Sign in to follow this  
Doc. Zaius

The u.s. soldier named time's man of the year

Quote[/b] ]Time Magazine's cover for the Dec. 29- Jan. 5 issue shows three American military personnel representing the 'Anonymous American Soldier' chosen by Time to be the magazine's 2003 Person of the Year. The American soldier, who bears the duty of ``living with and dying for a country's most fateful decisions,'' was named Sunday, Dec. 21, 2003 as Time's Person of the Year.

Yahoo news

Edit: Wrong link (sort of.)

Yeah, very bad choice. TIME magizine is obviously losing it's balls. The "TIME Man of the Year" is supposed to be a person who got most publicity in the past year or who made the biggest impact in some way. Earlier recipients have been for instance Winston Churchill, Stalin and Hitler.

This year it should have been Bush or Saddam.

Quote[/b] ]For being a POW?

Has she ever been a POW ?

The Time magazine result only shows me whom I don´t trust and rely on anymore.

US soldiers are betrayed when it comes to the reasons for the US war. A lot of them have to die until the US public finally recognizes what everyone else knew prior the war.

Hey FS, what´s up with the WMD´s?

Ah forget it.

Quote[/b] ]Nah, for all that atention.

Don´t you think that all about her story is a lie ?

I´m sorry, but she was NOT attacked by Iraqi forces.

She was injured because they got lost, although they had GPS. They got lost and had an accident.

She was taken to Iraqi hospital and the medical team tried to bring her back to US forces.  But the US forces refused to take her.

Instead of that they dramatized her rescue with the right cameraman and NV pictures, that were totally unnessesary, because the hospital was lit al over.

IT WAS A FAKE !

goddamnit!

If you check out the camera man´s name and search a Lucas Arts webpage you´ll get an idea...

Quote[/b] ]Nah, for all that atention.

<snip>

Balschoiw, have you ever heard the American phrase, "There's no such thing as bad publicity"? In this case, just modify it to read, "There's no such thing as fake publicity".

I would think it would be far more appropriate to award the title to the Iraqi republican guard. Severely outclassed, no air support, with constant bombardment and probably no sleep for close to 2 weeks, they still managed to hold out from a vastly superior army for weeks.

Yeah this one is wierd... Last thing I expected of time magazine...

I aggree with Denoir. It should dhave been bush as most influencial person of the year ( in a bad way)

I would think it would be far more appropriate to award the title to the Iraqi republican guard. Severely outclassed, no air support, with constant bombardment and probably no sleep for close to 2 weeks, they still managed to hold out from a vastly superior army for weeks.

Umm yeah...ok. rock.gif

Whatever. Give me a couple companies of South Carolina militiamen and I'll lock down an area the size of Iraq for at lest 3 months (depends on whether I can get Bubba to exercise proper fire discipline).

I aggree with Denoir. It should dhave been bush as most influencial person of the year ( in a bad way)

No, it should have been about people who aren't bush but look/looked like bush at a younger age.

they still managed to hold out from a vastly superior army for weeks.

Actually, they didn't. Most of them fled and they didn't even bother to defend Baghdad. Overall the only military force that proved itselfe capable were the Fedayeen Saddam.

No, it should have been about people who aren't bush but look/looked like bush at a younger age.

I get enough publicity as it is.