Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Heh, nice pics... iNeo, might have to take you a pic tomorrow... first snow came during the weekend methinks, and already now it's almost a snowstorm outside. Atleast 3 hours ago it was still pretty light but... you never know. tounge2.gif

This is how it looked about 3,5 hours ago.

finnwinterxe9.jpg

And an "unpaired" pic taken about 3 weeks ago.

foreststufffc8.jpg

Can't go out and take a pic of what it looks now, since there simply isn't enough light for my poor little camera anymore... confused_o.gif

That is a lovely snowy autumn scene there BlackScorpion! A nice contrast of fresh snow and autumn colors ...perfect!  wink_o.gif

Thanks... guess the camera ain't that bad. I just stopped, took my camera, turned it to "landscape" mode, aimed and grabbed a pic. Then, when posting, just plugged the USB cable to my PC, opened the pic in PS and used the "Save for web" function straight away... lazy me. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, know what you mean... most of mine are crap unless I got few minutes to take the pic, though.

Still snowing outside. I'm starting to wish I'd have a Land Rover or something. crazy_o.gif

Back from school... nice exercise. I was stupid enough to take my bike, and not use the actual road... it might've been a tad more open. Well, going to school wasn't that much of a problem, except that it took me 10 mins (my record is 2:30 when coming home)... coming back was even "funnier". crazy_o.gif

No "comparison 24h later" photos of the same spot, as the road leading there seemed to be covered with snow, with some footprints leading there... maybe I'll get a pair of knee-high leather boots and get a pic for you.

finnwinter2xt0.jpg

LOL ... with that much snow in England the entire country grinds to a halt!

Most of the snow I've ever seen has been at high altitude...

caderhalo_s.jpg

Bigger.

.... This one was taken about 10yrs ago on Cader Idris in Mid Wales and I've always been curious of the strange lighting I seem to be surrounded by, although I have other pictures with this effect too! Mountain weather is weird!

I took this one about the same time also in Wales and is one of my favourites, although it's showing a bit of wear & tear!

llynelsi1_s.jpg

Bigger.

I was messing around with long-exposure photography tonight, got two decent pictures xmas_o.gif

287153626_8d5535546b_o.jpg

(~25 minute exposure, F10)

And my favourite :

287218817_146366af25_o.jpg

(Taken at around 2330, ~25 minute exposure at F10.)

It's probably quite high up on my favourite-photos-I've-taken list tounge2.gif

A photo I'd like to try, but can't (Don't have the right lens) is a picture taken directly upwards with a wide-angle/fisheye lens, at night (With a 30ish minute exposure). Will probably look best on the North/South pole, but it's a little impractical to shoot there confused_o.gif

- Ben

Awesome DBR_ONIX!

These shots are not easy... What sort of camera were you using? and what ISO was it set at? It is difficult with digital cameras to avoid excess noise during these long exposures...

Great work... try to get somewhere with less ambient light tho next time...

I'm planning of getting involved with a buisniess, where a part of the buisniess will photographing.

Mostly product-photos (small stuff, not cars etc), and maybe person-photographies.

So what I'm looking for is what objectives I need. I've already decided on the camera Canon EOS 400D.

I realize that I need a macro-lens, and I found a (what to me) seemingly good lens for the cost;

Canon Objektiv EF 100/2,8USM Macro ET-67 58m (and I'll also get a special flash, a ring actually tounge2.gif , for it)

But, for photographing people, what lens should I get?

I was thinking for a wide-angle-lens, but is that really needed?

If so, I found this one:

Canon Objektiv EF 15/2,8 Fish-eye /Gel

Is it a good one?

That was all my questions, so thanks for answers

JW

smile_o.gif

(P.S. Names are straight out of a Swedish webshop, so some words might be in Swedish, not misspelled wink_o.gif )

Beautiful and Simple Aimpoint... Bloody lovely...

Does the middle one have "Airforce" written on it?

Nice one Aimpoint, love the cross-processing effect too! Did you use a plugin or did you get down and dirty with curves and levels?

@AimPoint: thumbs-up.gif

@J W: I bought that macro lens in August, it is just great. biggrin_o.gif You'll never stop photographing small things as soon as you have it. For persons (do you mean portraits or what?) I can suggest the Canon EF 50mm 1:1,4 USM, 1:1,8 will do it as well; but I'm not an expert... confused_o.gif

So busy with uni... sad_o.gif

Heres the infamous Scottish Parliament building:

Parliament

"Arthur's seat:"

Arthur's Seat

I'm going up to the top of arthurs seat tomorrow night (bonfire night!wink_o.gif and hopefully get some good shots of fireworks!

Recently got a raise, and I celebrated this weekend by buying myself a little present:

bigsby2syn1.jpg

gretsch22hq2.jpg

gretsch23rl4.jpg

Thank you all smile_o.gif

@Killagee..yes exactly Airforce, btw always great photography yours Chris!!

@GoOB..In this case I have worked manually on colors curves..If you feel lazy today I have recorded the action HERE ,or check THIS SITE it's called Urban Acid..middle page more or less!!..another nice cross processing effect,with some differences.

cheers

Lovely shots AimPoint, I never seem to get colours right (or wrong, depending how you look at it tounge2.gif) when I'm tinkering around with cross-processing effects.

Pic from last Friday

normal_IMG_1936.jpg

bigger

My cam seems to have developed a slight hotpixel problem though. I can probably get it fixed under warranty, but it'll mean I'll be without a cam for weeks crazy_o.gifhelp.gif

I made some photos on a vacation to austria (damn what a beautiful country) some time ago

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

Pics taken with a Nikon CoolPix 4600 tounge2.gif

Hah, niceone kite. You fooled my eye for 2 seconds wink_o.gif