Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

When was the last time New Zealand forces were attacked by aircraft? 1944?

Actually a few months back a crazy old dude got really upset when his wife left him. He stole a plane, then flew around for a few hours (followed by the police helicopter) threatening to crash into the SkyTower... he ended up running out of fuel and landing in the ocean about 50m off a beach. The was a photo in the paper of a really angry and upset man walking up the beach the next day LOL smile_o.gif

skeppjvel8ez.jpg

Nice pictures all, especially killagee! Your photos are so dreamlike! How do you get that "fuzzy" feel?

@all What do neutral grey filters do? Enable long exposures in daytime w/o overexposure?

hu , whats that? foldable houses?

No, they're people from Mexico who come to the US every weekend or in this case weekday, buy all the crap at every garage sale they can find, and then take it back to Mexico for resale.

@all What do neutral grey filters do? Enable long exposures in daytime w/o overexposure?

They're most useful for showing motion in bright conditions, so for example you want to blur a waterfall on a bright day, you would use a 3 stop or upwards ND filter to allow a longer exposure.

There are also graduated ND filters which are useful for landscape work, the dark bit covers the sky to even out exposure between land and sky, that way the sky isn't 'blown out'.

Nice pictures all, especially killagee! Your photos are so dreamlike! How do you get that "fuzzy" feel?

Thanks mate smile_o.gif

Yip thats pretty much what it does. It stops highlights from blowing out, and allowes you to let more light, for a longer time into the lens. these are example of using an ND4 from this morning smile_o.gif

I took to a trip to Tinopai, in Northland this morning.

Getting up at 4.30 can be worth it sometimes...

TinopaiWharfPreDawnlo.jpg

TinopaiWharflo.jpg

TinopaiMotorLaunchlo.jpg

TinopaiMorningLaunch.jpg

TinopaiKingFisherCroplo.jpg

Heres a few from driving to and from the army thing. There are always opertunities around, and it only takes as long a toilet stop...

NoReligiousSalesman.jpg

NightCowslo.jpg

NightCows3lo.jpg

HuntlyPowerstationlo.jpg

Constructive critique appreciated. Do i do too much colour corection from the Raw file? do they look too different?

That first shot of your second post is just spectacular! New Zealand has some of the nicest scenery I've ever seen smile_o.gif I wouldnt say you do to much colour correction. The shots dont look fake or plastic which you sometimes get when ppl mess with it too much.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE POST PHOTOS THAT YOU TOOK ONLY!</span>

(edited sept '04 - pictures haven't worked for a while and it's annoying how people are posting pics that aren't their work in this thread)

Quote[/b] ]Not sure where else to post this, it's not mine, but it's just so awesome, it's hard not to share.

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503....puser=1

eh hem... icon_rolleyes.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>PLEASE POST PHOTOS THAT YOU TOOK ONLY!</span>

(edited sept '04 - pictures haven't worked for a while and it's annoying how people are posting pics that aren't their work in this thread)

Quote[/b] ]Not sure where else to post this, it's not mine, but it's just so awesome, it's hard not to share.

http://www.surfacezero.com/g503....puser=1

eh hem... icon_rolleyes.gif

satan.jpg

Uhh...

Picture to make up for spam:

Hpim1363.jpg

That someone has that much time to spend on their house is sick.

I see you've been taking pictures of the poor-imposter Alan Alda again Blackdog~ tounge2.gif.

henke6oq.jpg

My mate having a smoke.

sara5uk.jpg

Another friend, with her camera.

michelle25wb.jpg

Disturbing a third friend in class, a second after the photo was taken, the teacher chased me away tounge2.gif

Goob: Remember those lensbabies you posted about a while back? Well here is someone who's tried them smile_o.gif Read it and thought you might be interested smile_o.gif

Goob: Remember those lensbabies you posted about a while back? Well here is someone who's tried them smile_o.gif Read it and thought you might be interested smile_o.gif

Cheers mate! And what a coincident too! I just picked up my Lensbaby from the postoffice today! biggrin_o.gif

dsc03608mv.jpg

dsc03193an.jpg

dsc02814lb.jpg

Nice shots earl, #3 is ace!