Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Lately I've noticed I spend WAY too much time in front of the computer - be it work or play. Sadly I haven't had much time or inspiration for photography (which makes this post sort of ironic), and I've realized that I'm in desperate need of a new hobby. So today, I picked up a little extra during my grocery shopping.

*edit* and if anyone is interested, the first musical masterpiece I'm butchering is Pink Floyd's "wish you were here"

Congratulations! Great choice. I have been playing the bass for 12 years... its a real addiction...

I call him "Eric". wink_o.gif

Maybe its two Eric The Half a Bee's standing next to each other? tounge2.gif

I call him "Eric".  wink_o.gif

Maybe its two Eric The Half a Bee's standing next to each other? tounge2.gif

Holy Hell, somebody got the joke. tounge2.gif

Congratulations! Great choice. I have been playing the bass for 12 years... its a real addiction...

Sure is! biggrin_o.gif. Since Saturday night one of my dual monitor's has always had guitar tabs on it smile_o.gif. Every day when I come home from work I play for a few hours. So far I've learned little tidbits from  Pink Floyd - "Wish you were Here", Black Sabbath - "Hand of Doom" , Metallica -  "Nothing Else Matters" and am currently working on learning Guns N' Roses "You Ain't The First" in it's entirety - Started on that one tonight and it seems simple enough that I hope I can have it down by the weekend smile_o.gif.

Anyways - to keep things ontopic:

guitar003cp8hm.jpg

guitar2cp0hr.jpg

Love that picture Ares.

Got myself a "new" camera; going old school with an Olympus OM10, just really for a fun muck about. We'll see how well i do without the aid of digitalness. tounge2.gif

Love that picture Ares.

Got myself a "new" camera; going old school with an Olympus OM10, just really for a fun muck about. We'll see how well i do without the aid of digitalness.  tounge2.gif

You just bought a very expensive camera wink_o.gif

Got myself a "new" camera; going old school with an Olympus OM10, just really for a fun muck about. We'll see how well i do without the aid of digitalness. tounge2.gif

That's a great camera - Iv'e shot with it alot at school and I really like it, you can never go wrong with an SLR from the good old days.

I'd recommend getting some basic darkroom stuff after youv'e acquainted yourself with the camera, should be availible really cheap on eBay or something. The darkroom is what makes me shoot film, I love going to bed smelling like crap with brown stains on my shirt tounge2.gif

Yeah, i did actually put serious consideration into setting a black and white darkroom up. But i'm back home for the summer from uni, and I decided my parents wouldnt like me hijacking the only sensible location i could see for it, the kitchen, and setting up a darkroom there confused_o.gif

Yeah, i did actually put serious consideration into setting a black and white darkroom up. But i'm back home for the summer from uni, and I decided my parents wouldnt like me hijacking the only sensible location i could see for it, the kitchen, and setting up a darkroom there confused_o.gif

Haha, the kitchen, that's a good idea... thumbs-up.gifwhistle.gif

Well AFAIK you need large worktops and running water, plus an area you can control the light in.... wink_o.gif

If anyone can instruct me otherwise in setting up a darkroom.... wink_o.gif

Well AFAIK you need large worktops and running water, plus an area you can control the light in.... wink_o.gif

The classic room is the bathroom afair wink_o.gif

Agreed, or if you live in a house with a cellar, like mine, then that's also good cos you totally control the light down there

Yeah, i think they'd like me even less for hijacking the bathroom, they just refurbished it biggrin_o.gif

I need a cellar!

That one's very good. But is this free wildlife? The leaves look like plastic...

No, the leaves are indeed plastic and it is a pet snake.

That one's very good. But is this free wildlife? The leaves look like plastic...

No, the leaves are indeed plastic and it is a pet snake.

A pet snake?! smile_o.gif How long is it and what's its name/type (well, what's the correct english word for that?)?

A pet snake?! smile_o.gif How long is it and what's its name/type (well, what's the correct english word for that?)?

The species is Common Garter Snake, 62cm last time I measured it. But let's not go off topic here.  wink_o.gif

http://www.gartersnake.info/