hope they can fix this another time.