Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Bridge fight - tonal

Hi All,

I am working on a modern era "Pegasus Bridge" style mission using the BAS Tonal Pack Addons, and wanted to release this early version for anyone who wants to beta test it and help out with some ideas.

Anyone who helps out will be credited (as always). The whole of the mission is intact and i am will be working on the cinematics and voices for the main characters.

Things to test:

Fun Factor

Difficulty Level

Lag

Bugs

and anything else i may have overlooked.

You can download it here:

Bridge Fight - Tonal - Beta Version

Thanks   biggrin_o.gif

Is yahoo screwing around again? i can e-mail it to anyone who has trouble with my yahoo group.

Nah found it i had suscribe first tounge_o.gif

Got the file now have to reinstall OFP becoz its giving me a stupid error , can anyone help me with that so i cant play OFP? The error just appeared today , heasd to the trouble shooting section if you can sad_o.gif

yeah great .. i´d like to test, but yahoo saiz i´m not a member of the group Winters  sad_o.gif

please send it to: burni@removed to prevent spam

thanks in advance

Hey Winters !

Downloaded the mission and played the mission without any problem, so here's the report :

* Briefing :

Paragraph a little too thick. May be enhance the fact that you've got radio.

Also consider separating the "Assault" and "Hold" objectives, and adding a "retry" between the two sections.

* Mission :

I played the mission like the typical brainless gamer mission-designers fear : I took the sniping rifle from one of my men, an AT launcher, and tried to go all the way by myself. You know what ? I did it.

I just remained on the hill you start on, and shot the guards one by one. When noone seemed to be around on my side of the river, I called 0-0-1, and me and my guys headed to the bridge. I shot a bunch of baddies on the other side, heard my men signal an enemy but I couldn't see him and noone was shooting.

Went to the house, saw the guy... he got me tounge_o.gif

Anyway, I somehow did it till the counter-attack (again, please a "retry" !), ordered two of my men in the MGs (there's no way I'm gonna use these tin caskets myself), set no mine or SCs, and waited.

Then came the best part, when you can hear the vehicles coming your way, and peeps start to shoot and you see nothing. Eventually I did see some baddies, and my men in the MGs did an awesome job. Well, when we managed to defeat the the wave on our side, it turned out that both of them had been K.I.A.

On the other side, though, things were getting hot, as the enemy had just wiped out the other squad.

Shot infantry guys one by one, too, and the same went for APCs, who couldn't drive across the bridge because its surface is not even.

Things then calmed down, I took a walk across the bridge (I could do it), there was noone around, went back... and the mission didn't end ? Am I missing something ?

So :

Fun Factor : I had fun.

Difficulty level : well managed ; the big thing that annoys me is that you have delta ammo boxes in the rebels' base. One thing I would have loved would have been to be short of ammos, and compelled to take the enemies' weapons (which obviously ain't that good). Give choice of weapons in the briefing, and remove ammo boxes.

Lag : none ; but do you really have to delete the bodies ?

Bugs : the mission didn't end.

That's it, hope it helps !

Catch you later,

Ig.

damn i cannot login to this yahoodriss..  

can someone plz send me the mission   sad_o.gif

Sent, but still try and join my yahoo group. You can check out some missions i already have in the files and you will get a message whenever i upload a new one as well as an e-mail if its too large for the group and i post it elsewhere.

Hey Winters !

Downloaded the mission and played the mission without any problem, so here's the report :

* Briefing :

Paragraph a little too thick. May be enhance the fact that you've got radio.

Also consider separating the "Assault" and "Hold" objectives, and adding a "retry" between the two sections.

* Mission :

I played the mission like the typical brainless gamer mission-designers fear : I took the sniping rifle from one of my men, an AT launcher, and tried to go all the way by myself. You know what ? I did it.

I just remained on the hill you start on, and shot the guards one by one. When noone seemed to be around on my side of the river, I called 0-0-1, and me and my guys headed to the bridge. I shot a bunch of baddies on the other side, heard my men signal an enemy but I couldn't see him and noone was shooting.

Went to the house, saw the guy... he got me  tounge_o.gif

Anyway, I somehow did it till the counter-attack (again, please a "retry" !), ordered two of my men in the MGs (there's no way I'm gonna use these tin caskets myself), set no mine or SCs, and waited.

Then came the best part, when you can hear the vehicles coming your way, and peeps start to shoot and you see nothing. Eventually I did see some baddies, and my men in the MGs did an awesome job. Well, when we managed to defeat the the wave on our side, it turned out that both of them had been  K.I.A.

On the other side, though, things were getting hot, as the enemy had just wiped out the other squad.

Shot infantry guys one by one, too, and the same went for APCs, who couldn't drive across the bridge because its surface is not even.

Things then calmed down, I took a walk across the bridge (I could do it), there was noone around, went back... and the mission didn't end ? Am I missing something ?

So :

Fun Factor : I had fun.

