Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

I have a feeling that nothing's going to come out for the Nogovan Army for a while. They're having a bit debate in the Nogovan Army thread about logistics and the GNP of Nogova, with and without the assumption that it has offshore oilrigs  rock.gif  Just slap some green, khaki and brown on some soldier models, for god's sake!

Hey, it's important to know how much they can spend on stuff... Yeah, it has gotten a bit sidetracked, hasn't it?

any plans for basic soldier models yet?

Our skinner (Sander) is busy creating them, based on the international soldier model. They currently have green helmets and a fresh new woodland camo pattern. I think that woodland would fit nicely, as it is probably the most widely used pattern worldwide. The "cheap" green kevlar helmets make them clearly distinguishable from West units.

The rifles they are equipped with are the Diemco series. From what I understand, Dutch government chose Diemaco because, even though inferior to weapons like the Steyr Aug, the weapons are a good financial deal.

I think East equipment can be used just the same. Nogova would probably want to stay a neutral country.

any plans for basic soldier models yet?

Our skinner (Sander) is busy creating them, based on the international soldier model. They currently have green helmets and a fresh new woodland camo pattern. I think that woodland would fit nicely, as it is probably the most widely used pattern worldwide. The "cheap" green kevlar helmets make them clearly distinguishable from West units.

The rifles they are equipped with are the Diemco series. From what I understand, Dutch government chose Diemaco because, even though inferior to weapons like the Steyr Aug, the weapons are a good financial deal.

I think East equipment can be used just the same. Nogova would probably want to stay a neutral country.

Maybe we should talk wink_o.gif my msn is supah@chaotic.nl

Hi,

After reading this thread I slapped the Nogovan coat of arms in a black and green version as an insignia on the Resistance side troops that were already being made.

Perhaps two different series of Nogovan units could be made, one set for the Cold War era of the eighties, primarily fitted out with eastern block weaponry and equipment, and one set for the present day, with more Western influence. Alternatively one could make just one generic set, with the standing forces equipped with more modern weaponry and reservists kitted out with obsolescent leftovers.

Regards,

Sander

That would be great man smile_o.gif Feel free to add me to MSN

I really strongly disagree with the logic that says the modern Nogovan Force should be eastern equipped, the markets did flood with ex soviet equipment after the collapse of the USSR. But that doesnt mean they were stocking Fitters in liquidation stores a sworn enemy of the former USSR would still not be able to acquire useful amounts of kit.

The force in development seems ideal for Tonal but not at all applicable to Nogova.

Nonetheless I have no talent to offer to a mod so I wish you the best of luck, may you prove me wrong.

I agree with Imshi there hes very correct on that part.

Nogovas airforce especially shouldnt be Russian made fully if were considering to keep all this inline with the original campaign after so many humailitians russians would have to be stupid to sell them something rock.gif

Maybe a mismatch between western and old eastern stuff would be fine but thats it , Mig-23 and stuff looks too modern for Nogova maybe a Bae hawk would be good along with a few chines styled Mig varients would do?

The Mig-23 saw action in the Afghanistan War (79-87, I think, not sure), so it's not really that new.

The Flogger entered service in europe in 1973, it is characterised by excellent acceleration and speed but fk all manouvreability and poor visibility.

Its also a very thirsty beast, although popular in Africa it is not a particularly cost effective or flexible aircraft.

Only the Kind of madmen currently running Angola or Zimbabwe would still buy them.

The Flogger entered service in europe in 1973, it is characterised by excellent acceleration and speed but fk all manouvreability and poor visibility.

Its also a very thirsty beast, although popular in Africa it is not a particularly cost effective or flexible aircraft.

Only the Kind of madmen currently running Angola or Zimbabwe would still buy them.

Or czechoslovakia which ran them till they would fly no more. Libia ran them. India still runs them and buys them still when they can. South america also is a popular home base for these birds.

But anyway i am not going to be drawn in to the endless discussions about who likes what plane/tank/gun. I am making this, we may add a few planes, we may not. If you want to make planes in this camo i am more then willing to send you coloursamples and you can have F-16's and A-10's. Its not MY airforce in the end its all our airforce smile_o.gif this is just my rendition of it.

i dont care what planes you use as long as they have nice textures it will be cool blues.gif

well f16s and a10s would be outa place

Perhaps you can chat with CSLA mod for use of their MIG-15 model? A few MIG-15's in storage and active/trainer duty sure wouldn't be out of place.

Also, the L-29 "Delfin" (or was it some other number after the "L"?) would be a nice addition. I think CSLA mod might have a model of that one coming up aswell. Not sure at all though smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I really strongly disagree with the logic that says the modern Nogovan Force should be eastern equipped

The Czech influence would be the reason behind the eastern equipment...not Russian.

