Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

Paradrop

hi, i wonder if someone have a script that makes a group paradrop from a plane (not a chopper) with 0.5 to 1 second interval between the men.

i have searched here and on ofpec (and all other places i can imagine) but not found what i´m looking for.

and since i´m incapable of scripting i dont know what to do but ask.

and, it´s ok to copy and paste the code here (so i can copy it to notepad)

thank´s

the paradrop scripts work on both planes and helos, theres no difference

you could use a basic script like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">a1 action ["EJECT",p1]

unassignVehicle A1

~0.5

a2 action ["EJECT",p1]

unassignVehicle A2

~0.5

a3 action ["EJECT",p1]

unassignVehicle A3

~0.5

a4 action ["EJECT",p1]

unassignVehicle A4

~0.5

a5 action ["EJECT",p1]

unassignVehicle A5

~0.5

call that something like paradrop.sqs then, make a trigger over the place you want the dropzone to be (remember to give the aircraft a waypoint to fly through the trigger) with <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this exec "paradrop.sqs"

in the activation

P1 is the name of the aircraft that they are jumping out of, A1-A5 are the names of the paratroopers (you can change those, just remember to change it in the script too)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

; Parachute

_aunits = units rus1

_i = 0

_j = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",Orel]

unassignvehicle (_aunits select _i)

_i=_i+1

~1

?_j>_i:goto "Here"

"unassignvehicle _x" forEach _aunits

exit

just copy and make into a script called out or something, and have the ai activate it whenever you want

this is one that I found from one of BIS missions, just name a group like in this one I named the group rus1, and the aircraft from which they jump, mine is Orel, and that would make them jump in order for all members of group.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_aunits = units playername

_i = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",planename]

_i = _i+1

~0.5

?_Max>_i:goto "Here"

exit

That's the best one as you don't have to name each soldier invividually. Playername is of course the players name and planename is the planes name. ~0.5 is the time between the jumps. Hope theres no typos. Should work. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Damn I'm slow! tounge_o.gif

thanks, i really hope this will work

hm, i don´t get it to work.... the plane just fly past the trigger without anyone jumping

in activation field i have tried [groupname,planename] exec "scriptname.sqs"

and groupname exec "scriptname.sqs" but i doesnt work

this is the code i use

_aunits = units playername

_i = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",planename]

_i = _i+1

~0.5

exit

Playername should be the group leaders name instead. My bad. If that's not it... Are the soldiers and the plane in the same group? They shouldn't be. Put the troops in the plane and make a waypoint for the plane and execute the script on activation. I'm too tired to think so I'll have to post something more helpful tomorrow. 12.00pm good night.

If you want to use the players group you could do this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_groupname = _this select 0

_veh = _this select 1

_aunits = units _groupname

_i = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",_veh]

_i = _i+1

~0.5

exit

[(group player), vehiclename] exec "script.sqs"

RED

first of all, i know how to use (and activate) scripts although i dont know how to script myself.

and im not very good at making missions (yet)

but, i want a paradrop script that i can use more then in one mission, and that doesnt matter if it´s the players group och an AI group (in this case its an AI)

it shouldnt matter how many units there is in the group either.

but my problem right now is that the code sample you guys have posted here doesnt activate at all, no matter how i try to activate it.

and im simply asking you to help me out with this quest so i someday can be as good as the rest of you at making missions and hopefully even release them in public some day smile_o.gif

so can anyone make a simple script and paste it here so i can make it into an .sqs file and use it in my mission? (you should test it so you know it works) ;)

thank you.

[] exec "scriptname.sqs"

into a trigger's On Activation field.

how large is your trigger?

if you have set

x and Y values to for instance 100 and the plane is traveling at 150, the trigger wont be triggered(as far as I noticed).

So perhaps just try to make it larger will help you.

its 500*50 and the plane travels at 110m

and as i said i KNOW how to activate a script in a trigger, but thanks anyway ;)

i still dont get it to work.

i have done that too but i does´nt help at all...

Have you downloaded the mission and looked at it?

also, is you in the group which is to be paradropped?

[ edit]

Nevermind, I tried it and my trigger and the script made by %name% worked.

we got it to work now, thanks... (i used the script in you demo mission)

i can say this, i have used paradrop script before without any problems, but now it didnt work... strange thing..