suchey

Marine assault pack

just have to say the weapons look very dam good

theyre the best ive seen

as for the usmc

it was worth the wait

no more teaser screenshots

just mission fun

Firts of all perfect addon. especially the textures from clothes from the soldiers look great

Don't know if this is already mentioned but soldiers with javelins don't seem to fire them.

sad_o.gif

Don't know if this is already mentioned but soldiers with javelins don't seem to fire them.

sad_o.gif

It has already been mentioned. Basically because the Javelin has to be fired diagonally upwards even when targeting a vehicle on a horizontal plane, the AI couldn't handle it - if they were 'allowed' to use it they would fire it directly at the target and the missile would drop out of the launcher, hit the deck and waste half your squad.

Edit: typo.

The thing is I could care less to make SP missions Tex. playing by myself with OFP blowing away retarded AI is about as fun as watching grass grow. COOP and C&H Adverserial is where it's at.  ;) Because we had so many Beta versions, and lots of testing with diferent things, most of my COOP's still need updating...

just played my first made missions with these us usmc and force recon mixed with bas deltas

and i must say a very good superb ai

i love it

the weapons especially

i feel now that the bullets do fly really fast at last

Love the SAW!!!!!!! Took out 3 out of 4 squads with it whilest providing cover for the rest of my squad while they secured some hostages followed by another 2 squads whilest covering my squad whilst moving to extraction biggrin_o.gif

I have some suggestions for the next update (If theres going to be one)

I think you should remove the "Saddam Ace of spade" card from the soldiers, it looks really silly IMO.

ummm.. i freaking love that little card up there.. it just makes them look more.. dunno how to say but "Fieldy".. keep the card... the only thing id want to see changed thats do-able is a unit labeled Officer to take the spot of the guy with no helmet.. and change the Squad Leader with the Helmet.. havent seen to many marines in action with that little officers cap... and just a couple of snipers, one for each side.. no new models or anything.. just the a sniper weapon.. the West could use the guy with the boonie hat.. and East with the thing the spetz natz wear.

Overall good work.. :-) that makes the pack extra perfect.

But, Saddam is already captured, and it looks silly with several soldiers with the same card in their helmet... in the same place, its rather silly IMO

Though, the rest I agree on

Edit: Typo

Look at the BAS soldiers, they all look the exact same but you don't care, do you?

At least these have variety.

I do like that they look the same, i do like that they look like that they dont look like individuals, because if i set 6 rifleman (or what model that has the card, i cant remember) next to each other, they all have the same uniform (thats good), but they all have that card in their helmet (Not good)... IMO.

I like that the rifleman and machinegunner looks different, with different ammo pouches (vest) etc. but i dont like that that most of them have that card in their helmet

Thats my opinion...

The only thing I really would love to see in a future "booster pack" is a nicely modelled Yargin PYa or a SPS , as I am tired of the old TT-33 wich went out of service in 1951 or somewhere therabaouts.

I have some suggestions for the next update (If theres going to be one)

I think you should remove the "Saddam Ace of spade" card from the soldiers, it looks really silly IMO.

ummm.. i freaking love that little card up there.. it just makes them look more.. dunno how to say but "Fieldy".. keep the card... the only thing id want to see changed thats do-able is a unit labeled Officer to take the spot of the guy with no helmet.. and change the Squad Leader with the Helmet.. havent seen to many marines in action with that little officers cap... and just a couple of snipers, one for each side.. no new models or anything.. just the a sniper weapon.. the West could use the guy with the boonie hat.. and East with the thing the spetz natz wear.

Overall good work.. :-) that makes the pack extra perfect.

But, Saddam is already captured, and it looks silly with several soldiers with the same card in their helmet... in the same place, its rather silly IMO

Though, the rest I agree on

Edit: Typo

Look at the BAS soldiers, they all look the exact same but you don't care, do you?

At least these have variety.

I do like that they look the same, i do like that they look like that they dont look like individuals, because if i set 6 rifleman (or what model that has the card, i cant remember) next to each other, they all have the same uniform (thats good), but they all have that card in their helmet (Not good)... IMO.

I like that the rifleman and machinegunner looks different, with different ammo pouches (vest) etc. but i dont like that that most of them have that card in their helmet

Thats my opinion...

Most of them? I have only found two models with the card on their helmets. Namely the automatic rifleman in desert MARPAT, and the fireteam leader in regular MARPAT rock.gif

And what squad needs five automatic riflemen and five fireteam leaders at the same place?

