Sign in to follow this  
mr burns

Starship troopers mod released

!!! IMPORTANT!!!

This Starship trooper MOD versian was Leaked and is not the correct versian it is full of bugs so we will wait for the correct one to come out!

Ok...I tried it but the bugs never worked.

I placed twelve on the map, and placed me the lonley canadian under the trigger.

Trigger was set:

Activated by: West

Name: SST_Bugs

Nothing happens. I put myself in the trigger and waited at least four minutes.

Plus, all the gun sounds are the same. I don't know if this is right or not. As well, I get a

"Picture equip/w/w_morita.paa not found"

when I play as a soldier.

It's supposed to take a lot of hits to kill these things. Their body is like a thick plastic.

Anyway I'm very happy for Starship troopers mod... after all the people saying they had doubts and crap about getting the bugs to work, I could'nt be more happy with this.

A Big slap in the stupid face to morons who speak their words with no knowledge at all on how far MOD editing can go in OFP.  mad_o.gif

and BTW, the blood of those Bug should be green,

is there any chance to see green stuff coming out when we pump lead into their body in the near future?? biggrin_o.gif

I'm sure there is.

The Blood pack used red models when u shot somebody.  I'm sure you can model Green Goo to come out of them when you shoot them.

However there is a few problems with the mod. The biggest problem is the lag.

1. Either my computer can't handle all the scripts working at once

2. The bugs have a WAY too much polygons.

BETA 0.3 of the Mod has been released now, download link here

Included is a low polygon version of the Warrior Bug now SpecOp  smile_o.gif

My faviourate addition has got to be the Nuke launcher though...

SSTmod6s.jpg

EDIT: They're looking for animators too so they can get this lean, mean, walking machine done. Looks great to me so i hope they can find one.

After i installed the addons i get this error message whenever i launch ofp, i am running version 1.96 and i get it when i launch any of my start-ups, mod or just regular ofp 1.96:

no entry 'config.bin/cfgweapons/moritaIMpicture'

I get that too, but it makes no difference to OFP, just an error message, i get it with other addons too. I just press Enter and ignore it, all the addon work fine still.

Well, i would rather have an add-on work without any error messages.

Zombies, Aliens and now bugs wow_o.gif

Time for the yanks and ruskies to make peace i think biggrin_o.gif

I love it.

PH

Guest major gandhi

somehow the aliens react a little bit to slow. if you put for instance six groups of them on the map together with a MI-squad. only few of them start to move towards the infantry to attack them, most of them just got massacred by the MI. is there a posability to increase the aliens activity?

Same for me...

I added about 90 low poly bugs on desert island with two groups of Hyakushiki's troops and a couple desert hummers armed with a 50 and a 60.

I had to start the bugs all the way across the map to use there travel time to cut down on the long wait it takes before the bugs will attack. Then when they do finally attack they are painfully slow at doing so.

I do like how the bugs are hard to kill though

It would really be cool if you could make them more aggressive in there attacks and faster in there attacks.

out of the 90 i put on the map only like 10 got close enough to attack the rest just stood there and got shot to all hell.

Some bug noises would be cool when there on the move or just standing around...Maybe a background sound could be added for it that you could set up in a trigger effect.

Generally I loved the bug addon, I think it has alot of potential as does the mod as a whole but The lonng wait time for going into attack mode seems to be a big draw back as well as there slow weak advances when they do finally go into an attack mode.

Its not really even an "attack" mode but more of a "let me inch closer to this guy shooting me to pieces and maybe if I eventually get close enough Ill jump on him" mode.

I would like to stress overall I think theres alot of good work on this addon though.

Thanks for the hard work, IT looks like its going great.

100_dancing.gif ROFLMAO! Best GIF Image I have ever seen.

Anyway this mod is ok, only I have one problem. I HATE the amount of detail that went into these bugs. I get lag even if I place 10 bugs infront of me. Make a lower polygon modelso I can have some real crazy battles like I saw in the movie smile_o.gif

Make a lower polygon model

They have. Do you want one lower then that? Or did u miss the current low polygon version?

I missed the lower polycount version, but I saw your post now

Yo guys hotshot pointed out to me that your getting problems making the bugs attack etc etc, well i'm here to help ya out with a template mission

template_bugsattack.Intro.zip

ok

Error message with the weapons - i don't know how to fix this, god knows i've tried but i don't have a clue what that error is babbling on about, if you know please tell me

green blood - in progress for next release

bug dismemberment - in progress for next release biggrin_o.gif

ok about the slow bugs, i'll try to increase the range of their attack script for a patch i'll be releasing which will have various other fixes, the release for this will be about 3-4 weeks because i'm going on vacation for 3 weeks tommorow

and all future bugs will be made low poly so hordes are easily handled by most computers

i will get kyle to rework the scripts to make the bugs attack better but i don't know about their speed...their still only classed as infantry and for such reasons we don't know how to increase their max speed...anyone know of a script which can increase speed???

If you're experiencing very big slow-down all of a sudden, when it was fine a few seconds ago, then it seems it may be the Engineer Models that are causing the problem.

I tested the same scenario which was 3 groups of bugs attacking a dual cannon, and about 5 MI's, but changed it slightly:

All MI's: No Slow down

All MI's by one Enginner: Slow down

All MI's, one with nerve gas that was used: No Slow down

(I tried each version of the scenario several times.)

This means it must be the engineer model that is causing the slow-down, and not the enginner's nerve gas, and not the bugs. (I had about 30 low-polygon bugs in the mission)

What would the action command be to lower\raise ramps on retrieval ships?

well right now i'm busy working on the marauder, so can you just check the retreival ships config, in the animation section

heh, the muzzleflash on that Terra Morrita looks familiar wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I don't mind though, I mean, it's just a simple thingy smile_o.gif

This is without a doubt the "Buggiest" add-on pack ever released tounge_o.gif

This is without a doubt the "Buggiest" add-on pack ever released  tounge_o.gif

that just isn't funny...nah just kiddin lol

Apologies in advance for digging up this old thread but I thought since it wasn't closed yet it'd be more interesting to post something here rather than to create a new one (since info on it might be worth to someone who would also like to have it) - but does anybody have the 0.3 beta version of this mod? The download link doesn't seem to work and all the rest that seems to be available is the 0.2 beta which was reportedly neither the last nor a "legal" release... could anybody upload the 0.3 beta somewhere please? Since, if I got it right, it was the latest release of this mod...