Sign in to follow this  
bazik_

Cheaters creating m1a1 or cluster bombs

I hope BI is working on a patch to prevent people from using cheats with modified .cpp files.

This game starts to get annoying when you have to restart every map because another moron spawned a m1a1 and starts TKing everyone. I had this two times today on two different servers (both 1.94) and it really pisses me off.

Can I please get a answer from any BI offical regarding this way of cheating? Will we have a patch to prevent it before OFP2 gets released?

Checkfiles will detect it. The modified config message is displayed. Sadly nobody pays attention to it anymore, probably because of all of the soundpacks and servers with ongoing modified file message problems.

haha!!

I tried that cheat thing a few times. What I did was made my m60 machine gun, bis version and bas version, with explosive rounds. went into game, started playing, people were wondering where the fuck that was coming from.......they though I had a shilka or something, but it was in CTI so no one really caught on tounge_o.gif

Well, we are a coop server. While cheating in adversery games (tdm/ctf) is already a bad thing, in coop it's just sad. What do people get out of it but ruining the others gameplay? We ban anyone coming on our server who is discovered cheating like that.

The modified config stuff is in no way helpfull, as there's too many people using DR, GMR and/or ECP. Things we don't consider cheats.

how do they cheat im interested

(i dunno how to play online please help)

(i promise not to use cheats online)

(im wantin to know cause ittl be fun just to run in with unlimited health)

haha!!

I tried that cheat thing a few times. What I did was made my m60 machine gun, bis version and bas version, with explosive rounds. went into game, started playing, people were wondering where the fuck that was coming from.......they though I had a shilka or something, but it was in CTI so no one really caught on tounge_o.gif

I hate people like you. You are not funny.

the only way to avoid that, is checkfiles on weapons, merged, bins, etc... and Equalmodrequired=1 on server.cfg with 1.94...

without equalmodrequired, all filechecks are unuseful...

Should say modified config file - cfg/

Most of the other things don't say that I believe.

Should say modified config file - cfg/

WHAT should say cfg? Afaik the newest version of ecp says only cfg, older ones had the subdivision message (just like dynamic range)...

Quote[/b] ]I hate people like you. You are not funny.

I agree Bazik_, actualy Im very surprised that someone brags about stupid behaviour like that, certenly in a place like this.

I dont mean to sound like a priest but bmgarcangel, you should realise your jokes are ruining the fun of the game for a lot of people.

mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]WHAT should say cfg? Afaik the newest version of ecp says only cfg, older ones had the subdivision message (just like dynamic range)...

This type of cheat should give the message modified config file - cfg/

haha!!

I tried that cheat thing a few times.  What I did was made my m60 machine gun, bis version and bas version, with explosive rounds.  went into game, started playing, people were wondering where the fuck that was coming from.......they though I had a shilka or something, but it was in CTI so no one really caught on  tounge_o.gif

Get yourself some help.

If this is your sense of fun, you are surely in trouble.

People like you cheating on MP should be banned forever, you are really not worth for gaming along us.

haha!!

I tried that cheat thing a few times.  What I did was made my m60 machine gun, bis version and bas version, with explosive rounds.  went into game, started playing, people were wondering where the fuck that was coming from.......they though I had a shilka or something, but it was in CTI so no one really caught on  tounge_o.gif

Hey, erm could i have your OFP Name and ID to ban you from our server? That for being so stupid.

Quote[/b] ]Well, we are a coop server. While cheating in adversery games (tdm/ctf) is already a bad thing, in coop it's just sad. What do people get out of it but ruining the others gameplay? We ban anyone coming on our server who is discovered cheating like that.

The modified config stuff is in no way helpfull, as there's too many people using DR, GMR and/or ECP. Things we don't consider cheats.

Yea your lucky, you had your server locked, and not as many d***heads come onto your server. Like bmgarcangel. I also agree with Bazik, and belive that cheaters should just f**k off mad_o.gif

How to make it clear to everybody that OCCASIONAL (or claimed so) cheating is NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL.

It looks like some people think they can cheat sometimes for fun.

Damn people, if it's acceptable that some people do that for fun even once you won't have a game without at least one "occasional" cheater.

One cheater = several/a lot of player's fun ruined !

You cheat once, you deserve perpetual ban, and that's it.

