Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Nogovan army?

hi

You could also say that in the 20 years following the initial invasion the nogovan "special forces" have cross trained with american and british special forces and because of this they are even more deadly.

Tim

What if TimTams arn't good? (In response to your signature)

Or, alternatively, we could do something that isn't too far ahead of ourselves. My thoughts:

While I love the KMARN gear, the KMARN Soldier Model seems "too Advanced" for these troopers, with the flack vest and all. "We" should firm up the look on default soldiers and gear before we start wondering about SF.

AK

Every nation in the world has some kind of commando force, whether it be for internal security purposes or external combat duty.

Yes, I know that.

I never said NOT to do them, I just said:

Get the basic line-trooper done before you start engineering SF units.

AK

I have an idea about artillery they could use, not standard light/towed guns but pack howitzers such as the L5 or m48.

put into troops of 4, a battery would consist of 8 guns.

with each gun having 4 gunners and a LUVW to tow it

the 1st reg't nogovan artillery would consist of:

HQ battery(logistics and command)

A battery (jump/airmobile trained)

B battery (special training for mountain fighting)

C battery(standard artillery battery)

just an idea since I'm an arty freek wink_o.gif

Hi,

On the point of body armour and helmets I would have to disagree. Flak jackets and kevlar helmets have been adopted by the armed forces of many former WP states. The use of a model with body armour and Fritz helmet thus seems not inappropriate for a present day fictional Eastern European nation. The woodland pattern has been adopted by several such countries, either as the standard uniform or in addition to other patterns. A different pattern may be introduced for the reservists, but woodland will remain the standard for the standing army.

Regards,

Sander

CRAP is no more , it's been replaced by the GCP

CRAP...mm'kay. crazy_o.gif

threads are ment to be read before posting any reply

wouldn't novova's forces be mostly reserves rock.gif

I agree. I think we need to accept that a fair proportion of the armed forces are going to have be conscripts in order to generate a reasonable pool of trained reserves. With say a 12 month conscript period, we should be able to extrapolate the size of the trained reserves, perhaps 8 years-worth for 1st line reserves (in their twenties) and another 12 years worth of 2nd line (thirties to early forties). If we go for a more professsional army then the reserves may be much smaller, although better trained. Or if the islands are independent rather than a single nation, maybe we could try both.

We could also do with a paramilitary coastguard with search and rescue helicopters and patrol boats & aircraft with a drug interdiction capability, and decide on the type of the police force - there may be more heavily armed counter-terrorist and riot control units.

My idea, for what it's worth:

Army of the Republic of Nogova:

Active Duty (Permanant Force with Conscripts)

1st Battalion, Nogovan Light Infantry

A Company: Airborne Infantry, based on Malden, 110 men

B Company: Light Infantry, based on Everon, 110 men

C Company: Light Infantry, based on Nogova, 110 men

D Company: Heavy weapons (one platoon attached to each A, B and C Companies), 74 men

HHC Company: Support (HQ, recon, supply), based on Nogova, 56 men

C Squadron, Nogova Light Horse based on Nogova

1st Troop (Platoon): 4 T-55A, 16 men

2nd Troop: 4 T-55A, 16 men

3rd Troop: Mech Infantry platoon (MT-LB), 46 men

HQ Troop: 3 T-55A, 1 ZSU (or MT-LB with ZU-23), 2 MT-LB, 26 men

F Battery, Nogovan Light Artillery, based on Nogova

6 M-101 or D-30 guns plus PV3S trucks, 50 men

"Troska" Troop, Nogovan Special Air Service

24 men

Military Police Platoon, one squad on each island. 44 men.

1 Field Company, Nogova Engineer Regiment

85 men, one platoon on each island.

General HQ, based on Nogova, 40 men incl. General Officer Commanding Nogovan Army (GOCNA)

2 Service Battalion

A Company: Personnel Services (pay, legal, admin, etc.) 20 men

B Company: Medical Services (provides medical support to all Nogovan forces, supervises medic training) 59 men, 4 doctors

C Company: Training Support (incl. drill sergeants, runs military academy and creates and implements Army doctrine), 47 men

D Company: Maintenance (maintains vehicles, motorpools, facilities and weapon systems) 92 men

E Company: Logistics Support (stocks warehouses and supplies units, provides transportation, etc.) 113 men

Reserve Forces Require 2 weeks' service per year. Six years' service mandatory after conscription.

