Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

ShibuyaNight4.jpg

I went to the Ueno Zoo in Tokyo... I thought it was really depressing sad_o.gif The conditions were pretty average I thought... The Zoo in Auckland has heaps of room for the animals, but this zoo was a bit cramped, and lots of the animals were pacing from boredom...

UenoZooLion.jpg

UenoZooGibbon.jpg

There is nothing as tragic as a caged eagle...

UenoZooStellaSeaEagle.jpg

UenoZooEagle.jpg

This is the band I am working for here playing at the summer sonic festival in tokyo.

BlindspottSummerSonic1.jpg

BlindspottSummerSonic2.jpg

I'm heading over to Malaysia next week, So I should come back with some cool pics. I love it over there, I've been 4 times, everytime it gets better and better smile_o.gif

Some nice pictures killagee smile_o.gif Did you get to see any of the country side too? Never been a big fan of cities :S

Batdog: Yeah malaysia is awesome.

Supah: Off to Osaska 2day on the bullet train so I will try and get some pics for ya, but they might be a little blurry... hehe...i will be moving about 280 kph...

Does anybody know of a good airforce base near osaka? i wanna go plane spotting...

Nice pictures everyone. This one is very odd. I thought it was just a puddle until i saw the text below. How'd they manage to make that (and make it stay like that)? The mind boggles.

Pictures from Cyprus:

cyprus1wx6.jpg

cyprus2ps1.jpg

cyprus3hz9.jpg

Frying the lens

cyprus9jf6.jpg

cyprus7iu6.jpg

cyprus4xy9.jpg

Paphos Bird Park. Not much in the way of space for any of the animals here, they spent more money on landscaping it than the animals it looked

cyprus11bw8.jpg

cyprus12lc1.jpg

This was on the side of a van in Paphos, and as far as I know there is no Manchester, Cyprus, only Manchester, UK...

cyprus13pu1.jpg

Batdog: Yeah malaysia is awesome.

Supah: Off to Osaska 2day on the bullet train so I will try and get some pics for ya, but they might be a little blurry... hehe...i will be moving about 280 kph...

Does anybody know of a good airforce base near osaka? i wanna go plane spotting...

I dunno if planespotting is allowed in Japan, I'd not risk it if you arent sure either. HotShot: Nice pictures and that Indian restaurant van ... That's what I call a dedication to service if they deliver this far out of their area wink_o.gif

Here are some pics from what is going to be my new humble abode for the next three months Wujin -- China.

dsc00319ar0.jpg

building sites everywhere

dsc00210yd3.jpg

somewhat typical

dsc00340zj9.jpg

sunrise this morning

Wujin is a shitty little town close to a slightly bigger shitty little town in a shitty little province close to Shanghai.

"Wanna go to Shanghai?" my boss said. "Wanna have some fun and meet interesting new people?" he said! "Sure" I said and now here I am. Shanghai my ass...

On the bright side: People here are inconceivably friendly and reasonably good beer here only costs around 60 cent the litre (Yeah, I started counting in litres) nener.gif

aquarium_12.jpg

aquarium_11.jpg

annabay_00.jpg

transcan_00.jpg

transcan_02.jpg

i love my camera... i would have had some better coastal shots, except i got up really early on a beautiful morning, went out to the beach, and took tons of great photos with an empty card slot... the camera was set to act normally without a CF card... :-( Still learning...

Hotshot, despite some very nice photos, one thing really bothers me and shows up in a bunch of your shots... it's often nice to give space around interesting features, whenever the edge of something touches right on a border, it creates a sort of attraction for the eye that usually isn't very desireable.  Then again, maybe it's just me.

Here's the spots I think you should have given another cm or so of space when you cropped.

tangents

I had to make this rough example to satisfy myself that it does look better:

no tangents

"Watch out for tangents, that is, the convergence of visual lines where the silhouettes of foreground or background objects become confused with the silhouette of the main object, thus causing a distraction." This also applies to scene elements and the border of the frame.

Wow, so many great pics here again smile_o.gif

i love my camera... i would have had some better coastal shots, except i got up really early on a beautiful morning, went out to the beach, and took tons of great photos with an empty card slot... the camera was set to act normally without a CF card... :-( Still learning...

The other day in Greece I did somehing similar... banghead.gif but now with the Russian Hack for the EOS 300D there's an option to prevent that.

The Macro lens looks really good raedor, the way it can focus just on a head and not the wasps body. Do you need to get close up though or is it zoomed in?

And thanks for the tips Earl, i think it is because the border/stroke was set to inside, and i hadn't compensated for that.

The Macro lens looks really good raedor, the way it can focus just on a head and not the wasps body. Do you need to get close up though or is it zoomed in?

This macro can do 1:1 pictures if I (better the end of the macro) am ~15cm from the target (= 31 cm from "film" to target). The first pic is just downscaled, the second one is a part of a pic, but not zoomed.

Mikael Stanne of Dark Tranquillity (vocals)

060708-dsc01047.jpg

Nice long exposures Denoir.

Here are a few more images from Japan... I go back to NZ 2moro sad_o.gif I love Japan... The people are just bloody cool...

OsakaDrop14.jpg

OsakaDrop6.jpg

OsakaAquariumtropicalfish.jpg

OsakaAquariumMainTank3.jpg

OsakaAquariumMainTank2.jpg