Sign in to follow this  
suchey

Marine assault pack

It has been fixed..It's not a pack update but a single "fixed medic" PBO file.

Check the link in my sig.... rock.gif

I dont think the medic is intented for public release so could you please remove the link from your post.

Edit: Link removed to stop people asking annoying questions

Check the link in my sig.... rock.gif

I dont think the medic is intented for public release so could you please remove the link from your post.

I was unaware that it was not a public download as i've only just strarted using these marines.I assumed as it was on your website that it was a free download and publicly available.I do appologise... smile_o.gif

The fact is, Suchey plays little, if at all Operation Flashpoint anymore - it's not even installed.

But as requested here's a Russian tanker. It's beta. Refer to the Marine Assault Pack's main readme for all the stuff you need to know. It requires the Marine Assault Pack (duh). Find him under East>Russian Naval Infantry>Russian Armored Crew...

SUCHtank.gif

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/SUCHtank.zip

Don't be too sad though. One day there might be a marine corps tanker done too, but when, I do not know...

PS: Please don't make a new thread about it... just continue using this one...

Woohoo wow_o.gif . Now theres something i always wanted for the Vitapc pack, it sure was unexpected wooot!!!

Suchey should definetly return to us to make the usmc pilots and crew and rni pilots, my favorite soldier pack just got one more unit biggrin_o.gif .

Thanks alot BD, its definetly most welcome unit to my addon folder, really apretiated biggrin_o.gif .

Very nice, thanks Suchey wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

BTW, Have you seen photos of a Abrams tank commander shooting his M4 at the insurgents? Cools stuff. It shows not only the equipment they use but the the way they operate in tight places

blackdog this wouldnt happen to be the suchey tank crew that was sitting on the rhs ftp would tounge_o.gif

if its not are there any improvements?

They are private squad addons that will never be used by the public. I have nothing to do with except for using them with the squad. Please, stop asking about addons on that page, they are for the squad only. If you want them, join. Simple really aint it wink_o.gif

You'd have to PM or add me to msn so you can ask questions and avoid making this thread go off topic wink_o.gif

Edit: Grammer - The Spawn Of Satan! crazy_o.gif

blackdog this wouldnt happen to be the suchey tank crew that was sitting on the rhs ftp would tounge_o.gif

if its not are there any improvements?

Yup =)

I gave him a default weapon of Earl's AKSU, since it looks like RHS is not doing anything at the moment (or ever).

It fits very nicely with RHS naval versions of the T64 and also vitapc pack, this small unit makes a huge diference for me, thanks again for releasing it BD smile_o.gif .

I have a question about the east units of this great pack.

Actually i am testing several east units to replace BIS models by some of those user created units.

While testing the MAP itself (i tested it with no other addons) , i ran into a problem, and as i read no mention of it maybe i am doing something wrong.

When a MAP russian unit is shot in the face , the BIS "horror movie" face texture wound is not appearing, the face of the units stay "clean" whatever number of bullets i can shot (i even detonated 3 satchel charges near a naval spetznaz face and always nothing).

Is this normal (for whatever design reason) or is this related to the tacevents effects (or in a possible mistake in the config.cpp) ?

All the other wounds of those east units are showing perfectly, but the all the dead east units always having a "clean face" after some heavy gunshot or massive explosion when my west Hyk infantry'80 units faces are totally ravaged lead to an out of place situation on the field.

So judging by the quality of those East units i would really like to use them in my BIS replacements, i hope someone can help me to figure out where is located the problem.

EDIT : i finally sorted out the problem myself, i put this here if someone run into this problem

In the MAP units config.cpp the wounds are defined by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"wounds[]={\SUCHrus\armorflora.paa",

"\SUCHrus\damarmorflora.paa",

"\SUCHrus\tigerarmL.paa",

"\SUCHrus\damtigerarm.paa",

"\SUCHrus\tigerarmR.paa",

"\SUCHrus\damtigerarm.paa",

"\SUCHrus\tigerlegR.paa",

"\SUCHrus\damtigerlegR.paa",

};

as an example for the spetzanz unit.

I changed this to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">wounds[]={"xicht_a.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_b.paa","xicht_a_

zranen","xicht_c.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_d.paa",&q

uot;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_e.paa","xicht_e_zranen","xicht_f.

paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_g.paa","xicht_a_zranen",&q

uot;xicht_h.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_i.paa","xicht_a_zra

nen","xicht_j.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_k.paa","

;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_m.paa

","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_n.paa","xicht_a_zranen","

;xicht_o.paa","xicht_o_zranen","xicht_p.paa","xicht_a_zranen

","xicht_q.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_r.paa","xi

cht_a_zranen","xicht_s.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_t.paa&qu

ot;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_u.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xi

cht_v.paa","xicht_v_zranen","xicht_w.paa","xicht_w_zranen&qu

ot;,"xicht_x.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_y.paa","xicht

_a_zranen","xicht_z.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2a.paa"

