Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

you have a very different type of Daddy Long Legs to us in the UK then smile_o.gif

22604972_6f3884b626_m.jpg

although during my google search (wahey) it seems that every nation has its own interpretation of the daddy long legs. I think another name for them is the Harvest Men... but that may be a particular species.

RealAlphabetSoup_Web.jpg

I was cleaning my keyboard today, for some reasons I thought this'd make an interesting picture tounge2.gif

Hazordous_web.jpg

It was.. horrible.. icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

you have a very different type of Daddy Long Legs to us in the UK then  smile_o.gif

http://static.flickr.com/19/22604972_6f3884b626_m.jpg

although during my google search (wahey) it seems that every nation has its own interpretation of the daddy long legs. I think another name for them is the Harvest Men... but that may be a particular species.

Isn't that a crane fly?

I should know. My husband had to show me the encyclopedia entry to assure me that they would not eat me. crazy_o.gif

EDIT:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/mr_dbr/RealAlphabetSoup_Web.jpg

I was cleaning my keyboard today, for some reasons I thought this'd make an interesting picture

A morning breakfast's key ingredients. rofl.gif

you have a very different type of Daddy Long Legs to us in the UK then  smile_o.gif

http://static.flickr.com/19/22604972_6f3884b626_m.jpg

Isn't that a crane fly?

I should know. My husband had to show me the encyclopedia entry to assure me that they would not eat me. crazy_o.gif

Yes it's a crane fly, they're colloquially known as daddy long legs' in the UK though. Like Messiah said, a daddy long legs is a nickname for all sorts of creatures depending on where in the world you're from: it refers to various species of crane flies, spiders and harvestmen.

From googling about, the spider in the killagee's pics is a 'daddy long legs spider' or 'long-bodied cellar spider': pholcus phalangioides.

i hope you remembered in what order the buttons where :P

Vo fvursm I jijÅ

icon_rolleyes.gif I took a picture of the keyboard before hand, and had it onscreen while reassembling it tounge2.gif

Hmm.. Anyone care to simply explain what the lens measurements mean? Like "Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G".. (the 70-300mm bit)

Focal lenght I'd guess, but doesn't seem right tounge2.gif

- Ben

Hmm.. Anyone care to simply explain what the lens measurements mean? Like "Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6G".. (the 70-300mm bit)

"I have been talking about focal length, f; what does focal length mean? If you can imagine a lens focused on an object at an infinite distance, so that light rays from the object are coming in as straight parallel lines, the focal length is simply the distance from the center of the lens to the point where those rays converge after passing through the lens (see Fig. 2)

Since items must always be focused on the plane of the film (which, therefore, is known as the focal plane ) Longer focal length lenses typically are longer in length. The longer focal length means that a narrower region of the subject is projected onto the film. This means that longer focal lengths result in an increase in the "magnification" of the resulting image ... see Figure 2. Therefore, "telephoto" lenses have long focal lengths and "wide angle" lenses have short focal lengths. A "normal" lens for a 35 mm camera is about 50 mm; such a lens is neither a telephoto nor a wide-angle. Its images correspond roughly to the perspective we would see with our eyes."

Dunno if that's comprehensive at all but yeah tounge2.gif

Vaaugly makes sense, short number = wide angle, bigger number = telephoto, that'll do tounge2.gif

As for cameras.. I think the D70 is kinda on the expensive side for me (Å750ish..)

So I'm looking at either a Nikon D50, or Canon 350D.. And looking at the basic specs, the 350D is 8MPs (as oposed to the D50's 6), and both have similar lenses (18-50mm or something)

Not really looked into lenses (Aside from the lensebaby inlove.giftounge2.gif), since not sure if I'll get a canon or nikon, so, again, open to recommendations for macro lenses tounge2.gif (Edging on the Canon I think)

- Ben

kiel_A.jpg

kiel_B.jpg

kiel_C.jpg

kiel_D.jpg

A snowy early morning in Kiel. Thought the streetlamp made some interessting effect.

ohgeez1a.jpg

I found this little bastard running around my bathroom this morning (less than 30 minutes ago). It looks like maybe a 3-4 week old and is just the right size for my snake. However, I let it go, despite the fact that it's a pest and that I have about two dozen like him in the freezer. I just picked it up with a pair of feeding tweezers, dropped it in the nearest bucket and took it outside.

I know it's a bad picture, but I just had to "document" it before letting it go.

Dude how can you feed something that cute to something so cold and slippery as a snake crazy_o.gif Have a heart man!