Everon Defense Battalion

approx 200 reservists, 3 T-55s, 7 MT-LBs

Malden Defense Battalion

approx 250 reservists, 5 T-55s, 10 MT-LBs

Nogova Defense Battalion

approx 400 reservists, 10 T-55s, 20 MT-LBs and BTR-60s

Additional Reserve Equipment (in storage due to operating costs, lack of spare parts, poor servicibility, etc. Remnants of Soviet-supported coup in 1985)

3 T-72M

2 T-80U

5 BMP-1

6 BMP-2

2 ZSU-23-4

12 122mm Howitzers

6 Ferrret scout cars

Apparently, some people missed this the first time around.

The break it down at a very basic level:

The Nogovan Army will have one (1) infantry battalion, staffed by professionals (who will be NCOs and officers) and by conscripts.

There will be about two battalion's worth of support troops, organized into individual company-sized elements, to include tanks, artillery, engineers, MPs and other support troops.

In addition, each island will have a defense battalion composed of reservists. There will be some old and captured equipment in war stocks for their use.

Essentially, 50% of the Nogovan Army will be reserves, 40% conscripts and only 10% professional soldiers.

sounds like the basic build up of and danish army.. ill go contact some ppl and poste what i get here..

Denmark and Nogova army would have the same basic build up

What if TimTams arn't good? (In response to your signature)

Oh beleive me AKM, TimTams are more than good.......... Mmmmm, TimTams..........Arghhhhhhhh

Quote[/b] ]Dunno why we're crawling all over Nogova using SF when they don't even have a firmed-down look and equipment for their basic line grunt! Methinks we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Couldn't agree more.

Has anything been started for the ground forces?

I know the airforce is coming along nice but am curious as to what the infantry will look like. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Methinks we're getting ahead of ourselves.

Ah, but it's fun to imagine what you could do...

I was thinking since the Nogova is gonna be in like the future, have them have like Nuclear weapons and stuff. Say a few minute man missiles in silos on certian places on the island......

And have the army split into like a whole bunch of different rag tag groups or if they are supported by like the United States and stuff and trained by them, have the army really oraganized and strong, having say a 20,000 or 40,000 strong army smile_o.gif

Why are you even thinking of nuclear weapons?

While we're talking about that, lets give them a giant multistage thermonuclear bomb.

And the biggest "Bang" you're gonna get out of a nuclear artillery shell is about 1 KT.

And its nice to see this thread degenerated so quickly. Might as well shoot the sick horse...

AK

Actually I was thinking this.

How about equipping the new Nogova Military with say Older Centurion II tanks or III tanks along with some old Eastern and Western Block stuff, but with High Tech Upgrades. Have a army full of highly trained troops ( trained by British and American troops ) mostly equipped with ak47's and m4's or possibly G36's and Steyers.

Have the Army with about 4 or 5 Battalions of Infantry (Each battalion having around 100 to 200 men in it) that form a division, then have the tank squads, not going to give specs on that cause I wouldn't have much of a clue how tank companies work. Special forces then, have a few highly trained teams working around the clock, and then finally the artillery guys, Mortar guys, airborne divisions (in terms of helicopters mostly) and then the S4 guys. Last but not least, the NIA (Nogova Intelligence Agency) to keep an eye on the enemies, conduct espionage missions, and to ensure the overall safety of Nogova from anything or anyone that could be a threat to the sovereign nation.

After that in terms of special weapons possibly Big Blue's and flamethrowers biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] Have a army full of highly trained troops ( trained by British and American troops ) mostly equipped with ak47's and m4's or possibly G36's and Steyers.

Did they find you on Mars?

Quote[/b] ] Have a army full of highly trained troops ( trained by British and American troops ) mostly equipped with ak47's and m4's or possibly G36's and Steyers.

Nope sorry. That was George Bush you're thinking about.....