Ok, that doesnt sound liberal, but come on !!

off with the ranting, i love you guys ;)

Also there are some stupid idiots out there that come on the server and go :

Quote[/b] ]Damn it! This cheat script doesnt work

and then say that they aint cheaters. They say they aint cheaters because the cheat didnt work. But they are cheaters because they had the intention to cheat. mad_o.gif

@ Dec. 25 2003,18:02)]But they are cheaters because they had the intention to cheat.  mad_o.gif

of course...

marry xmas to citerz too...

will santa show them the right way? crazy_o.gif

I can't understand why some people feel the need to cheat in MP. I mean, in SP, you're just cheating yourself out of the satisfaction you get when you manage to pull through a tough situation by the skin of your teeth. But if you cheat in MP, you're just saying "hey, I'm a loser who can't win unless I cheat, and I lack the basic common decency to compete on a fair playing field because, so everyone shun me, okay?"

There should be something built into OFP that causes cheaters' PCs to explode, peppering their faces with shards of glass and bits of burning motherboard and scarring them for life. Harsh, but fair, I'll think you'll find biggrin_o.gif

May i just point something out here. I dont not in anyway cheat, will cheat or will accept a cheater as fun for me.

But my point is that to a Cheater it is fun. Cheater opinion

God mode in games is fun fro a while, SP or MP, I couldnt careless if a 32 year old on the other side of the ocean doesnt like what I do. If i want to have fun by being above everyone else, no one will stop me. If i can find a way to do so, good for me, Mr X, C and Miss Z can all play how they like and I will play how I like.

Again, that view is not mine, but will you get rid of it? Never

in SP thats fine, but when you come on to ruin other peoples fun, thats not fine

Acid, im not saying it is fine, I am merely pointing out that where people will bitch, moan and create morasl guidelines for everyone else to follow, the large majority will listen and respect, but there are and will always be people out there who HAVE to be better, who MUST havethe edge etc. You cannot get rid of it, Human Nature, just look at drugs in Olympic's etc.

Acid, im not saying it is fine, I am merely pointing out that where people will bitch, moan and create morasl guidelines for everyone else to follow, the large majority will listen and respect, but there are and will always be people out there who HAVE to be better, who MUST havethe edge etc. You cannot get rid of it, Human Nature, just look at drugs in Olympic's etc.

That's why they will be banned, when they get caught, that  simple. No need of moaning or what ever.

But my point is that to a Cheater it is fun. [Cheater's opinion:]

God mode in games is fun fro a while, SP or MP, I couldnt careless if a 32 year old on the other side of the ocean doesnt like what I do. If i want to have fun by being above everyone else, no one will stop me. If i can find a way to do so, good for me, Mr X, C and Miss Z can all play how they like and I will play how I like.

Again, that view is not mine, but will you get rid of it? Never

See, that's the stupidity of it. Cheaters force others not to play as they want. If I want to play without cheats, the cheater's coming on and dicking around screws me out of a what I want to play. You've hit the nail on the head there. But I want to show cheaters the kind of game I want to play with them- it would have ragdoll physics, realistic wounds, and a car battery; an excellent stress reliever that would be after playing pretty much anything online. Ah well... At least I know these are the kinds of people who usually wind up in a jail on the charge of shoplifting with a large, scary man as a cellmate. Too bad they rarely see the light before then.

Back in the good ol' days of Half-Life, a mod called The Opera was released. It featured action-movie style stunts and weaponry, and it was good. Especially good when you got on a server and "roleplayed," forming teams of gangs, police, and vigilantes and letting a battle erupt. But the real greatest feature of it was that it scanned the user's hard drive for cheats before connecting. Any cheats for any mod of Half-Life would do- whether for The Opera or Counter-Strike. When someone came on to the server with a cheat detected message, I had no weapons but a knife as I had been disarmed, but I simply yelled "Get the cheater!" and tackled him to death. His rounds were ineffective and he could never damage us because of the cheats. After tackling and knifing all the cheaters I saw over several days, they got the message and there weren't very many for a while.

I wish there were anti-cheat systems like that in every game. It worked, it prosecuted all cheaters, and it was thoroughly humiliating. I would have scripted it to make the cheater hold a giant, "Im stoopid!!1" sign over his head, though.

We need an email list for all server admins so we can pass around a blacklist of UserIDs of known cheaters.

That way a cheater is not only banned from 1 server, but all servers simultaneously, thus discouraging even the "occasional" cheater.

i'll start it off, my email is adamm_@hotmail.com, use subject like OFP SERVER BLACKLIST otherwise i'll never see it smile_o.gif