Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

You forget that the U.S. gave them a healthy chunk of "aid" after that liberation of Nogova from Guba.  At least until the Cold War ended.

It wasn't required to have U.S. presence there like Korea, but modernization and improvement of their armed forces would have been most definitely in the "National Security Interest" of the U.S. and NATO.

I think many of you are failing to take into consideration additional military and government assistance, this does not give them Leopard 2 or M1A1 tanks and Bradleys, nor would it give them Stealth Bombers (heh he), but it does allow them to modernize their fighting force and maintain a much more mechanized and mobile force.

It would help dramatically if someone from the NAF project would specifically state where they put Nogova in the World Map. That would more accurately allow Economics and threat assessment.

Just my take on it.

I agree it would be nice if Nogova had atleast a few variations/modernized T55s in their arsenal. Maybe a modernized variant with something that could stand up to more modern tanks like the T80 perhaps, though from the link provided by Ironsight looked like a good variant to add (w/ D30 gun)..Overall it is up to NAFP.

Nogova is a small place, but one that has had 'difficulty' in the past so they would not risk being overrun as they have been before. The airforce seems logical, a few Mig-21s as well as An-2s, it looks good from that angle. Maybe even one of the older Bell helicopters just for patrol usage? I mean BiH had a few tanks as well as APCs donated to them, even Iraq is getting equipment from nations in the coalition. I was surprised that even my own gave up a good amount vehicles and equipment. I have to say that havocsquad does have a pretty good argument, I too would expect some government aid being given to Nogova, especially for its military.

I would love to see a NAFP T-62M1.

We would provide the tank if its wanted, i think such tank fits perfectly.

It has a stronger gun than the T55s and also much better armor and other lil improvements plus its cheap and easy to maintain...

It has a stronger gun than the T55s and also much better armor and other lil improvements plus its cheap and easy to maintain...

Atlast someone who agrees with what i said biggrin_o.gif .

But i'll be happy with whatevers thrown at us beggars blues.gif .

Maybee an idea is to give the NAF 1 vehicle that is modern! Just 1 that is given to them for something... Not a really expensive vehicle just something like a apc or jeep... rock.gif The NAF could have it as sort of flagship! wow_o.gif

Now that would be awesome biggrin_o.gif

I think a couple of T62's would be great for Nogova.

As for them not being taken over again...I dont think they'd stand a chance compared to more advanced East neighbour countries with Btr80's,T72's,T80's etc etc

But, I dont think it would hurt either.  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: How about a Panhard or another type of armoured car as well?

Combat_agent : Do you have a grid reference for that building? I couldnt seem to find it.

Hate to break it to everyone, but the major issue deciding what units the NAF will have depends on the time and whether the original theatre ever happened. If you were to go Russian/Soviet I personally think that a Couple of Migs would be good, as many have said, the 21 or 27 would be good (I personally prefer the Mig 27). ONLY Mi2s for the choppers, as it is a poor nation, it wouldnt have or really need attack choppers. (Im Australian and our military has only now just ORDERED a few attack choppers).

The NN (Nogovan Navy) should be the pride, and anchor of the island, with most of the miliary assets being invested into this area. Perhaps STA Missiles on Frigates (dont know my ships, sorry perhaps someone can specify for me) for Air Protection, aswell as Patrol Boats etc, LSTs etc.

For the Army, I dont think Nogova has the need, or the means to train paratroopers as the island is rather small, and with a poor Air Force, they wouldnt realistically be inserted anywhere.

I think its safe to say that NAF would require all males to serve in the forces for some period of time, therefore, size of the military is not very limited. Consripts would be a definate, but I do not know how you would make them any different apart from regular soldiers. A Special Forces Regiment should be implemented, but maybe limited to platoon size strength as not everyone can join (perhaps these can be the vets from the war). Regular Army should consist of your standards soldiers armed with RPGs, AKs etc. Armour should include BTRs, BMPs, and T55s, aswell as maybe a T72.

For the Western Forces, there is far more diversity, and from what Ive read, more of what everone would enjoy to play with. The Air Force could have virtually any Aircraft from the West, but not YF22s or anything, but perhaps older model Hornets and F16s, A6s (even if they are carrier based) etc. Attack choppers could also be implemented, which could inculde older model Apaches and Cobras. As the NAF would be small, instead of the blackhawk, which everyone is sick of, perhaps Sea Stallions could be bought in. These could also compliment the Marines that Nogova is sure to have if the West is supplying them.

For armour, the latest versions of the Abrams could be bought in, however that would (I think) ruin some of the variety this addon is expected to bring. LAVs would be good for the APC, replacing the old M113. The standard rifle could be anything from the FFAL, M16 or ever Steyr. However I think the G3 would be good.

Im not a creater of Flashpoint Addons, but, is it possible to create standard buildings the CANT be moved around. My way of thinking is to have an Early Warning System. As Nogova would be too poor and doesnt require AWACS, I was thinking perhaps a permanent Radar Facility could be built, or other objects similar? It would give something for the conscripts to guard rock.gif

Cheers

One thing that any island nation will have is shore-launched anti-ship missiles! There are plenty to choose from. I was thinking something along the lines of Sunburn but older, cheaper and crappier. tounge_o.gif

A lot of small nations have paratroopers frequently operating from aircraft older than they are, similarly they operate attack helicopters that wouldnt meet civil aviation safety standards in Australia.

As for the Navy Id like to see one of PCs WW2 Destroyers or Frigates as the Flagship of the Nogovan Navy, a post war trophy handed over to the nascent Nogovan Armed forces with a minor refit.

Badass but rather useless against modern ships.

wink_o.gif

My thoughts for equipment:

Possible western equipment:

M60's, maybe M1A1's or similar. Possibly older Challengers.

