Sign in to follow this  
denoir

15,000+ dead in iran

Truly horrible news indeed sad_o.gif . The news said Iran will accept help from all nations, except Israel.

Except Israel?

You know: Jew-Israel, the mullah's arch enemy.

Funny since Israel would probably send every man they have to help out. mad_o.gif

Well who wants politically motivated artificial help ,its not as if Israel wasnt allowed then the whole of rescue ops would go down.

They already are getting help worldwide , so it doesnt matter anyway if a few people from israel go or not rock.gif

Such a shame. Iran is too poor to use modern construction methods to counter earthquakes - but they could use the same ones Japan has been using in it's pagodas for centuries - linking the floors to a (in building terms) flexible core and not anchoring them to the walls much (as far as I remember, thats how it works.. it does work, however it is)

I hope they patch the city up as soon as possible, and I am truly sad about all the people who lost their lives in this horrid event. And even more sad about the families who will not be seeing their fathers, brothers, sisters, mothers and grandparents anymore...

And all credit go to the people down there helping the victims of this  earthquake. You are the inspiration of a world, or atleast you inspire me.

Well who wants politically motivated artificial help ,its not as if Israel wasnt allowed then the whole of rescue ops would go down.

Why would it necessarily be "politically motivated artificial help" if Israel were allowed to help? How is it any different from the "great Satan" offering help? (Or whatever Iran used to call America). They should gratefully accept all help offered, the additional people from Israel could help save a few more lives, haven't enough died already?

If it were my country I would want my government to do as much as it can to ease the situation, to me it shows they value the lives of their own people less than they value political/religious differences.

Quote[/b] ]If it were my country I would want my government to do as much as it can to ease the situation, to me it shows they value the lives of their own people less than they value political/religious differences.

Hmm ,you think the U.S would allow North Korean rescue aid to enter it's soil should a disaster like that happen in for ex. California?

Maybe, maybe not, I would hope so. I for damn sure hope that if such an event should happen in my country they'd take all the help that's offered.

Well who wants politically motivated artificial help

Speak for yourself. Once again, your ignorance shows.

Well ,maybe the Iranian goverment fears that such Israeli aid workers could maybe be disguised spy's dropped in the region to inspect on Iran's possible nuclear installations.AFAIK Iran has been busy for a while with development on Nuclear weapons and even AFAIk these installations were somewhere in the southeast of the country probably not all that far from the disaster zone.

That is ,i read something about those installations on a article a while ago ,but i don't know if ill find them back ,let me check.

Quote[/b] ]The Iranian refusal of Israeli aid includes material aid even without manpower.

So then it's definatly a political stance they are taking.Not exactly the best moment to set an symbolic act against Israel when people are dying beneath rubble ,not that these few rescue workers extra will make much of a differance though.

Afcourse ,the connections between some Palestinian millitant groups and Iran are well known.In Iran most people tend to hate Israel and the U.S i think though im not sure ,be it politicians or coman people.But it has much do to with outside intermingiling with iranian affairs to ,if you see the History the U.S shares with Iran then it is not that hard to understand that many Iranians have negative feeling's towards the U.S .Ranging from staging revolutions in their country ,shooting down a civilian airliner and pushing a neighbour of Iran to declare war on it ,U.S interminglemend has done the country quite some dammage.

But why they do aggitate on Israel ,and not on the U.S i don't know.AFAIK know Israel hasn't done much harm on Iran directly.The only reason i think why is because they are afraid of the U.S to aggitate ,but they see Israel as it's little ally in the region and so it's an easy target for political reasons.

Very, very stupid. It surprises me how much world politics reassemble the sandbox fights in kindergarten... Iran and Israel are/were mortal enemies, but not accepting the help of the "enemy" is really just childish and moronic.

However I am thrilled that Israel did offer their aid, it shows that with a little will from both sides the disturbances could be resolved quite quickly.

They already are getting help worldwide , so it doesnt matter anyway if a few people from israel go or not  rock.gif

mad_o.gif The more help the better. They're refusing help for stupid reasons and dragging out the relief efforts.

They're talking about 40,000 now sad_o.gif

What about early warning systems? Don't they work or are there none for the Iran area? And how the hell could those buildings been so badly consructed? It was 6.5 on the Richter scale. Last time that happened in California, there were three dead. Ok, so this thing has now happened and there is very little to be done. What's worse however is that it could very well happen tomorrow again. They really need to do something to either predict or prevent this shit from happening again...

the problem is the buildings there badly constructed, in earthquaks the most deaths are caused by falling debry(?)

If it were my country I would want my government to do as much as it can to ease the situation, to me it shows they value the lives of their own people less than they value political/religious differences.

Well, that's what happens when religion becomes involved (very heavily in Iran's case) in government.

Reason and compassion go straight out the window.

People offering to help - despite old shared hates - and the other is refusing men or equipement just because of this hate .

Really , stupidity , blindness and narrow minded at its finest in Iran politicians group.

I just hope that what could have been a great opportunity to make a big step in the path of peace and reconciliation will happen at another time. Because this opportunity is dead again.

and that lives will continue to be saved despite the time in this earthquake disaster