Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Cool, thanks! Looks like noise levels are lower then the 350D. Noise reduction is mainly used for long exposures, longer then 30 seconds if you shoot on bulb. On the 350D Noise reduction only works for exposures longer then thirty seconds I believe. Still works that way? smile_o.gif

Few nightshots, testing the exposure... these were taken few weeks ago during midnight, in Finland (=dark). And eyah you can see a bit of grainyness, but not much. These were shot with ISO 1600 IIRC.

mg0387ag5.jpg

mg0388ef7.jpg

ISO 1600, wow! This is one of the reasons why I would like to have a DSLR. I'm still running around with a heavy tripod and using 30-60 seconds exposures (with ISO 100) to get some half way decent pictures at night.

Looks like this, when I'm lucky:

Hour_Glass_by_afreu.jpg

ISO 1600, wow! This is one of the reasons why I would like to have a DSLR. I'm still running around with a heavy tripod and using 30-60 seconds exposures (with ISO 100) to get some half way decent pictures at night.

Looks like this, when I'm lucky:

[ig]http://lenny.liquid-skill.de/Hour_Glass_by_afreu.jpg[/img]

at 1600 the noise levels are pbb complete crap so you will still have to use a tripod. Besides doing good night photography is a technicall challenge which I found very rewarding to overcome smile_o.gif Nice picture btw!

Depends on the camera... those pics I posted are unedited, just resized. Shot without tripod (haven't got one) with about 8-20 secs or so of exposure. biggrin_o.gif

Finaaally i remeber that i want to put some shots from Granada (Spain).... whistle.gif

HPIM3729.jpg

HPIM3748.jpg

HPIM3714.jpg

HPIM3700.jpg

HPIM3704.jpg

HPIM3692.jpg

And a two old photos, first one is from Vidio's cape, in the north of Spain and the other one is from Peñiscola, on the mediterranean coast

Vidio.jpg

peiscola.jpg

Enjoy smile_o.gif

considering that im still scraping funds together to finally buy a decent camera for my uni work, and these are all taken on my girlfriends snappy easy hold digi cam type thing, i thought these came out quite well - planning on revisiting them once i have a better camera and there wont be as much bloody noise (especially the colour ones)

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

(and thanks to sniperuk... kinda 'borrowed' his black borders as i liked them. Hope you dont mind.)

Nice pics, I like the first one the most.

(and dont worry I stole them from someone else tounge2.gif)

the first one is my favourite too, but when i got back from the site visit it wasnt impressive at all - some curves and changing to B&W created a much better picture in the end... and i keep noticing nice little details every time i look at it, mainly the road sign came as a suprise as i cant recall it being there when i took the photo.

I think it adds to the pic.

I prefer the white and black border over the plain black one now.

A car window.

f61d9f85.jpg

Holy crap SniperUK... your images over the last couple of pages are beyond belief. Excellent subjects and composition. The one of the jetstream over the water is my favourite. Just beautiful smile_o.gif

namnlst172ku6.jpg

namnlst2ym8.jpg

Scanned originals, slightly adjusted in PS to look more like the unscanned thing.

@sniperuk: Great stuff mate! Keep it up, awesome compositions.