Hueys, maybe not Blackhawks, few Cobras. Some Littlebirds maybe. Chinook? Super Stallion? Not sure. Gazelles, Pumas and Cougars would be excellent.

F-4 to F-15, maybe Tornados. If they go for a long-age investiments, F-16A's and Hornets. Mirages would do well. A-6 and A-7 etc. would do, aswell as Harriers.

One or 2 Hercules' for transport. Atleast few Dakotas...

For infantry, M16's, FAL's, G3's. G3 would be a good choise. G36 wouldn't be bad, or L85A2. But they are rather poor, so... Naturally MP5, or maybe UMP for Specops. Handguns might be Berettas. LAV's, M113's, older Bradleys for mechs. Maybe Patria vehicles. Maybe HMMWVs, Land Rovers. 5t trucks, doubt HEMMTs.

One F-16C costs about 27 million dollars.

Possible eastern equipment:

Tanks ranging from T-34 to T-72.

Mi-2's, maybe earlier Kamov's. Mi-4's and Mi-8's would be excellent.

Su-25's and other earlier Sukhois, earlier MiGs, maybe MiG-29 if they get money... MiG-25 wouldn't be impossible.

Antonovs for transport.

For infantry, AK's, RPK's and PK's. AKS-74U's for Specops. Tokarevs for handguns. Mechanized infantry would use UAZs, BMP's, BRT's... And Ural trucks.

OK I'll go now.

If you look back through the thread, you'll find that they've decided on the majority of kit already.

A lot of small nations have paratroopers frequently operating from aircraft older than they are, similarly they operate attack helicopters that wouldnt meet civil aviation safety standards in Australia.

As for the Navy Id like to see one of PCs WW2 Destroyers or Frigates as the Flagship of the Nogovan Navy, a post war trophy handed over to the nascent Nogovan Armed forces with a minor refit.

wink_o.gif

We got a nice flagship already... smile_o.gif

wink_o.gif

We got a nice flagship already... smile_o.gif

Wanna share what kind of ship it will be, a pic will be nice too of course.............. wink_o.gif

I just have to add my two cents to the discussion about what kind of army a small island nation might have.

I know that most of the equipment has allready been decided and i think that the made choices are quite good.

To see what kind of equipment a small far away nation is likely to have, just check out what small african and asian countries have in their arsenal.

In my book realistic equipment could include:

russian fighter plane: Mig19, Mig21, maybe Mig23

western fighter plane: Hawker Hunter, F5, Jaguar

russian attack plane: Su22, Su25

western attack plane: Alphajet, Hawk, A4

russian transport plane: An2, Il14

western transport plane: DC3, DHC4, Skyvan

russian helo: Mi2, maybe Mi8/17

western helo: AB205, Alouette III, maybe Jetranger

rusisian tank: T55, T62, T64

western tank: M60, Centurion, AMX30

russian apc: Btr152, Btr50, Btr60, Btr70

western apc: M3, M113, V150, Saracen, Saxon

russian jeep: Uaz, Gaz69

western jeep: Landrover, M151, Unimog

russian rifle: AK47, AKM, maybe AK74

western rifle: G3, M16a1/a2, Fnfal, Car15

russian smg: AK74su

western smg: M45, M3a1, Mp5, Uzi

russian pistol: T33, PM, PSM

western pistol: M1911, M9, Fnhp

Just giving an example... tounge_o.gif

and we should give them nukes while they are at it  tounge_o.gif , the guys doing the NAFP have already spent alot of time on what they will use to create a simple, cost effective and beleavable force. maybe the addition  of the T-62M1 would be a good idea like Shadow NX said, but thats about it  smile_o.gif

Wanna share what kind of ship it will be, a pic will be nice too of course..............  wink_o.gif

Joke below

The US navy gave it to them at the end of the war

Say hello to the Nogova navy Troska

site1-4b.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Consripts would be a definate, but I do not know how you would make them any different apart from regular soldiers. A Special Forces Regiment should be implemented, but maybe limited to platoon size strength as not everyone can join (perhaps these can be the vets from the war). Regular Army should consist of your standards soldiers armed with RPGs, AKs etc. Armour should include BTRs, BMPs, and T55s, aswell as maybe a T72.
Conscripts no reserves yes. As for the SF regiment I think it should be changed to NSAS for Nogovan Special Air Service.The instructors and team leaders should be vets of the war but raw recurits should be the best in they're class at basic to attend SF school. As for weapons I think FN FAL rifles and HK G3s as wells as M-16A1s will do just fine. I like the T-55 and T-62 and T-64 deal but leave out the T-72s. AAR should be made up of Mi-24 Hind-Ds and UH-1 gunships.

Hey, I hate to be the one to ask this, but I was wondering if you guys have made any more progress?  Or are you busy with other projects?

I'm itching to create some missions with these bad boys.

Thanks.

(i have a new found obsession with this mod, after downloading mapfact nogova for the first time smile_o.gif )

Does this have any possible chance of actually being released?? Please be straight with everyone.

NSAS would be cool. Maybe with watch caps and bergens and belt kit. Armed with FALs and M16A1/M203. They could be trained to launch geurilla operations and to organize militias and reserves in times of war in the case of the island being over-run.

I don't even know if the NAFP is still around. We'd decided on an organization and equipment list long ago (check the first couple pages of this thread maybe?) and a couple addons made it into beta, but I haven't heard anything in nearly a year now.

well, lets hope something can come of it...it seems like the mods that show the most promise like this one, I44, Battle over Hokaido among others seem to never really to be able to come into being sad_o.gif

Those mods are still being worked on. Last I heard I44 campaign was being made. wink_o.gif

This topic kind've seems dead rock.gif

sad_o.gif