Sign in to follow this  
PSC

M1a - a1

I'm working on this M1A-A1 for my dune buggy crew:

m14a1_01.jpg

And my question is, does it have 2 fire modes like full auto and single shot? Or does it just have one fire mode, some kind of slow full auto?

Regards, PSC blues.gif

Caliber: 7.62 NATO (.308 Winchester)

Barrel: 18", Twist: 1 turn in 11 inches, right hand, six-groove.

Mechanism: Rotating bolt, gas operated, air cooled, semi-automatic magazine fed rifle.

Capacity: 20 round box magazine

Sights: Front: Military square post Battle Sights

Rear: Military aperture with MOA adjustments for both windage and elevation. 22 3/4" sight radius

Size: Weight : Fiberglass 9 pounds, Walnut 9.3 pounds

Length: 40 1/2" long

Trigger Pull: 5 to 6 lbs., two-stage military trigger.

it says semi-automatic, so i think it has only one fire mode.

Looks like the A Team gun

Hey, I've always wondered about that rifle!

Is this it?

If not, could you give some more info about this rifle, I've never even heard about it. sad_o.gif

Thanks. smile_o.gif

I think that some of these have full auto modes. Like with the M14's used in Vietnam, I belive some had full auto modes and some did not. But I would make it semi-auto only as I think that was most common.

semi-automatic magazine fed rifle

Looks like it's just semi automatic. I thought it had an automatic mode like the M14 as well.

As far as I know the M1A is some kind of commercial M14. And I think it's the A-Team gun. Dunno exactly though.

M1A Link

Exotic_M14_2.jpg

:putsanorackon:

The gun used by the A-team was the Ruger Mini-14, which was basically a scaled-down M14 chambered for 5.56mm ammunition.

The basic M14 (and I suspect the M1A you're talking about) was semi-automatic only. The M1A1 had a full auto mode but no burst, the M1E1 had a full auto mode, heavy barrel, inline stock and bipod, and you know about the M21.

:takesanorackoffandwandersaway:

That rifle looks like an M-14 with modifications, such as the prominent folding skeleton stock. Perhaps it is an M-14 variation for special-operations and paratroop units, vehicle crews as well...

I find it hard to believe that there would be a fully-automatic feature on an M-14SK-ST (Skeleton-Stock) like that, as the majority were jammed down on Semi-auto all the time... that rifle there would seem uncontrollable in full-auto modes of fire.

AK

The A-team most often used the "AC556s" if I remember the name correctly (it is mentioned in a few of the A-team episodes) I think it is the full auto version of the Ruger mini 14.

Quote[/b] ]I find it hard to believe that there would be a fully-automatic feature on an M-14SK-ST (Skeleton-Stock) like that, as the majority were jammed down on Semi-auto all the time... that rifle there would seem uncontrollable in full-auto modes of fire.

I've never heard of an M-14 that was controllable in full auto tounge_o.gif .

My mistake; the full rock and roll M14 was produced in limited numbers; the beast I thought was the M14E1 was actually the M14A1; with its obvious differences, it was intended to replace the BAR as the M60 was intended to replace the M1919 series.

An M14A1 "LSW":

467m14e.jpg

Have you considered using JAM for that weapon and having it function like the M14 they included but using your model instead?

I'm definately looking forward to pack 4 I'm using packs 1-3 for my current mini campaign Operation Valkyrie

Looks nice PSC, keep up the good work. Any close up shots of the buggy?

PS: three dogs replied in a row

wardog, blinkdog, blackdog biggrin_o.gif

In response to the earlier comments, I believe the A-Team gun was actaully a Ruger Mini-14, from memory:

ruger_ac566.gif

Yes, but can you remember the music?

Hum it now, don't download it!

Quote[/b] ]Yes, but can you remember the music?

NOOOOOO! You've got the music stuck in my head crazy_o.gif !

[bA] It's time to get physical, sucka![/bA]

Wasn't that a song by Olivia Newton-John?

I wish I hadn't said that; the image of Mr.T doing the video is not something I need this time of the morning.

PS: three dogs replied in a row

wardog, blinkdog, blackdog biggrin_o.gif

Well, the next question is:

Who let the dogs out?

Ok, just shoot me now. sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

[bA] It's time to get physical, sucka![/bA]

Wasn't that a song by Olivia Newton-John?

I wish I hadn't said that; the image of Mr.T doing the video is not something I need this time of the morning.

LMAO...BA doing a cover of "Physical"

hahahaa...Hadn't thought of it that way biggrin_o.gif

This is getting seriously offtopic...if no one else has anything relevant to contribute, I assume this can be closed...