Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

Fine pictures everyone! I especially like your second one crashdome, some contrast and or colour editing on that baby and it's set!

Challenged by a friend, I sat out to talk to three unknown people for atleast five minutes. I figured I might aswell photograph e'm. These are my results;

Leffe, a constructionworker living in Uppsala.

leffe0hy.jpg

Olle, from Stockholm.

olle2ch.jpg

Pelle, a piercing parlor clerk.

pelle9dc.jpg

Challenged by a friend, I sat out to talk to three unknown people for atleast five minutes.

Hehe, what did you talk about? smile_o.gif The black & white one is nice...

Two more from last weekend's hanging out the window:

06032bhren70yk.jpg

060325bhren514sn.jpg

Flag of southern-most Sweden, Skĺne or Scania. smile_o.gif

The black & white one is nice...

Indeed. That one is very good.

Nice shots iNeo & CrashDome smile_o.gif

Your people shots are amazing Goob! I like the 2nd one best...

INeo did you photoshop those or are they panning shots with slow shutter speed? Great photos mate.

Crashdome: Check out that ladder! Bugger that... Did you climb another one to get that shot?

I ran into a few problems when I went out on another photo mission to Murawai the other day, here are the results: some what dissapointing i thought...

Maybe you guys could halp me out?

Problem 1) Wide angle lens (10-20mm)

Using the circular polarizer i could only ever get a small part of the image to be affected. Hence you can see the dark middle of the sky in the pics below. Also, because the field of view is so wide, the Cokin P Filter system does not work sad_o.gif So I couldnt use the graduated density filters i usually use... Does anyone know if a 77mm screw on grad filter is availiable? I had a look on the net but couldnt find any...In most of the shots half the sky was blown out by the sun sad_o.gif

You can see what i mean here with these failed shots:

MurawaiVertWeb.jpg

MurawaiWideLandscapeWeb.jpg

MurawaiLandscapeWeb1.jpg

MurawaiBeachWideWeb.jpg

Problem 2) 70-200 f2.8 Lens + 1.4x Converter... How to focus on fast moving birds!?!

Although the autofocus is super fast, I had real trouble getting in focus shots... Shutter speed wasnt a problem, because the lens opens up to F2.8 or F4 with the converter on, but with such minimal depth of field focus is critical... Of all the dozens of photos i took of the Gannets in flight, only these two were exceptably sharp...I tried manual but i couldnt zoom , focus and release the shutter all at once. I'm not an octopus you know!

MurawaiGannett2Web.jpg

MuawaiGannettWeb.jpg

Any advice would be appreciated...

Now that I have had my little rant, here are some images which i think worked out ok...

MurawaiMollyGullStarfishWeb.jpg

MurawaiPortraitWeb.jpg

MurawaiColonyWide2Web.jpg

MurawaiCliffs1Web.jpg

And my favourite shot of the day... On the way home!

StrawberryDuskWeb.jpg

This Cicada got caught in the house. I expolited his prediciment somewhat before i let him out...

CicadaVertWeb.jpg

CicadaVert2web.jpg

Beautiful thumbs-up.gif

INeo did you photoshop those or are they panning shots with slow shutter speed?

They're panning shots with slow shutter speed ... I was thinking of mentioning that since the blur may look photoshoped because of the photoshoped partial black & white-ness. I was zoomed in and they were going pretty fast, and while the camera takes the shot the display goes black, so it was difficult to follow the vehicles during the exposure, but on some shots they turned out amazingly sharp with a nice blurry background. smile_o.gif

Great photos mate.
Nice shots iNeo & CrashDome smile_o.gif

Thanks! smile_o.gif

Well, with a zoom lens and enough birds around it is possible:

241_4113_sm.jpg

(Click on the image to enlarge)

That was on 3rd of March in Venice, when we just boarded our ferry to Greece.

Thanks, raedor!

INeo, is that an IR filter in photoshop to get that B/W?

INeo, is that an IR filter in photoshop to get that B/W?

Nope, I removed most colours out of most of the picture but let yellow and red IIRC remain to a certain degree using the saturation thing, you press Ctrl-U in Photoshop Elements to get the control up. And I played with intensity and contrast.

IMG_3801.jpg

Stadium.gif

relfectroof.jpg

Taken in Barcalona, on a Fuji S7000, and Canon EOS 30D (I think, it was a friends camera I used when I ran out of batteries and couldn't find somewhere to buy charger), I'll probobaly get something similar as my next camera..

The S7000 is nice, but I now miss things like manualy changing the focus/zoom mid-exposure, being able to change the lens, and most annoying-to-me, the delay between pressing the shutter and it taking the picture.. Messed up many photos by missing something by half a second, for example :

ignored.jpg

If the camera reacted a second earlier, it would have been way better sad_o.gif (Could have went back and retook it, but the street was really busy and I would have ended up losing the rest of the group tounge2.gif)

- Ben

Probally not up to scratch with the rest of you lot, but these were taken on a standard olympus digi cam...

stpauls1.jpg

stpauls2.jpg

Part of my architecture project at University, these were taken at St. Pauls and the Millenium Bridge. I think it may be just me, but I love the contrast on the building on the right of the first picture, such great tones of grey i found.

And now for something not so fancy. Dug up some old photos, last christmas, last summer... Hell I dunno.

IMG_1416copy.jpg

IMG_1328copy.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_0279copy.jpg

Manic Monday Macro Madness!!!

I spent my day off at home 2day playing with a cactus I brought for $5. You may have seen him before. I had an idea as I was watering him, and ended un spending the day hunched over my coffee table inthe lounge... with my flash balanced on some books and a black t-shirt for a black background. Today I decided I really need to set up a little Studio in my spare room (Had to put it all away when the misses came home from work...)

What do you think? These are my first time with working with liquids. I found Lemonade and Worcester sauce to be the most interesting...

I had an issue with noise for some reason... ISO was at 200 though?

I wish the Max Flash Sync speed for the D70 was more than 1/500th...

CactusMacroVertCloseWEB.jpg

CactusMacroVertCloseDropsCropWEB.jpg

CactusMacroVertLiquidRed2CropWeb.jpg

CactusMacroVertLiquidRedWEB.jpg

No spiders were harmed in the taking of this image. This guy lives in my bathroom with lots of his friends.

CactusMacroVertDLLegsWEBjpg.jpg

CactusMacroDLLegsWebCropWEB.jpg

CactusMacroDLEGSTangleCropWEB.jpg