Does that not have some logic to it?

I don't want to argue about what equipment Nogova should or should not have but the probability of it having old Russian stuff is far more likely than it having "western" stuff. First off it's a fairly poor non-NATO country, and I also think that Nogova should share a fair bit with the Czech republic. Afterall A-10's and F-16's are quite expensive (well maybe not A-10's since they are soon to be layed off) The Czech republic was offered used F-16's for the same price as brand new JAS-39 Gripen aircraft for the same price nonetheless. If the JAS-39 was changed to something Russian and brand new I doubt the outcome would have been any different.

Was just at Borders Bookstore and was reading the current International Airpower Review and noticed Botswana has F-5s in their air force and was thinking if a poor country like them could have F-5s why not Nogova biggrin_o.gif skc just came out with a very nice looking F-5 with multiple loadouts this might be a good aircraft to include it can fill air defence and air to ground roles...

Dunno if planes like A-10 would be a good idea when fighting a vastly superior airforce..

Or czechoslovakia which ran them till they would fly no more. Libia ran them. India still runs them and buys them still when they can. South america also is a popular home base for these birds.

All of those other countries cited bought the 23 when it was still contemporary, theres a big difference between maintaining a fleet and starting one, the 23 had already had its day by the fall of the Soviet union.

Quote[/b] ]I really strongly disagree with the logic that says the modern Nogovan Force should be eastern equipped

The Czech influence would be the reason behind the eastern equipment...not Russian.

Does that not have some logic to it?

How exactly would the Czech or Slovak republics furnish another airforce?

They have limited overhaul facilities any construction of new units still relies on MAPO, RSK MiG, or Sukhoi.

i like the idea of F-5´s smile_o.gif maby a couple of F-4G´s too? it´s an old rugged and cheap aircraft although it might be a bit big for nogova....

anyway, i think an eventual NDF mod would be set to present day or a few years ago, maby 2002?

Quote[/b] ]How exactly would the Czech or Slovak republics furnish another airforce?

Czechs: "Here Nogova, have some of our older equipment."

Nogovans: "ok, thanks."

Quote[/b] ]How exactly would the Czech or Slovak republics furnish another airforce?

Czechs: "Here Nogova, have some of our older equipment."

Nogovans: "ok, thanks."

Czechs: Would you like some of our obsolescent and inoperable hand me downs that we've used to the maximum possible utility, in order to pointlessly drain your manpower and budget?

You see we don't actually have all that big a force left over anyway.

Nogovans: Errr no, you can just scrap them you know.

Heh, I would like to see Latvia turning down our old worn out AK4's and TGB's. I guess the same would apply for Nogova and the Czech. R wink_o.gif And I can guarantee you that they wouldn't turn down any eventual aircraft that would be "donated" to them. Even how old it was. Well maybe not the old early 60's era ones but you get the drift.

I agree with the idea of using the BAE Hawk. In my opinion, this arcraft is best suited for the Nogovan Airforces needs.

Yes they would, might I add that Latvia has made extensive use of second hand or surplus US equipment from BDUs to M16s.

In fact as I recall the only thing that distinguished Latvian troops from US at the last major PFP exercise was a tiny little shoulder tape with Latvia written on it.

Everyone seems to live in this fantasy world where 3x F-16s at $1000 each = 3x Operational F-16s for $3000

In reality the equation is 3x F-16s at $1000ea + Ground radar (starts at 40million) + overhaul(2m)+ Plus crew training (1-3m) + fast jet supporting airfield (10-20m)= 1-2 Operational F-16s.

The same logic applies to any aircraft that is worth operating, MiG-15/17s serve no purpose when you have access to PC-9s which are just as fast, cheaper to maintain and more flexible.

To make real fighters viable you need either an extensive infrastructure to start with as is the case of most of the MiG-23 operators, a large force to scale down and cannabilise (as with all European Fishbed operators) and a sufficient return on your expenditure in terms of security.

Now in the small terms of Nogova the focus should be on a small cheap but extemely reliable fleet that can be called upon to conduct Vigilance patrols and army coop training all year round, any small country operating a high performance fighter will be forced to leave a lot of the fleet on the ground at any one time, Trainers like the Hawk or even light fighters like the 21 or Tiger can fulfill the vigilance function make it impossible for enemy aircraft to violate Nogovan airspace without an act of war, and also keep the army trained in tasks like directing CAS which might be provided by Allied aircraft in a war.

lmao always makes me laugh when the "experts" come out of the woodwork.

Supah m8 you just do what you wanna do ;)