The thing is I could care less to make SP missions Tex. playing by myself with OFP blowing away retarded AI is about as fun as watching grass grow. COOP and C&H Adverserial is where it's at.  ;) Because we had so many Beta versions, and lots of testing with diferent things, most of my COOP's still need updating...

I didn't mean single player, or even coop. I almost never play coops, let alone singleplayer missions. I just like having a large variety of C&H missions so that things don't get stale.

The "bloodmod" won't work out of the box with these units because the MAP eventHandlers override the config.bin mod. You could probably add scripted EH's to the MAP troops though.

@Dreday: I quite like the fact that they have an RPG-16 since eevery Russian addon nowadays uses Kegetys' RPG-7.

I like to sacrifice a little bit of realism for some variation. smile_o.gif

I don't mind using the RPG-16 either, my only point was that it does not look like the real RPG-16 becasue of the external granades.

I am not trying to critisize the team in any way. I see this as helping them with usefull coments, instead of another "This pack kicks ass" kind of post(which it does by the way). I just hope that they keep this information in mind when they make updates to their pack.  It should be an easy fix anyways.

I am not trying to critisize the team in any way. I see this as helping them with usefull coments, instead of another "This pack kicks ass" kind of post(which it does by the way). I just hope that they keep this information in mind when they make updates to their pack.  It should be an easy fix anyways.

I agree completely. smile_o.gif

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for yet another high quality addon! Kudos to everyone involved and Merry Christmas....

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

The "bloodmod" won't work out of the box with these units because the MAP eventHandlers override the config.bin mod.  You could probably add scripted EH's to the MAP troops though.

Or you could modify config.cpp to make them ECP compilant. Read more about it here. Something to fix, should there ever be update. rock.gif

These units and weapons are bloody fantastic. I really like the weapons, not only do they look so much better than anything else out there, they are super fun to play with. You guys really must have tweaked these for playability. It would be nice in the future to see a PK and maybe a dragunov but other than that this pack is simply superb. well done smile_o.gif

Sorrry guys i made some missions with these Marines and it seems they have a very poor AI control for some reason and i DON KNOW WHY sad_o.gif ....

I remade by old Ranger missions (BAS) with these Marines and these guys got slaughtered they are terrible at mduim-long range contacts , maybe its got to do with their weapons or something? I had them as Colonels and Majors ranks too so they were supposed to kick the heck out of those Res guys but they failed everytime and this is happening in nearly all of my missions. crazy_o.gif

Sorry but it seems these are a MP's addons and not more of a SP friendly adddon. IN MP thy should be fine since human control i their but AI in these is somehow horrible or maybe this is just one of those OFP incidents but still i have tsted them through 7-8 missions already and same rsponse.

@ Jocko dude not everyone has a fancy high speed Net connection lots of us enjoy SP missions too, and they are a whole lot mor 'fun' too then youre making them to be rock.gif

Nice work chaps biggrin_o.gif

any decent co-ops ready for these blokes yet?

I remade by old Ranger missions (BAS) with these Marines
...Is it possible to remade default (BIS) SP missions and MP missions or any other user made missions with these soldiers ?

I remade by old Ranger missions (BAS) with these Marines
...Is it possible to remade default (BIS) SP missions and MP missions or any other user made missions with these soldiers ?

Yes you can dude just depbo the campaign and they are all there wink_o.gif

Sorrry guys i made some missions with these Marines and it seems they have a very poor AI control for some reason and i DON KNOW WHY  sad_o.gif ....

I remade by old Ranger missions (BAS) with these Marines and these guys got slaughtered they are terrible at mduim-long range contacts , maybe its got to do with their weapons or something? I had them as Colonels and Majors ranks too so they were supposed to kick the heck out of those Res guys but they failed everytime and this is happening in nearly all of my missions.  crazy_o.gif

Sorry but it seems these are a MP's addons and not more of a SP friendly adddon. IN MP thy should be fine since human control i their but AI in these is somehow horrible or maybe this is just one of those OFP incidents but still i have tsted them through 7-8 missions already and same rsponse.

@ Jocko dude not everyone has a fancy high speed Net connection lots of us enjoy SP missions too, and they are a whole lot mor 'fun' too then youre making them to be  rock.gif

Hmm.. I haven't tested them at long range but they seem to do better then the BIS soldiers in close quarters combat like on the Tonal maps in cities for example. But yeah that might be a problem if the BIS Russian troops are engaging them at much longer ranges then they engage at. sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>