Dude how can you feed something that cute to something so cold and slippery as a snake  crazy_o.gif Have a heart man!

It's easy, mice are assholes.

127447075_479766d099_s.jpg 127447061_76d14bb241_s.jpg 127447030_31ab21af9a_s.jpg 127446964_59d89a03d6_s.jpg 127446950_a67e9c634d_s.jpg 127446911_9910861fb0_s.jpg

Hurry for the Flickr API smile_o.gif (Used it to make up the BBCode)

More posts in a second..

- Ben

127446883_03e31f0a9e_s.jpg 127446797_4e395149f3_s.jpg 127446743_46ba010fb5_s.jpg 127446649_49bc84288c_s.jpg 127446589_463688addc_s.jpg 127446523_934a337350_s.jpg

These are all pictures I took in Barcelona by the way, think I posted one or two before, but here's more tounge2.gif

- Ben

127446473_c3fa1a9451_s.jpg 127446454_53957cc2f8_s.jpg 127446434_7afc31547b_s.jpg 127446397_35ca149e4c_s.jpg 127446357_37d1739073_s.jpg 127446276_a39c60ca71_s.jpg

And thats the lot smile_o.gif

Incase anyones interested...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpflickr

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><?php

require_once("phpFlickr/phpFlickr.php");

// Create new phpFlickr object

$f = new phpFlickr("[Your API code here]");

// Change this to your flickr username

$username="dbr_onix";

$i = 0;

// Find the NSID of the username inputted via the form

$nsid = $f->people_findByUsername($username);

// Get the friendly URL of the user's photos

$photos_url = $f->urls_getUserPhotos($nsid);

// Get 36 photos of the users public photos

$photos = $f->people_getPublicPhotos($nsid, NULL, 36);

// Loop through the photos and output the BBCode

foreach ($photos['photo'] as $photo) {

echo "."]. $f->buildPhotoURL($photo, "Square") .";

$i++;

// If it reaches the sixth photo, insert a gap (to make it easier to copy/paste

echo(" ");

if($i % 6 == 0){

echo("\n\n");

}

}

?>

Hm, I could upload the script and let people change the username/how many pictures it retrives, saves having to run it on your own server..

Not the best way of doing this, since it means you can only upload recently uploaded files, but this is really just for me, to save a few minutes tounge2.gif

And just remebered about the EXIF data icon_rolleyes.gif My friends camera was a EOS 350D, that I used..

- Ben

dorrkikare55qq.jpg

Part of a series I'm trying to do called "Faceless features".

Really nice picture (as always tounge2.gif) GoOB smile_o.gif

I guess the trails (Mainly behind the white bag) was with a slow shutterspeed+flash?

Anyway, the DSLR.. Since the lenses that come with the cameras are going to be on the crappy side, it'd be a better idea to get a body-only camera, and get a seperate lens, which also has the up-point of looking less expensive (Å500, and two lenses, oposed to Å700 and another lens) tounge2.gif

I'll probobaly go into a camera shop in town and talk to someone about lenses, plus that way it's easier to go back and complain if something breaks! tounge2.gif

- Ben

Really nice picture (as always tounge2.gif) GoOB smile_o.gif

I guess the trails (Mainly behind the white bag) was with a slow shutterspeed+flash?

I'll probobaly go into a camera shop in town and talk to someone about lenses, plus that way it's easier to go back and complain if something breaks! tounge2.gif

- Ben

Thank you smile_o.gif The trails and blurriness is the lensbaby's "fault" smile_o.gif

And also you get to feel how the stuff rests in your hands, which is always a plus. And sometimes a minus if they put something that is highly desirable, but also highly expensive in your hands (felt that with the D1x I tried when I was buying my D70s) tounge2.gif

Ok enough if this. no more beating around the bush... I am going to buy a lensbaby, and thats the end of it. Goob i just love the atmosphere of ur photo's. At first glance they look manipulated but I know they are not. I like your idea for "faceless features". Try to get some people sitting on public transport with no heads...

Great work mate, post more!

Thanks killagee - Means alot especially coming from the guy who more or less inspired me to go serious about photography smile_o.gif

Well, I built my own "fisheye" today - Hehe. It's pretty crap, but for 60 SEK (probably less than 6 eur) and five minutes worth of work in the garage I'm pretty happy with the result, can't wait to try it out more seriously smile_o.gif

fisheye20nx.jpg

BTW, the autofocus works even when the frontlens of my fisheye-extension is resting ON the subject, so macro is no issue (even though the bokeh gets a bit too extreme) tounge2.gif