Difficulty level : well managed ; the big thing that annoys me is that you have delta ammo boxes in the rebels' base. One thing I would have loved would have been to be short of ammos, and compelled to take the enemies' weapons (which obviously ain't that good). Give choice of weapons in the briefing, and remove ammo boxes.

Lag : none ; but do you really have to delete the bodies ?

Bugs : the mission didn't end.

Thanks for the input, as i said its an early version and i am making numerous changes. now to address some points:

Briefing:

It wont look anything like it does once its finished, and i will add the weapons to it.

Ammo Crates:

I had them on the map when i was testing a MP version (also why there was no retry updates) of it, they won't make the final cut.

Mission:

I want the beginning to be fairly easy as the emphasis is going to be on the counter attacks. So it sounds like i may have to kick them up a notch.

Lag:

I used to keep the bodies on the map and the lag level just kept increasing as you played. I will make it so the units that counter attack are not on the map when you first start and maybe hav the time to remove the bodies longer so you don't really notice it that much.

Bugs:

I will fix that, im trying to set up different types of endings depending on whether or the bridge is still intact at the end.

One more thing, do you like the location or should i move it to different area that has a bridge?

I thought of one of the bridges that has a town on one side but worried about the lag with all the buildings and units.

Sent, but still try and join my yahoo group. You can check out some missions i already have in the files and you will get a message whenever i upload a new one as well as an e-mail if its too large for the group and i post it elsewhere.

received the mission twice now tounge_o.gif thx alot guys wink_o.gif

@Winters: i´m afraid i´ll give it up with yahoo. i tried 3 different logins and none worked sad_o.gif

---

i go to tonal now smile_o.gif

Hey !

I liked the location very much.

As to the assault itself : make it so that as soon as a guarding unit gets killed (for instance by a sniper), patrols are sent in every direction.

Another two-cents

wink_o.gif

Ig.

@hoz, @red

Sent & Sent, Thanks biggrin_o.gif

I am working on getting a site for all my OFP goodness, maybe i should speak with Blackdog about a tactical blunder site?

I tried the mission tounge_o.gif!  I was able to capture the bridge without any KIAs or WIAs.  I made 2 & 3 get into the two DsHk's covering the road.  I set 4, 5, & 6 along the walls to watch the perimeter (saved here).  I climed into the big tower and waited while that sweet music played smile_o.gif.  First try I was shot by some goverment guy with an AK, who was on the OTHER SIDE of the bridge (bloody bugger shot me in the back crazy_o.gif ).  Second try I held off a few guys then got shot.  Third try same thing, held off a few then got shot.  I stopped there.  So far, terrific work Winters.  I love the music selection.  Adds a lot to the mission.  Just work on a few things as above people metioned and your on your way to another MOM review  tounge_o.gif .

Nice mission though it lacks atmosphere i'd say put more voices/sounds in plus mor buildings.

I'm still playing at defending it i got surrounded in the middle of the bridge by 10+ tonalese crazy_o.gif

Heres a complimentary pic wink_o.gif

Taken while defending from the top of the lookout tower.

winters.jpg

@ m21man

I sent it to ya.

@ Acecombat

I am adding plenty of voices to it as well as some cinematics, this is just an early test version.

*UPDATE*

I fixed some of the problems with the mission (added weapons to the briefing and took out the ammo crates), it will now end when the resistance is notpresent but i am trying to add more endmission triggers that give you the good ending if you keep the bridge intact and a not so good one if it gets damaged. I will update the file tmmw. after working on it some more tonight.

here´s my feedback so far:

1st try seemed to be easy. took the east end w/o problems. ordered my men to various positions on the E end. i ran across the bridge to get that uaz w/DShk MG to improve my firepower a bit. ok, just as i arrived at the other end the music stopped and so did my heart...almost.  

i got very nervous, jumped into the uaz made a u-turn and ... crashed into the sandbags and suffered fatal injuries  crazy_o.gif

the few tries that followed are not mentionable..

but my last try was almost a success. i laid so many mines on both ends of the bridge that really no armor could get through.

i think only 1 AI troop was left, my squad already dead, when this Evil Johnny sneaked into my sandbag position and shot me  sad_o.gif

i like this mission. has high fun phactor and replayability for me. also i didn´t notice any lag and what´s even more important: my computer didn´t crash whilst playing on tonal  wow_o.gif

looking forward to test the next version  smile_o.gif

@ AliMag

i sent it

@ Mr. Burns

I removed the ammo crates so you wont be able to mine the road unless you bring mines with you at the start. This will created an interesting game for me last night, as the dead bodies get deleted and with no ammo crates......well, you can picture what happened about halfway through the counter attack ghostface.gif

I am going to change it so that only half of the enemy dead bodies get deleted and see what effect that has on lag, i also plan on making a series of radio calls to alpha red to make them fight better.

I can provide a temporary mirror if you want (it'll only be a day or two)? Haven't got Tonal, too big a d/l for my 56k  sad_o.gif

EDIT: Avon beat me to it, now I dont have to abuse my power biggrin_o.gif