But seriously, I mean, i'm looking at like the most modern type of spec's, ya know..... I mean what else would you expect???

All you have to do is send some SAS guys and some other special forces instructors from the major countries to help train other armies............

Nogova, in 1983, wasn't exactly the best in the way they did things you know......

The man has no feeling with budget whatsoever, naming AK and G36 on a single line! biggrin_o.gif

I think it would be totally unbelievable to let Nogova have nuclear capability.

For tanks, a more reasonable choice would be things that are currently being replaced by countries with a higher defense-budget. Leo I for example, although I think eastern block tanks might also give it a nice touch.

Recently, Germany sold it's MiG-29's to Poland, for 1 euro each*. Maybe Nogova would have been able to strike such a deal with some neighboring country. More than a few MiG-29's would make maintenance go way over budged, but a small sqdn should be a possibility.

*Damn, why didn't they tell me? I would have given them 10 euro's each!

From www.checksix.com :

Quote[/b] ]After the German reunification on October 3rd, 1990, parts of the NVA (Nationale Volks Armee) air force of the former GDR were integrated in the West-German Bundeswehr. In parallel, the Bundeswehr was restructured and, in the course of continuing easing of political and military tension after the collapse of the Warsaw Pact, drastically reduced. With very few exceptions, the NVA aircraft were sold, given away, or scrapped. However, the most modern type of aircraft used in the NVA since 1988, the Russian MiG-29 Fulcrum, finally turned out to be a real blessing. Not only that the MiGs were superior to all the West-German jets, such as the F-104, F-4 or Tornado as a fighter jet, but with the 24 Fulcrums taken over from the NVA, it was possible to establish an "aggressor squadron" playing the part of a realistic enemy fighter during NATO exercises. Hardly any other squadron hosts so many friendly units as the JG 73 in Laage (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern), near the Hanseatic city of Rostock.

The decision to take over the 24 MiG-29 Fulcrum A (20 single-seaters and 4 two-seaters / trainers) of the former NVA JG 3 "Wladimir Komarov" and to integrate them in the Luftwaffe was heatedly disputed in the beginning. Especially parts of the West-German industry and their lobbyists saw in the MiG-29 a threat to the Eurofighter – project, since a discussion came up to purchase additional MiG-29 from Russia instead of financing the Eurofighter which turned out to be more and more expensive. It is difficult to judge if this discussion was only a political issue or if there were serious plans behind it. Finally, rational arguments got the upper hand, and after intense tests at the WTD 61 in Manching until July 1991, the JG 3 was renamed as Erprobungsgeschwader MiG-29 (MiG-29 Evaluation Wing). In June 1993, it was integrated in the reestablished Jagdgeschwader 73 (fighter wing 73) as 1. Jagdstaffel (1st fighter squadron).

In 1994, the wing moved from its original base in Preschen to Laage. In the meantime, the MiG´s were "westernized", i. e. radio and navigation equipment (for example IFF, GPS, TACAN) were adapted to NATO standard and the power of the Klimov RD-33 turbofans was reduced by 10 % in order to extend engine life span. Finally, at the beginning of 1995, the squadron was ready to provide two QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) aircraft permanently. With the MiG-29, the German Luftwaffe has an adequate interimistic solution until the arrival of the Eurofighter, and the NATO has the presumably best aggressor aircraft ever in NATO history. The MiG-29G and GT were recently sold to Poland for the symbolic price of 1 Euro each, where they are scheduled to remain operational until 2015.

Recently, Germany sold it's MiG-29's to Poland, for 1 euro each*. Maybe Nogova would have been able to strike such a deal with some neighboring country. More than a few MiG-29's would make maintenance go way over budged, but a small sqdn should be a possibility.

*Damn, why didn't they tell me? I would have given them 10 euro's each!

It was 1 Euro for the lot, according to AFM  smile_o.gif

Oh and Bmgarcangel, I don't think you're thinking straight.

Maybe Nogova would have been able to strike such a deal with some neighboring country.

UNREALISTIC!!!!!!!!

Only germany is this type of stupid! There is no second country doing such idiotic deals!

The only way your idea can work, is: Nogova gets stuff from germany.

MfG Lee crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif