Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Hi Killagee, I don't submit pictures to airliners.net because they turn pictures down for the most inconsistant reasons. Also they seem to only like the boring spotter pictures recently.

i couldnt wait until the weekend to test my new camera, so i just snapped a couple of pics out my window, and well...

here´s four of them (linked due to greater size then 100kb)

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

only thing i have done is resized them to 800x600 from 2816x2112

i havnt learnt all the settings yet and had everything set to "auto"

came out quite good i think biggrin_o.gif

[edit] i just HATE photobuckets "auto resize" function!

anyone know a better place? (exept imageshack as i get a ton of popups every time i wiew their size, and yes, i DO have a popup stopper, but it doesnt help)

You can change the max size before its resized to 1mb. That should stop things being resized. smile_o.gif

Nice pics guys! Hopefulyy I'll get some more shots taken at the weekend, I'm far too busy with work at the moment sad_o.gif

Oh, i also uploaded some shots to my website:

www.scoznet.com/kyle

For some reason, probably the fact that IE isn't HTML 4 compliant... the site goes a little wonky in IE, works fine in mozilla.

My php workaround to correct this has ceased to work!

smile_o.gif

Cool. Can we see some more pics of the T-62?

Edit: I have just ordered a Nikon D200!!!! Yippee... Gonna be hard explaining this one to the misses...

Cool. Can we see some more pics of the T-62?

Sure thing killagee.  

Here is another picture of a wasp on it and a shot of markings on one of the roadwheels (typical “starfish†type as seen on the T54/T55/T62 family of vehicles).  

IMG_0136copy.jpg

IMG_0097copy.jpg

The pictures were taken with a Canon PowerShot S2 IS, my first digital camera.  I did not want to buy anything more expensive for fear of damaging it in some way.  One reason why I selected it is because of its ability to record video and sound.  I was hoping to record some sounds of a Scorpion CVR(T) of a guy I know for addon makers.  Unfortunately, I have not been able to get in contact with him for the last few months because he is having some family problems.  Another reason I choose that particular camera is the optical zoom.

Trying to record tank sounds with a camera is nearly impossible... I've tried doing it before and it doesn't work, tanks are so loud that the audio just cuts out once it gets above a certain point on my old camera at least.

See http://www.surfacezero.com/span/tankin.mpg (very very crappy video)

I heard that minidisc recorders are very good at that kind of thing.

Speaking of video features on cameras I really need to get a new plain old video camera. My old one broke for no reason. It's like I never found a chance to use it for 2 years (maybe recorded 200 minutes with it) and it still crapped out on me...

Any suggestions?

Got any shot show less detail and more of the entire tank? wink_o.gif

Got any shot show less detail and more of the entire tank? wink_o.gif

Sorry, my mind was on details when made my last post in this thread.

T62.jpg

Blackdog, I can’t help you with any suggestion on what to buy.  Maybe we should start a new thread to discuss recording audio, might get some interesting replies.

Edit: Fixed sentence with redundant statement.

Trying to record tank sounds with a camera is nearly impossible... I've tried doing it before and it doesn't work, tanks are so loud that the audio just cuts out once it gets above a certain point on my old camera at least.

See http://www.surfacezero.com/span/tankin.mpg (very very crappy video)

I heard that minidisc recorders are very good at that kind of thing.

Using a minidisc player would be good, but ONLY if you use a half-decent external mic, or, even a fairly crappy one, wrapped up in something like a fleece-jacket, which'd cut down on the ammount of noise.. Not really possible to do that to the camera your recording on, although you could record the audio seperatly (as long as it doesn't start and stop a lot, which'd put the audio out of time), but an external mic would be a better idea, built in ones tend to suck

- Ben

Time for another photo-spam session by yours truly biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

My old house, lived there for the last 18 years.

normal_Img_1286.jpg

Bigger

A random tree/sunflare shot

normal_Img_1300.jpg

Bigger

I think the horse was trying to hide

normal_Img_1308.jpg

Bigger

Practically at the bottom of my road

normal_Img_1340.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_1341.jpg

Bigger

These two pics (I had to take 2 as they were going too fast for me to get them in one) of a speeding JetSki. It was doing about 35 knots, the speedlimit being 6 knots in the Harbour. Needless to say the Harbour Master was pissed. So he went chasing after him. He eventually got caught, and faces big fines and other penalties.

normal_Img_1116.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_1117.jpg

Bigger

Back on the Harbour side

normal_Img_1152.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_1157.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_1162.jpg

Bigger

normal_Img_1171.jpg

Bigger

Went to a diorama contest today, and I got to borrow another fellows brand new Micro Nikkor 105 VR;

fusk1dj5.jpg

whistle.gif

Went to a diorama contest today, and I got to borrow another fellows brand new Micro Nikkor 105 VR;

fusk1dj5.jpg

whistle.gif

is that a model? i cant tell lol looks soo real but so small at the same time lol rofl.gif

i dont know if it might be time to start a new photography diskussion thread or not, but anyway...

can someone give a couple of simple tips on how to make interesting photos?

and what you should think about?

how do i "stage" a interesting scene for my photo and still get it to look natural, as if it isnt staged?

hmm... maybe time to start a diskussion thread after all...

oh well, the mods can decide about that....

i dont know if it might be time to start a new photography diskussion thread or not, but anyway...

can someone give a couple of simple tips on how to make interesting photos?

and what you should think about?

how do i "stage" a interesting scene for my photo and still get it to look natural, as if it isnt staged?

hmm... maybe time to start a diskussion thread after all...

oh well, the mods can decide about that....

Simply don't stage stuff. Go out and look for interesting situations and places to take pictures off. I don't feel there is any need for a new thread what so ever.