Sign in to follow this  
The Frenchman

(un)expected occurences with other ofp players

Well this thread was inspired of what happened a few minutes ago. I was playing a MP game on the HALO demo for PC when suddenly someone named Drewb99 connected. It was unplanned and very odd indeed. (forum member here) crazy_o.gif

Post your experiences smile_o.gif

Heh, I got a good "Its a small world" one.

I once played with a guy a couple of time in MP named Farmcoot, but didn't know much more about him but then he dropped off the map (I later learned he went off the the Persian Gulf if I remember correctly). About 8 months later, I was browsing a local airsoft forum, and a guy named "Farmcoot" was there and he saw me and said "Sgt. Milkman from OFP?" Turns out we live in neighboring towns. I have yet to play in an airsoft match with him though. ghostface.gif

I haven't met anyone like that, but I was introduced to OFP by a friend smile_o.gif .

I am not sure that it was our good moderator, but I did play with a guy one time named Ex-Ronin. Other than that I haven't really, but there is a guy on the alliedassault forums named Col. Klink, wonder if it is the same one who makes ofp mods.

It has happened that someone knew about OFP when I've been chatting with JAP on AA when we're dead about editing missions etc tounge_o.gif Don't recall recognizing anyone though. ahh tired

I met ViperLB9 (USMC beta tester) in an Americas Army pipeline game. :]

Competely random!

i play under different names for different games, and met someone from the forum. unfortunately he/she was on enemy side and i had to shoot his head off. crazy_o.gif

LOL Balschoiw. biggrin_o.gif

So that's the bike they modelled for Resistance.

I met HLQ2ACTION in NS and also Rag Tag(swe) who claims it is not the same person tounge_o.gif

The one that has been bugging me for a while is whether or not the OFP addon maker named DarkNova is the same DarkNova who did the funniest stuff ever for Quake (aka Lamerkatz). Never got a reply to that one sad_o.gif

Lamerkatz

LOL iNeo i try that once too,

the only difference is that he knew my from this forum tounge_o.gif

but i never knew him biggrin_o.gif

ok heres one from me my local football team is called morton!!

and theres a place in scotland called malden wink_o.gif

I met harnu once in an MP game. There's also at least one town around here called "morton".

Guess whom I met in AA earlier tonight smile_o.gif

fetishfool.jpg

FetishFool tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:7.01pt;line-height:100%'>Chat text goes from bottom to top.</span>

i have met tons on ppl in mp games. I also have had many occurances of meeting ppl from ofp playing other games. you might believe it or not, but the gamer world is pretty small

Met tons of players in Americas Army, including a certain crazy swede tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif Seems as though its really popular amongst ofp players.

Well i didn t meet too many ofp players at AA.

But i mostly play CSAR or Weapons Cache SE for the CQB fun of it cause ofp kinda sucks in that department.

If i wanna play wide open spaces ... OFP is my number 1 choice.

Yeah met Fetish too last night. I m -=[The_Sinner]=- in that text file ...  smile_o.gif

Too bad i cant use my regular nick in aa ... was kinda tired being called a racist by those CS kiddies.

Cheers

Still bugging me ... Who is RR that fetish is talking about ?

RR = Ralph Rigrumm?

And I have only stumbled upon unknown OFP-players whilst playing other games. Most never got resistance sad_o.gif

There was this one guy, DrStrangeLove who I met in OFP.

Then I met him in Half-Life,

AND THEN I met him in Star Wars Galaxies.

To meet somebody you know in SWG, on the same server, same planet, same time is very rare.

Maybey we were meant to be ;)

p.s. Yea RR is Rocks Raiders