Sign in to follow this  
Sid

VBS -Explain.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from M79 on 10:56 pm on Dec. 2, 2001

King Kong , That is a Styer that the aussies are carrying , they also have a SAW and an AW50 for that sniper in the pic , it is NOT a SA80 , I think you need to go back to weps recognition cadet smile.gif

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it is a SA80

Do you even know how a SA80 looks like?

OFP could be the trial version for the VBS, because it lacts certain appeal of a full product for the US army. OFP being set in 1985 is too old for the army but it displays perfectly what can be done. By excluding what the army's needs, Modern vehicles, weapons, maybe a few more islands, and who knows what else, they get the army to buy a very expensive licence for the full package. Or maybe they just threw out a bunch of features and downgraded the technology to compose a a much cheaper product OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from xxxvader on 1:54 pm on Dec. 3, 2001

OFP could be the trial version for the VBS<span id='postcolor'>

I'm testing version 1.30 beta right this very moment. And you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Anathema on 3:42 pm on Dec. 3, 2001

When ordering a Dell workstation recently (in Australia, don't know about elsewhere), I was asked to agree not take/export it to around a dozen countries such as Israel and North Korea<span id='postcolor'>

Gee, I better call up Dell Israel in Tel Aviv and tell them to shut down their sales department fast!

oh, just read page 2. DOH!!!

It's deffo OFP with a new suit though, I just watched the Powerpoint pres, bloody #### does it look nice!

I have been reading the thread and most of the imformation here is way outdated or incorrect, once the new VBS website is completed you will see the new changes.

There will be a press release soon...

Kong , its simply buddy , the Aust. army does not use the SA80 becasue its s**t smile.gif

The standard infantry weapon for the Aust army id the AUG.

The Styer has a very different look, the barrels are different, the stocks, the foregrip, #### just look at the trigger assemble and the grip.

And besides , are you going to try and tell me the styer in OFP is an SA80?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from M79 on 11:15 pm on Dec. 3, 2001

Kong , its simply buddy , the Aust. army does not use the SA80 becasue its s**t smile.gif

The standard infantry weapon for the Aust army id the AUG.

The Styer has a very different look, the barrels are different, the stocks, the foregrip, #### just look at the trigger assemble and the grip.

And besides , are you going to try and tell me the styer in OFP is an SA80?

<span id='postcolor'>

No, just take a look at the shape, sights,

It looks more like an SA80 to me

splash1a.jpg

746.jpg

Kong

In the beginning... there was no VBS, the gaming community was without form and void... then Marek said, "Let there be Flashpoint", and it was so, and the gods saw Flashpoint, that it was good.

Flashpoint existed first... naturally such an engine as OFP's would translate easily into a military training sim. VBS did not pre-exist Flashpoint (later OFP). The oldest pics of Flashpoint (not VBS) show a VERY basic-looking attempt at a 3D sim. No such old pics of VBS exist, unless you realize that VBS is derived from Flashpoint.

--Uzi

Remember those pics of the LST with its hatch down and the soldiers in desert cammo that we seen before OFP, where do you think they are, maybe it was from a early version of VBS.

Kong , my apoligies , I was talking about a different pic , the ones in the screenshot directories , not main page.

And that looks like British cam to me ao It could be an SA80.