Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

These guys already have their hands full creating Nogova's armed forces...maybe someone else or another team could make a new/modified Nogova  wink_o.gif

This has been said before, and I will repeat it again:

Releasing a modification of Nogova Island is impossible because BIS says it allows non-resistance owners to play a Resistance map. BIS will not allow anyone to release a modified Nogova.

Not that there are much players left that don't have Resistance anyway...

I mean, the GOTY edition has all wrapped into one bundle for ca. 12,- EUR. So what's the point of still being against a Nogova retexture/rework? The textures are used on 1000000 other islands already if that's the point? People without Resistance still get the "missing addon BIS_resistance" message if a mission uses resistance vehicles, units etc, which excludes about 90% of all missions on nogova anyways.

I just don't see the point there, sorry. rock.gif

These guys already have their hands full creating Nogova's armed forces...maybe someone else or another team could make a new/modified Nogova wink_o.gif

This has been said before, and I will repeat it again:

Releasing a modification of Nogova Island is impossible because BIS says it allows non-resistance owners to play a Resistance map. BIS will not allow anyone to release a modified Nogova.

Incorrect. BIS gave the all clear to kegetys if he wanted to release Winter Nogova. You are running on old info.

I know there were legal issues regarding the release of winter Nogova, so maybe an all new user made winter island is the answer.

No there aren't! Repeating for the 4th or 5th time:

Marek Spanel emailed me stating clearly that a winter Nogova version can be publicly released provided that it's only usable in OFP 1.75 and above.

wee, hope we can get a winter nogova then, keg does some very nice islands, especially winter islans smile_o.gif

To be honest, I'm not sure how far Keg ever got with Winter Nogova, or if he plans to ever finish or release it...

To be honest, I'm not sure how far Keg ever got with Winter Nogova, or if he plans to ever finish or release it...

winter nogojev is still beta

Has anyone else noticed that the camo on the NAF Troops looks very DPM like?

not really, which soldier you been looking at?

it's the one on the site, i think it's under the projects page.

it's the one on the site, i think it's under the projects page.

Old soldier textures smile_o.gif new soldier looks like this

nafsoldierpara1.jpg

Must update that projects page wink_o.gif

supah will you implement a cargo hoist for the Huey, like the one on the BAS Blackhawks/Chinook? or am i wrong in thinking they can haul stuff on there underbelly?

supah will you implement a cargo hoist for the Huey, like the one on the BAS Blackhawks/Chinook? or am i wrong in thinking they can haul stuff on there underbelly?

Possibly, ATM we are looking for scripters. Without those adding such features is very difficult smile_o.gif

ah coolio, im sure eithe FALK or BAS could help you if you gave them a buzz.

ah coolio, im sure eithe FALK or BAS could help you if you gave them a buzz.

BAS has been helping us out allot but they too have their own projects and stuff to do smile_o.gif We cooperate with other mods as much as possible.

How about these guys for NDF special forces:

Spec4_190504.jpg

Admiral Ducksauce's Guerilla's...with new weapon loadouts and maybe some textures updates I think they would be just about perfect... wink_o.gif

why would such a small place have a whole military,,, wouldnt they be like russian or whoever owns the island?

it would be a self defence force.

most countries have them.

and no one "owns" the island it is a free state with close ties or pre1982 was a puppet country.

Well, I guess Sebastian Müller's MARVs fit the picture... as well as Martin's Resistance(FIA) Bond-plane... maybe some more "homemade" defense stuff too... in terms of light stuff at least... (check http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=39443 for a nice helo... the makers of it are in the right spirit for making completely new stuff that nevertheless would fit perfectly into the "self-made" defense force hardware the FIA should have, IMHO.

How about these guys for NDF special forces:

[ig]http://img48.photobucket.com/albums/v147/majorfubar/screens/Spec4_190504.jpg[/img]

Admiral Ducksauce's Guerilla's...with new weapon loadouts and maybe some textures updates I think they would be just about perfect... wink_o.gif

we are currently reworking our soldier model. We wont have a real "spec-op" more a better trained and equipped soldier with some special equipment.

Quote[/b] ]Well, I guess Sebastian Müller's MARVs fit the picture... as well as Martin's Resistance(FIA) Bond-plane... maybe some more "homemade" defense stuff too... in terms of light stuff at least... (check http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=39443 for a nice helo... the makers of it are in the right spirit for making completely new stuff that nevertheless would fit perfectly into the "self-made" defense force hardware the FIA should have, IMHO.

With all due respect to those addons individual makers, we are not a fantasy mod. We only use equipment that actually exists in real life.

With all due respect to those addons individual makers, we are not a fantasy mod. We only use equipment that actually exists in real life.

Do you consider those addons to be too unrealistic that they could not exist? They're no uber-weapons of extreme power of destruction so as to be considered 'fantastic', IMHO... wink_o.gif

Edit: especially since their armament are RL weapons...

The MARV is very unbeleivable in my opinion, especially if it is for use with a defence force with a detailed ORBAT. It is really fun to play around with, but doesn't really fit in.

The Sycamore catsharks* (similar to the Bond plane by Martin, found: here) are beleivable, but again not in this context. If the NDF were in need of cheap and efficient attack aircraft they would look for more wholesome solutions, not temporary, or "make-shift" ones as the FIA could settle for.

That said, I do hope you do some fictional things, like armor and or weapon upgrades for the BTR-152.

catshark.jpgSycamore catshark by Sebastian Müller (AKA PSC)