Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Sorry for the low res pics. The high res ones are lost for the time being.

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia.

Peggyscove.jpg

Cape Enrage, New Brunswick. That's the Bay of Fundy in the background.

ViewfromCapeEnrageLighthouse.JPG

Chateau Laurier. Quebec City, Quebec.

ChateauLaurier.jpg

Reversing Falls. St.John, New Brunswick. It doesn't look like much but that's because it's at mid tide. When the tide rises, the rapids flow inland, when it lowers it flows to sea. When it hits the mid point, it's perfectly still.

TheReversingFalls-HighTide.JPG

Obvious.

OfftoNovaScotia.JPG

And for sh*ts and giggles: Me shooting an FN FS2000:

FS2000.JPG

Nice pics, but get your sensor cleaned! nener.gif

I know crazy_o.gif

Just haven't found the time to take it to the camera shop confused_o.gif

Man I really kicked myself today when at Camp Pendleton I saw four Japanese vehicles (and like twenty JSDF soldiers) -- two Komatsu manufactured Humvee knockoffs, an iltis-looking thing, and an armored scout car thing. They were awesome!

Great work on getting the comet pictures AUS_Twisted.

Some pictures around Brighton yesterday

brighton27Jan1.jpg

brighton27Jan2.jpg

brighton27Jan3.jpg

I am thinking of buying either the Cannon Powershot G7

or the Powershot S3, what do you think?

I got the money but I can decide right now what to take. I am open for other alternatives! (but price wise dont go higher than the G7  please)

Wow! Nice pictures ya'll.. I remember a few years ago when this thread was started by Mr Blackdog, and it was Okay for morons such as myself to post crappy photos.. Well things do change.

Anyways, I just got myself a EOS 400d and so far I just have the kit lens. I still have to find out what all the options do, before I even stand a chance on taking any really neat looking stuff. But in the meanwhile I'll post these:

Just playing around with the manual focus.

photo1.jpg

A picture of a thing.

photo2.jpg

Gas prices in Sweden have dropped dramatically since the invasion of Norway (0,50 öre is roughly 0,07 USD).

photo3.jpg

I take it thats for a litre and not a gallon?

Edit: On second thoughts I guess the sign is broke. tounge2.gif

Dont think I've posted these:

358e21be-1.jpg

358e21be-2.jpg

Nice pics sniper! I love the texture and warm colour.

Love hurts:

lovehurtssuz5.jpg

Somehow "I broke my D string during a palm-muted powerchord" doesn't sound as dirty as "I broke my G string fingering A-Minor"

freak search for intact elements rofl.gif

200m far from home

car1.gif

car2.gif

Berlin.gif

sun is a fake from me and the light in the back

I take it thats for a litre and not a gallon?

that's ridiculously low even for a litre! :P 0.50SEK is like 0.05€ and the gas price in finland is like 1.13€ for a litre and 1.10€ at lowest if you're lucky tounge2.gif so it's gotta be a broken sign or else I'm moving to sweden and begin driving 24/7 if it's that cheap yay.gif

Somehow "I broke my D string during a palm-muted powerchord" doesn't sound as dirty as "I broke my G string fingering A-Minor"
rofl.gif

Wow! Nice pictures ya'll.. I remember a few years ago when this thread was started by Mr Blackdog, and it was Okay for morons such as myself to post crappy photos.. Well things do change.

Anyways, I just got myself a EOS 400d and so far I just have the kit lens. I still have to find out what all the options do, before I even stand a chance on taking any really neat looking stuff. But in the meanwhile I'll post these:

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo1.jpg[/img]

A picture of a thing.

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo2.jpg[/img]

Gas prices in Sweden have dropped dramatically since the invasion of Norway (0,50 öre is roughly 0,07 USD).

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo3.jpg[/img]

Nice pictures man! Mind sharing a 100% crop at 100ISO with us? I am interested in the noise levels of the chip smile_o.gif

I've been just snapping shots with the kit lense, all manual and ISO1600... tounge2.gif

Awesome stuff. Sniper's Kalashnikov, Gran's editing, Tovarish' guitar... also the Aussie comet. wink_o.gif

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo1.jpg[/img]

A picture of a thing.

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo2.jpg[/img]

[ig]http://www.speedydonkey.com/bilder/photo3.jpg[/img]

Nice pictures man! Mind sharing a 100% crop at 100ISO with us? I am interested in the noise levels of the chip smile_o.gif

Of course I can!

Now I'm sure I don't need to tell you that I don't know the first thing about optimizing images for less noise. These have all been taken with noise reduction off. I presume that it's used mainly for higher ISO numbers? And I can’t remember which ones were taken with iso 100 cos' I played around with the settings. I guess you can see it in the exif info

link1

Link2

Link3