;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2b.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xic

ht_2c.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2d.paa","xicht_v_zranen&q

uot;,"xicht_2e.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2f.paa","xi

cht_a_zranen","xicht_2g.paa","xicht_w_zranen","xicht_2h.paa&

quot;,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2i.paa","xicht_a_zranen","

;xicht_2j.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2k.paa","xicht_a_zran

en","xicht_2l.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2m.paa",&quo

t;xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2n.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2o.

paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2p.paa","xicht_2p_zranen",

"xicht_2q.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2r.paa","xicht_e

_zranen","xicht_2s.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2t.paa"

,"xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2u.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xich

t_2v.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2w.paa","xicht_w_zranen&qu

ot;,"xicht_2x.paa","xicht_a_zranen","xicht_2y.paa","xic

ht_a_zranen","xicht_2z.paa","xicht_a_zranen","\SUCHrus\armorflora.paa","\SUCHrus\damarmorflora.paa","\SUCHrus\tigerarmL.paa","\SUCHrus\damtigerarm.paa","\SUCHrus\tigerarmR.paa","\SUCHrus\damtigerarm.paa","\SUCHrus\tigerlegR.paa","\SUCHrus\damtigerlegR.paa"};

following the example of other units i inserted in my modified config and it fixed the problem , MAP russian units faces are totally ravaged with the "horror movie" BIS face wound like the others units.

EDIT2 : i don't understand why the forum is killing the codes up there, making things like if i went to the line several time when in fact everything is on the same line.

I believe that it was an intentional design decision.... but I'll have to check.

Well I actually went out and did it.  With Suchey's permission I upgraded the Marine Pack.  No major changes or anything (sorry no new weapons), just tweaked out all the bugs that I could.  Here is a list of version 1.1 changes.

1.  Fixed the Desert USMC Medic so he can heal

2.  Fixed the BS1 grenade launcher so it can use the BS1vests

3.  Improvement of the AI's aim with the SMAW/RPG (so they don't miss all the time).

4.  Fixed the Javelin Launcher so the AI can use it without blowing self up.

5.  Allowed the Javelin to target Air targets

6.  Added USMC and Russian Snipers (using the BIS M21 and SVD)

7.  Added USMC soldiers equipped with the c8xM16A2

8.  Added Grenade Launcher Vests, RPGs, SMAWs, Javelins, and Javelin Rockets to the Ammocrates

9. Added many New USMC and Russian Naval Infantry units

11. Allowed weapons to use BIS mags, grenades, and mortars

12. Added new groups for editor

This version won't cause any conflicts with missions made using the original.   Just replace all your old files with the new ones.  

Let me know what you think...

http://icm.klan-host.com/SUCHmarines.rar

Cheers,

Mako

PS. this link won't be around for long as my clan is no longer active.  So if someone could host it that would be much appreciated.

Is there any chance you could add the M40A1 sniper rifle I made for the pack?  I can send you the URL for it...its just for the desert Marines however as the rifle is in desert cammo.

Also, you might want to ask King Homer for permission to include his SR-25 and M82A1 sniper rifles in the pack. Here at LoBo we made new ammo for them if you want RUFUS .50 cal HE/API rounds.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

PS. this link won't be around for long as my clan is no longer active.  So if someone could host it that would be much appreciated.

Im downloading it now but because im on 56k it'll take a few hours to get it and upload it. If people could be kind enough to wait for the mirror so I can actually get the file it will be helpful tounge_o.gif

Have you made the SMAWs/RPGs more powerful? IMO they are very under powered.

Edit: Mirror isnt going to happen anytime soon, my ISP's playing up mad_o.gif

Edit2: Another bloke from OFPCentral with DSL is uploading it, eta 40 mins wink_o.gif

What are the models you selected to create the west and east snipers ?

And can you explain a bit more what are those new units you added for each side ?

Sounds like a good job to update this good pack.

9. Added many New USMC and Russian Naval Infantry units

What would the new units be may i ask rock.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Have you made the SMAWs/RPGs more powerful? IMO they are very under powered.

Er... no, this pack was aimed at more realistic gameplay, so i really liked to see APC's disabled with one hit instead of exploding, really makes the APC's more usefull in combat, for armored units just use the Jav or call in air support smile_o.gif .

BIS should have used the same values in their units, the rpg/law is the ubber/lame anti air and armor of OPF sad_o.gif .

Fortunately, BIS already toned down the LAW/RPG

When i remember that before 1.30 , the LAW/RPG could destroy a squad in a huge array, it was even more usefull than using HEAT from a tank, it made things really too much easy.

But i agree, they are always actually too much powerfull that they left without purpose the need of the one shot-only "i can't destroy t80/M1A1 so i am dead" AT4/Carl Gustav